• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gianlucad

Hello
90 Badges
Nov 9, 2008
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
DOMINATION OF THE DRAKA MOD
rkn9hhN.png

The Domination of the Draka is a mod based upon a dystopian alternate history series by S. M. Stirling split between three books, Marching Through Georgia, Under the Yoke and The Stone Dogs.
What are the Draka?
After defeat in Revolutionary War, the Loyalists who historically went to Canada are instead resettled in the new Crown Colony of Drakia (named after Sir Francis Drake) in South Africa, taking their slaves with them. The Crown Colony of Drakia (later, the Dominion of Draka) is an aggressive militaristic slave-owning society, massively influenced by the inherent racist attitudes of these American slave owner settlers that are allowed to run unchecked, reinforced over the course of the late 18th and 19th century by 25,000 Icelanders fleeing their island after the 1783-84 Volcanic devastation. French royalists, 150,000 defeated American Confederates and other reactionary refugees also emigrate to the colony. The much earlier Dutch Boer settlers are completely assimilated by these subsequent immigrants. The Draka capital city is Archona, on the site of our own world's Pretoria. Citizens, who are free and can vote, comprise only a small fraction of the Domination's population.
Over 90% of the population are slaves. When the British Empire abolishes slavery in the 1830s, the Draka avoid emancipation by labeling their slaves "serfs". At first, serfs are officially debt laborers who can earn their freedom, but this is a feeble legal fiction. This pretense is dropped when the Draka withdraw from the Empire, but the word "serf" remains the standard term.​

Boeqbia.jpg

If you have not heard about this mod before, visit the old HoI2 thread about the mod for further information.
A timeline of the Draka series can be located here.​

Current state of the mod:
Fully operational

Download Version 1.2 (Mediafire) for DH 1.04 Final

Installation instructions:
1 - Download the files from the link above
2 - Make a new copy of you Darkest Hour Full folder in Darkest Hour\Mods
3 - Rename the new folder to Domination of the Draka
3 - Extract the content of the downloaded file and copy them to the new folder you created in Mods
3 - Start the DH launcher and select "Domination of the Draka" as the mod to be loaded
4 - Choose the correct scenario and play! :)

EqYB88T.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
no, but i think you copy DH main file in Mod, remain it Draka, and extract the Rar in to draka

OH YEAH, Sorry about that, I forgot to tell you to make a copy of your DH full folder and then paste the draka files on top of it.

Last edited:
no, but i think you copy DH main file in Mod, remain it Draka, and extract the Rar in to draka

Ok, I fixed the instructions now. Again, I'm sorry about the inconvenience :p

My first thought: You've really gotta boost the Draka's IC. It's only 184 at start, when it's supposed to be a rival to the USNA.

My first thought: You've really gotta boost the Draka's IC. It's only 184 at start, when it's supposed to be a rival to the USNA.
Yeah, I'll increase it up to something like 400 base IC.

But for some reason ATM the Draka AI only manages to build IC. When I get to the year 1944 it normally has 800-1000 IC but the same ammount of everything else it had at the start of the game. Does anyone know how I can fix that?

I've Increased Drakas IC to 320~ base IC, it now gets an average of 400 IC at the start of the game and suffers a -10% peace effect on the IC. And to accomodate that ammount of IC I had to imcrease the total energy and metal output per province so as to actually get a surplus.
I also increased the total number of convoys form 100 to 300 because after a while all of the Drakan troops in islands would get out of supplies and disband.

It's good to see yet another major HoI mod converted to DH engine!

But for some reason ATM the Draka AI only manages to build IC. When I get to the year 1944 it normally has 800-1000 IC but the same ammount of everything else it had at the start of the game. Does anyone know how I can fix that?

There could be number of reasons for that. Here are just few on top of my head
- How big is the starting army? If it is too big compared to the available IC, the AI produces IC with priority (there's modifier in misc.txt that triggers this based on the IC used to supply troops)
- There's an AI parameter that tells the AI when to stop to produce IC (IC_end_year = YYYY or something like that)
- There's another AI parameter that defines the percentage of the IC that can be used for production

It's good to see yet another major HoI mod converted to DH engine!

There could be number of reasons for that. Here are just few on top of my head
- How big is the starting army? If it is too big compared to the available IC, the AI produces IC with priority (there's modifier in misc.txt that triggers this based on the IC used to supply troops)
- There's an AI parameter that tells the AI when to stop to produce IC (IC_end_year = YYYY or something like that)
- There's another AI parameter that defines the percentage of the IC that can be used for production

Oh, I figured it out (I think) I was messing aroound the AI file and I found these lines:

Code:
ic_at_war = no
	force_ic_until = 1945
	ic_end_year = 1945
	IC_provs = {
		873 # Pretoria
		876 # Johannesburg
		872 # Durban
		880 # Cape Town
	}

I think its building so much IC because its being forced to do so until 1945 by the ic_end_year and force_ic_until commands, so I changed them to 1938.
I'm gonna test the game to see if that changes anything.

EDIT: Oh and they have 183 divisions at the start of the game.

Yep its building now! :D

Just one more thing:
For some strange reason, Greece joins the axis together with Yugoslavia, and the soviets join the allies now that they arent in the comintern when barbarossa begins. And when Japan goes to war with the allies, the soviets join the war against japan :/.

How can I fix that?

Haven't read the books or played the HOI mod, but I find the timeline intriguing and will download this mod when I get home from work today. Thanks!

Just one more thing:
For some strange reason, Greece joins the axis together with Yugoslavia, and the soviets join the allies now that they arent in the comintern when barbarossa begins. And when Japan goes to war with the allies, the soviets join the war against japan :/.

How can I fix that?
Try setting this value in misc.txt to 0:
# Should not aligned countries join automatically Allies/Axis when DoW by Axis/Allies and both alliances are at war? 1 = Yes, 0 = No
1 #1

Oh God, finally someone finished converting this! Was definitely my favorite concept, and was fun on AoD!

After the last failed attempt to port it, I never thought it was going to actually go through.