+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) Occultus Orbis Terrestre

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad93 View Post
    Downloading now the 1.1 version.What am I doing in the thinktank,anyway?I didn't contributed in no way to the mod.
    You've contributed ideas that have helped me refine how I've put the mod together... and you've sent me in some directions that I hope to include in future releases. For example, after your posts about African nations, I found these
    Code:
    Tellem (near Mali)
    Makhlyes (Libyan tribe)
    Macrocephali (N. Africa)
    Blemmyes (S. Egypt)
    But if you don't want to be included, I can easily remove your name
    EUIII: DW Mods
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by CivandEUIII View Post
    I just noticed this:

so is the always war mod incorporated then?
    Yes...? As I said, this mod was platformed off of an earlier release of D&T. If it was included there (credited), I've included it. I also got permission and gave credit to D&T's contributors, 'cause I think that's fair.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

"A language is a dialect with an army and navy" - Max Weinreich - Meyer Lazarevich Veynreykh - "אַ שפּראַך איז אַ דיאַלעקט מיט אַן אַרמיי און פֿלאָט"

Could someone confirm that they can open and play the current release of the mod?
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

After trying to start a new game it crashes while loading...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    After trying to start a new game it crashes while loading...
    What country? Every country?
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Ok, please completely remove all previous versions of OOT and re-install.

Does that fix it?
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Quote Originally Posted by MrTaxman View Post
    What country? Every country?
    I tried to start as Prester John, haven't tried with any other countries atm.

And i had removed completely the older version, always delete the previous version...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    I tried to start as Prester John, haven't tried with any other countries atm.

And i had removed completely the older version, always delete the previous version...
    Did the country selection screen come up normally?
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Samnite-obsessed Italian Nomad93's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

You've contributed ideas that have helped me refine how I've put the mod together... and you've sent me in some directions that I hope to include in future releases. For example, after your posts about African nations, I found these
    Code:
    Tellem (near Mali)
    Makhlyes (Libyan tribe)
    Macrocephali (N. Africa)
    Blemmyes (S. Egypt)
    But if you don't want to be included, I can easily remove your name
    Ah-ha,alright,then.Why would you add a tribe of ermaphrodites,anyway(the Makhlyes)?

Ah-ha,alright,then.Why would you add a tribe of ermaphrodites,anyway(the Makhlyes)?
    The question is, why wouldn't I add a tribe of hermaphrodites? North Africa is seriously lacking civilizations IMHO... I mean, there's only sand there! In a world that includes Lemuria, Mu and Atlantis, you would expect North Africa to get a little lovin'.

OK - maybe I've found an important point. What is everyone's checksum?
    The one I get is FLLO
    Last edited by MrTaxman; 16-03-2012 at 23:04.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Ok, I tried completely removing OOT from my mod folder and re-extracting it. No dice. I've tested it as one of the Atlantian nations, Mu, and England. In all cases I am able to select my nation, hit start, a loading screen comes up, and then after a moment or two the game crashes.

I did look all over the map, I didn't notice an observer nation, has that not been added yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkMaster View Post
    Ok, I tried completely removing OOT from my mod folder and re-extracting it. No dice. I've tested it as one of the Atlantian nations, Mu, and England. In all cases I am able to select my nation, hit start, a loading screen comes up, and then after a moment or two the game crashes.

I did look all over the map, I didn't notice an observer nation, has that not been added yet?
    No observer nation yet. Sorry. I was trying to get the next release out.

I have checked my vanilla checksum, and found it to be EDTE... so I messed up somewhere.
    I am re-installing vanilla, then going to put in OOT, and see if I get the same crash issue as everyone else. If so, I'll fix it. Sheesh, modding can be tough!
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

No observer nation yet. Sorry. I was trying to get the next release out.

I have checked my vanilla checksum, and found it to be EDTE... so I messed up somewhere.
    I am re-installing vanilla, then going to put in OOT, and see if I get the same crash issue as everyone else. If so, I'll fix it. Sheesh, modding can be tough!
    It sounds almost like you accidentally made one of the changes to the vanilla files rather then the mod files, you may want to back those up so you don't have to rewrite a part of the code entirely...

Samnite-obsessed Italian Nomad93's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3

The question is, why wouldn't I add a tribe of hermaphrodites? North Africa is seriously lacking civilizations IMHO... I mean, there's only sand there! In a world that includes Lemuria, Mu and Atlantis, you would expect North Africa to get a little lovin'.
    Sure it does,but you're adding people who are quite much...un-human.I mean,people who were male on an half and female on the other half.
    Are Atlanteans,Lemurians,Meruians and Murians too as strange?
    Last edited by Nomad93; 17-03-2012 at 01:11.

Sure it does,but you're adding people who are quite much...un-human.I mean,people who were male on an half and female on the other half.
    Are Atlanteans,Lemurians,Meruians and Murians too as strange?
    That was written in the bestiaries... another interpretation is that their men wore their hair long, and their women practiced the arts of war.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Ok, after uninstalling EUIII, re-installing EUIII, re-installing OOT from online and spending lots of time fixing, I found the problem(s).

I apologize, but I made some mistakes when I was writing the intervening portions of 1.1 (now 1.1.1, as it is fixed).

Your checksum should now read XSGH, or at least mine does and it works.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

I'm downloading now to test the new version.

Never heard a response on the question about having two merchant republics in Atlantis.

Edit: Nope, the new version is no good either. It still crashes in the same place in the same way. I'll try restarting my computer and try again later to see if that fixes it, but for now I'm going to do something else.

Edit2: Still crashed. How do I check my checksum?
    Last edited by TheDarkMaster; 17-03-2012 at 03:47.

I'm downloading now to test the new version.

Never heard a response on the question about having two merchant republics in Atlantis.

Edit: Nope, the new version is no good either. It still crashes in the same place in the same way. I'll try restarting my computer and try again later to see if that fixes it, but for now I'm going to do something else.
    Did you completely remove OOT, and then install OOT AND place the gfx folder into your main EUIII folder?

Sorry for losing your question in the shuffle. Yes, I did put in two merchant republics, because I wanted there to be a slightly broader balance on Atlantis, as there are more warlord nations than before, too.
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

Yes, I did completely remove OOT. Why would I need to put the gfx folder in the main EU3 folder? Death & Taxes, nor any the last version of OOT required this.

Have you made sure that the mod file tells EU3 all the files that it needs to replace to run the mod? I'm fairly sure you can replace those files that way, without needing to override the vanilla files.

Yes, I did completely remove OOT. Why would I need to put the gfx folder in the main EU3 folder? Death & Taxes, nor any the last version of OOT required this.

Have you made sure that the mod file tells EU3 all the files that it needs to replace to run the mod? I'm fairly sure you can replace those files that way, without needing to override the vanilla files.
    There is a file, billboard.fx, that MUST be in your main EUIII gfx/fx folder - I'm not the one who came up with it, it was someone much smarter than me. I'm just copying the method used by MEIOU to have custom tradegoods icons on the trade map. I'm not sure if the mod will work without it being done this way.

Also, I'm not sure why the mod isn't working for you. What is your vanilla checksum? Mine is BJLT
    Occultus Orbis Terrestre
    Ars Lingua

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 ... LastLast