• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I still don't get the problem with fabricating claims. It takes like a decade, costs a fortune, and still usually only gets a county.

It's made to be used as a last resort. For instance if you need to grab another county that will open up the option to usurp or create a title and there are no other options available to do so (marriage, pressing courtiers claims etc).

It is purposefully expensive, unreliable, and costs you prestige (i.e. other characters look down upon it).

Why have a CB system in the first place if you just want free CBs on every county you want while only waiting a year (*cough OP cough*)?

Heh good point. Also on average I get the claim in less than 5 years. Today was lucky and got it in only 1. And having lots of claims doesn´t mean much, because if you´re a duke with a king with medium or higher authority (and that WILL happen a lot) and have few free demesne slots or small demesne size (can happen a lot if you have a ruler with bad stewardship and law other than gavelkind), then having lots of claims won´t do you any good. The game is about small expansion by arms (getting 2-3 extra counties per ruler, unless you´re king or emperor, is a VERY good achievement), and expansion by marriage as well.

It's made to be used as a last resort. For instance if you need to grab another county that will open up the option to usurp or create a title and there are no other options available to do so (marriage, pressing courtiers claims etc).

It is purposefully expensive, unreliable, and costs you prestige (i.e. other characters look down upon it).

Why have a CB system in the first place if you just want free CBs on every county you want while only waiting a year (*cough OP cough*)?

But the OP didn't change the cost.

Getting claims fast is usually better than cheaper. Usually after a certain point the cost simply won´t matter.

Wait, I still don't get the problem with fabricating claims. It takes like a decade, costs a fortune, and still usually only gets a county.

there's no problem with it. ignore the "holier than thou" elitists. they're missing out.

I'm sorry... could someone explain to me what file you are editing those lines into?

Is it in the "job_actions.txt" file under "action_fabricate_claims"?

If so, do you remove the "trigger = {" bit and replace it with the "mean_time_to_happen" part described by the OP?

Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Why are some people QQing over a MOD? The AI gets the same benefit as the player. "Oh QQ."

no one is "QQ"ing a mod. Are you paying attention at all?

The only thing being criticized is whether one thinks fabricating claims in itself is a valid function or not.

The only thing being criticized is whether one thinks fabricating claims in itself is a valid function or not.

I'm not saying fabricating claims is not a valid function. It is a tool in the toolbox and I use it when I need to.

What I'm trying to imply, is that many new players, or players who seem unable to think in a strategic manner, seem to think it is the be all end all of expansion in this game.

I think it's sad that someone can't play this game without dumbing it down so much that it becomes 'push butan - get county'

People are free to mod the game as they desire, just don't expect any respect from me if you are bragging about making the game easier for yourself.

I mean, it is in the game, how could it not be a valid function? Is it the most efficient? No. But there are counties every now and again that don't have claimants. Especially in the first hundred years of the game.

At risk of sounding like a snob, most of this thread is kind of silly. I guess I'll break it down.

1) Fabricating claims is about as glorified as it would be in real life...which is not at all. However, something doesn't have to be glorified to be a legitimate, if under-handed, move to secure more power. I use the option in conjunction with claims to ducal titles and the like.

2) Anyone suggesting that modding the game to make it easier ISN'T cheating should really have themselves a moment of truth. Really? Not that I honestly care that much. It's your game, cheat or mod how you want. But if you go on to the game's forums and make some absurd post boasting about modding the game to make it easier for you then don't expect mad props. Which leads to...

3) Fabricating claims is therefore not "cheating" or copping out, it is using a legitimate game mechanic to expand. Modding the game to make it easier to fabricate claims, which can sometimes go bust or take a very long amount of time, IS cheating. Which, again, in a single-player game that's the player's business, until he goes onto the forums winking his way into a blissful, murderous, war-torn oblivion.

OP, I'm not sure why you remind me of a giddy crackhead who just got a new string of Christmas lights and can't stop turning them off and on, but really I think if you want to make a valid case this ;_) business could use a toning down. That's just some not-terribly-polite-but-hopefully-useful advice there.

I find the OP kinda annoying...don't even know why..but yeah, you're basically recreating one of CK1's greatest issues lol.

I find it interesting that you would jump into a thread of someone you find annoying just to display that attitude?? So, you like to "troll" then do you? :_)

That's just some not-terribly-polite-but-hopefully-useful advice there.

Thanks! When I want your advice I'll be sure and "ask" for it.....until then..........

Thanks! When I want your advice I'll be sure and "ask" for it.....until then..........

If you wanted only positive, gleeful responses to your thread then maybe you should have "said" so. And the person you called a troll was letting you know a valid point. Or are valid points also not allowed here?

Status
Not open for further replies.