• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMagic

CONFEDERATES AND FLAGS FOREVER!!
3 Badges
Nov 30, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
mean_time_to_happen = {
months = 12
(from 360)

Now every year I will get a claim opportunity if I want, won't always be able to afford them since the cost isn't cheap.

I got sooooooooooo tired of waiting 10 years and nothing. I'll probably kick it up some more as I play around with it the pct chance with 12 is 100% though a year. Gonna try 180 next and see what pct that is I'm guessing 50% maybe?

So, how long did it take you to find out? :p

Add a modifier that only applies to a human:

Code:
	mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 120

modifier = {
			factor = 0.1
			liege = { ai = no }
		}

What this does is modifies the months value for the spy master if his liege is not an ai.
Factors in this particular event are multiplies against the months value.
So it equates like this:

months = months * factor

And it does this for each subsequent modifier clause.
Each modifier clause has the factor value followed by a condition that must be satisfied.

Last edited:
why are there so many people who talk down to others that use fabricate claim? yeah we know it's not the most efficient way to gain land. but there are times when it serves a purpose. people who act like they are somehow "better than you" because they think lowly of fabricate claim are quite frankly asinine.

LOL thats what i do, but sometimes they wont be my vassal, even though they like me 100 opinion from claim pressing. Sometimes they become vassal automatically. watdaFokk?
Have something to do with de jure realms, I think. Also they have to be in your court. If they are in the court of your vassal, they won't become your vassal.

LOL thats what i do, but sometimes they wont be my vassal, even though they like me 100 opinion from claim pressing. Sometimes they become vassal automatically. watdaFokk?

If you press the claim of someone who isn't in your employ--just a courtier--they won't become a vassal when you turn over the newly won province, unless that province is in your de jure rule.

If you make that courtier a vassal, first--say, making them a bishop--then take the province they have a claim on, they'll become your vassal.

They won't become a vassal of yours if the title they'd receive after you get the province is a similar or higher level than your own (for example, if you're a duke, and you win a claim for a dukedom for someone else).

If they are a de jure vassal of your they join your realm.

If they aren't they don't. They become independent. This was probably caused by previewers abusing the press claims mechanic to conquer half of France, which meant he could usurp France. And then win the war because half of France was owned by Dukes who loved him.

So if you want to abuse the mechanic the way he did you'll have to make the claimant a lord i your realm before you win the war.

Nick

why are there so many people who talk down to others that use fabricate claim? yeah we know it's not the most efficient way to gain land. but there are times when it serves a purpose. people who act like they are somehow "better than you" because they think lowly of fabricate claim are quite frankly asinine.

It's kinda cheating is why I'd have to say it.

Do whatever you want but it's still lame.

It's kinda cheating is why I'd have to say it.

Do whatever you want but it's still lame.

1. no it's not. editing files, on the other hand, kinda is.

2. that's your opinion

You're off to a fantastic start

1. no it's not. editing files, on the other hand, kinda is.

2. that's your opinion

You're off to a fantastic start

Editing the files to make it easier for you, yeah.

Yes it is my opinion, and your opinion is opposed do it, doesn't make yours more valid than mine. I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything, just answering your question.

I guess I haven't played enough to learn this, but how else can you expand more efficiently than fabricating claims? I've only played a game for about 90 years, but the only opportunities I had to expand were three fabricated claims and crusading.

Status
Not open for further replies.