• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PerciXal

Slayer of Ur-Quan
68 Badges
Aug 27, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
The Fall of the Durrani Empire - A Durrani Restoration AAR

Hey, hey, hey! This is my first AAR and it's about a OPM country named Durrani (I was originally playing as Russia but I saw Durrani's strange predicament so I thought that this would be a great start for an AAR). Though of course it wasn't an OPM when it first revolted from the Timurids, but many crippling wars against the Jaylarids, Kazakh, and Yemen (rebels too) left it with one province in the Middle East named "Bahrain". Oh, by the way Yemen has a core on our last province and we have dangerously low relations with them, soooo yeah.. It's also a different culture from our own (Baluchi is Durrani's primary culture and Bahrain's culture is Bedouin Arabic). Well anyways here is a map of my territorial goals.

EU3_MAP_DUR_1592226_1-Copy.jpg

Red are my primary goals and blue are my secondary goals for territorial expansion.

Oh! Knowing that Durrani was a huge country in Eastern Persia, it has very high inflation (around 25-27) and it's also not a trade nation so it's gonna take awhile to lower the inflation, but lowering the inflation will be my economical goal, plus I also have to westernise if I wanna survive against Russia, and Vijayanagar. :p

If I wanted to I could form Persia and the Mughals (but as you can see the Mughals are out of the question :/), but I'll leave that up to you guys when I get to a certain part of the AAR.

Introduction
The Origins of the Durrani Empire Pt. 1
(Rest coming soon)​

Last edited:
Bahrain against the world? Ally with Ryukyu to form the mighty coalition of The Two Islands and crush all mainlanders!

Plus, great idea to play from the middle another game! I wonder what will the AI do with Russia without your enlightened leadership?

I certainly like the idea of switching nation mid-game, especially when you switch to a struggling OPM with massive inflation and hungry neighbours nearby! Quite a challenge and one I am looking forward to following. Colour me subscribed.

Introduction
The Origins of the Durrani Empire Pt. 1​

Durraniflag.png
blahblah.png

Durrani flag (left) and the EUIII flag (right).

In the year of 1411, January 1 the great empire had birthed itself from the failing Timurid dynasty. Out of all the men that could've ruled our people, the great Ahmad Durrani rose in power and brought the peoples of Baluchistan together against the barbaric horde. The Baluchi people were tired of the old and deteriorated Mongol ways and wanted to flourish in their own nation that they could call "home". Luckily the Timurids were too weak to re-establish power amongst them and let them get away by paying the horde a sum of their taxes, but Ahmad's brother Burhan Durrani became jealous of Ahmad's growth in power and wanted a seperate nation named after the Baluchi's, but Ahmad would not let this go as he feared that the local peoples would side with his brother.

406px-Ahmed_Shah_Durrani1_24893746_std.png

Ahmad Shah Durrani or Ahmad Shah Abdali

Burhan Durrani of Baluchistan demanded his brother, Ahmad, to integrate with the true entity for Baluchi peoples but this was not acceptable to Ahmad as he would lose power that he desperatley craved for since his childhood. This is what started the Baluchistani Reconquest of Makran on 1432, December 18. The goals of this war was to take Makran and hopefully convince Ahmad to stand down. Ahmad couldn't defeat his brother alone, luckily eastwords in India, the Sultanate of Delhi offered an agreement that they would honour eachother's cries for help whenever they were assaulted. With a strong ally who had plenty of men to spare the Durrani army lead by Ahmad Durrani was able to slow down the incoming forces of Burhan.

AhmadDurranigoingtobattle.jpg

Ahmad readying for battle.

The first battle of the war was a small victory for Burhan as his men were exhausted and left with only 800 men to seige our capital of Indus. Ahmad would not allow enemies of the empire to place their feet on the soil of Indus without consequence. As Ahmad led his army towards Indus with more reinforcements, his brother retreated to the province of Baluchistan which led to the climax of the war. Burhan's army was devastated and was quickly disorganized, they retreated to Sistan where Burhan was caught and slayed by his brother, Ahmad. Burhan's acclaimed "land of the Baluchi peoples" was annexed a year later on 1433, November 14.

fukjfy.jpg

The Batte of Baluchistan.

Soon enough Delhi was attacked by Vijayanagar because the king was too blind to see his arrogant ways. Ahmad saw this as a way of repaying the Sultanate of Delhi, Ahmad proudly accepted the cries of help from the Sunni Muslims from Delhi and quickly joined the war against the infidels. After numerous defeats and little victories the Vijaynagari armies finally reached the lands of Durrani. Ahmad was able to keep the armies at bay but on a peaceful day Ahmad's life was taken away by disease on 1439, January 1. His son Zaman Durrani took the throne and continued the defence against the invading armies. After the war was over Zaman ceded the provence of Kandahar to the king of Vijayanagar, but rising patriots from the province of Kerman integrated into the Durrani Empire for safety from the Timurids. Zaman tried to help the country through reforms but ended up decentralizing the empire even further. Ten years after his rising to the throne he also died to unkown reasons and his son was too young to rule the throne (1442, August 1).

With Durrani leaderless and vulnerable, another Indian nation took advantage of this and tried to take the capital in the Rajputni Reconquest Of Indus. The poorly equipped armies of Rajputana made little progress, especially in the Battle of Indus. A Durrani army of 6,000 men led by the 13 year old heir of Zaman, named Muhammad Durrani was able to force the 11,000 man army of infadels back to the Kingdom of Rajputana. The war officially ended on 1455, August 20 with white peace and Muhammad finally was able to take the throne and lead Durrani to greatness through peace and diplomacy, until he died in 1466.

---------------

Btw this isn't going to be historical.. as you can see. Since the Durrani Empire was never Baluchi, and Ahmad didn't have a brother named Burhan, I don't think. If there was a then someone should correct me. Also I'll post the rest of the intro today if I have time.

Did you watch Durrani from the time it broke free from Timurids, or did you check out the save files/post-game ruler decriptions?

And at what date will you actually start playing?

I checked its history and checked the wars it contributed in, in the EU3 Stats mod. btw this is the intro so don't expect gameplay screenies til after.

It certainly seems as if Durrani has had a hard time of it under AI control, hopefully you can change things and achieve success with them.

Last edited:
Good luck. This is even worse than my Maldives game where you at least got good chances succeeding if you could survive the first 100 years and move the capital to Diego Garcia.

I think it's going to be interesting AAR. Just separate the flags as they mixed together.
By the way which mods are you using?
None, also, since it's summer and I have a huge amount of free time plus not being bored of EUIII right now, I think I'll start working on this soon.