+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Occultus Orbis Terrestre

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisRise of Prussia
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTaxman View Post
    Well, giving a one time tech investment that is large enough could do the trick.
    It will. But requires more calibration to get it right.
    check out my 399AD mod (now for DW5.2!)
    WiP: AURORA UNIVERSALIS, a mod for EU4: "Come the first millennium BC, chaos erupted and old order was in shatters as new tribes and peoples entered the scene in their search for glory, land, and riches. Ancient empires were brought to their knees..."

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Yeah even if you could figure out an event that just raises all tech levels to a certain point I'd disagree with it. It would make all your tech investments up til that point worthless and you would have been better using it to mint or something. And if other countries come and conquer Atlantis are they going to be able to take advantage of this event?
    Gaijin

No, only the nation named Atlantis can use that event, and the only nations that can form Atlantis are those with Atlantian culture. I suppose a nation could culture shift to Atlantian and then have the option of forming Atlantis, but that is currently the only way.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Not to worry, the only event planned that deals with tech is just to give a newly formed Atlantis (and ONLY Atlantis) a little 'boost'.
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

I installed following your instructions (old OCC away, gfx in main folder) but when I swtart a new game (after selecting a nation) it crashes when adapting history.... what's wrong?
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchemperor View Post
    I installed following your instructions (old OCC away, gfx in main folder) but when I swtart a new game (after selecting a nation) it crashes when adapting history.... what's wrong?
    I am sorry to hear you're having trouble. Is your vanilla completely up to date? I had that problem before, but to be honest, I can't remember how I fixed it. I feel a bit embarrassed about that.

Here is the current (working) build - still experimental, but completely stable AFAIK (I've tested without any hangups whatsoever). If you hurry, you can be the first to play this build

EDIT: Removed link to experimental build.
    Last edited by MrTaxman; 30-03-2012 at 00:26. Reason: Link no longer needed
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Did you make the same mistake I did and copied the gfx folder instead of the folder called "copy this into your vanilla directory"?

Oh yeah, that might've been the problem... I really should rename that folder *feels sheepish*
    How does "Copy contents to Vanilla Directory" sound?
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Oh yeah, that might've been the problem... I really should rename that folder *feels sheepish*
    I think you'll be fine if you just change the instructions on the first page. Specifically say that you need to copy a folder in x, into folder y in the vanilla folder. Don't say anything that the user could confuse in the OOT folder.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMaster View Post
    I think you'll be fine if you just change the instructions on the first page. Specifically say that you need to copy a folder in x, into folder y in the vanilla folder. Don't say anything that the user could confuse in the OOT folder.
    Maybe that's for the best.

Well, in other news, I've got Lemuria remodeled extensively. There are on the order of 63 new provinces (almost every old prov was divided into at least two), 6 new sea zones, and the terrain map has been completely redone. Also, in order to "de-australia-nize" Lemuria, the continent is now differently shaped, a little more consistent with the 'legendary' Lemuria/Kumari Kandam that has had major geological upset and erosion.

It will take me a little while to get all of those coded in (i.e. names, tradegoods, etc). Until then, if you could experiment a little with some of those decision & events we've been talking about, that would be a real help. Thanks.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMaster View Post
    Did you make the same mistake I did and copied the gfx folder instead of the folder called "copy this into your vanilla directory"?
    Eeehh.... Yes, that is the problem.

Just make the rar like this:
    gfx (contains stuff that needs to be copied to main directory)
    mod - OCC - *the actual mod files*
    Know what I mean? so that you only have to unzip it towards your main EU3 folder and not in the mod folder.

BTW Thanks for the new build version
    "Don't start a fight when there is nothing to win."
    - Erwin Rommel, The "Desertfox"

Just make the rar like this:
    gfx (contains stuff that needs to be copied to main directory)
    mod - OCC - *the actual mod files*
    Know what I mean? so that you only have to unzip it towards your main EU3 folder and not in the mod folder.

BTW Thanks for the new build version
    I had considered doing it that way... but I worried that it might freak people out.
    I'm glad we were able to fix your problem! And I hope you enjoyed your special release
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

When can we expect some flavour for Prester John?

Also, are you sure it shouldn't be in the Muslim or Oriental tech groups? I think they should be quite strong, like the Europeans believed they were...and potentially some missions for...

Could also have some unique government for them, or at least give them the Empire government?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    When can we expect some flavour for Prester John?

Also, are you sure it shouldn't be in the Muslim or Oriental tech groups? I think they should be quite strong, like the Europeans believed they were...and potentially some missions for...
    Could also have some unique government for them, or at least give them the Empire government?
    I think it would be great. Rough some out for me, and I'll try to balance things. Right now I am working on finally putting in a sufficient number of provinces onto Lemuria (It was kinda lame to have so few). Now I've gotta name em, populate them, etc. So I'll be working on that for a while. That was the map that convinced me to place PJL in Africa... it looks so natural, doesn't it?
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Sure, also, maybe it would be good to have some more provinces in Congo owned by Prester John, connecting Kongo (The country) to east Africa?

Or even better, having them as colonizable provinces to avoid PJ being too strong at start (if you do make them stronger)

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    Sure, also, maybe it would be good to have some more provinces in Congo owned by Prester John, connecting Kongo (The country) to east Africa?

Or even better, having them as colonizable provinces to avoid PJ being too strong at start (if you do make them stronger)
    Both good ideas... but I like the 'colonizable' option better. I'll finish off Lemuria (big project, blah) and then add in some more in the Congo. Great idea.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Hello, I've been using your mod for some time now and it's great! It has made the game far more interesting since you never know what you're gonna find in uncharted areas.

However there is a problem. The game keeps crashing every once in a while.
    My error log says many times: "Failed to create id [numbers]. Already exists in game." messages, the latest one being "Failed to create id 6192 38. Already exists in game.".
    Any idea what's causing this?
    Also there are some problems with missions, which apparently have already been reported in this thread.

Other than that, great job!

EU3 Complete

I saw that there was a cthulu religion in the mod files and I was wondering could countries adopt this religion?

Also wanted to say this is a fantastic mod ^-^

Quote Originally Posted by vilPRO View Post
    However there is a problem. The game keeps crashing every once in a while.
    My error log says many times: "Failed to create id [numbers]. Already exists in game." messages, the latest one being "Failed to create id 6192 38. Already exists in game.".
    Any idea what's causing this?
    Also there are some problems with missions, which apparently have already been reported in this thread.
    The crashes with that 'failed to create id [numbers]' are not actually errors that will cause a crash - at least according to many other modders with tons more experience than me. In the latest, stable builds I only get those errors and no crashes (over 100 years testing).
    Which version of the mod are you using? The latest version (1.1.5) does not have the crashes. Did you do a clean install? (completely remove and re-install)
    Sadly, the missions are something that I am not sure how to fix... but they're not a fatal crash, so I am hesitant to "fix" them, as that might create more instability.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki2310 View Post
    I saw that there was a cthulu religion in the mod files and I was wondering could countries adopt this religion?

Also wanted to say this is a fantastic mod ^-^
    Thanks
    The 'cthulu' religion is only endemic to that little island. And you REALLY wouldn't want to have that as a national religion (Cthulu eats people, c'mon!) It would essentially destroy your country to have Cthulu as your god.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast