• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Is Corsica and Nice considered Italian?

OOC: By irredentist's, yes. Along with South Tirol, Istria and Dalmatia. Also Malta if you want to go for broke.

us-flag.png

The United States Of America hope that before any further lives are taken, a peaceful agreement can be reached. We do not wish for the European continent to be embroiled in any wars, and we would also hope to maintain full peace in the Pacific Theatre. We hereby also declare our neutrality - no American blood will be spilled and no American soldier will be harmed if the conflict can be avoided. We hope that neither of the feuding sides will drag either the United States, or any other neutral nation, into the fray.

OOC: You can also throw in the Savoyard provinces lost through Cavour based on past ownership and the Ticino Canton of Switzerland based on linguistic similarities if you're really playing hardball, and that entirely leaves aside the colonies that in the OTL post-war treaties were frankly kind of a catch-as-catch-can. It'll also probably depend on how much the war costs you; demands will probably get more grandiose and less related to the situation on the ground as the cost in human life soars, simply to "prove" to the voting populace that it wasn't all a waste. And considering some of the 1914 plans floated around...

OOC: Red Cesar, could you do a vote for secession in Ticino?

OOC: Three way war: Central Powers/Entente/Italy :p

OOC: Remember that I am still part of the Triple Aliance.

ru.gif

The Russian Empire hears the Kingdom of the Netherlands plea to sit down and arrange peace before armies start to clash, but we doubt that the Central Powers, specially Germany are willing to do so by their own will. The fact that they have violated Belgium soverignity to invade France is a clear show of their belligerence and thirst for blood. The United Kingdom has warned them to stop this or force them to enter into the conflict, the Kaiser seems not to care about this. We also warn the Netherlands to be ready for a possible invasion by the Germans forces, we don't know how far they can get to achieve their goals.

We also offer the Kingdom of the Netherlands a trade deal that will benefit both parties.

OOC: Remember that I am still part of the Triple Aliance.

OOC: A defensive alliance. Austro-Hungary is the aggressor (apparently the historical reason they didn't support Germany and AH). Apparently Italy also had a secret defensive pact with France, though information on it is scarce. Italians in general don't seem to have liked AH much (France supported unification, AH blocked it). Just putting out facts, not trying to sway you.

OOC: Well, I want colonies and crap. And Austria does not give me colonies and crap.

OOC: Well, I want colonies and crap. And Austria does not give me colonies and crap.
OOC: Good luck crossing the med if you go against me :)

OOC: With the combined power of Austrian and Italian navy I shall do just fine or something.

OOC: He has Murmansk and Archangelsk on the White Sea with Murmansk being ice free year round, just in the middle of nowhere and cold. Similarly he has Valdivostok on the Pacific and the tran-Siberian railway is near completion (just the Amur line is incomplete but is near completion {1916 was the completion date}. More later typing on the phone is difficult for this purpose.

OOc: Join usssssss!

01_nemska_zastava.jpg

Kaiser Wilhelm II has called for a meeting of the Reichstag to debate the Japanese ultimatum. Our nations are not yet at war, and so as such this demand is currently being seen as that of an aggressor.

As for the Russians, we do not want war, it is your nation that sides with the Serbs in their disrespect toward sovereign monarchs and has declared war on the Austro-Hungarian Empire through their assassination of the Archduke. War could have been avoided had you not interfered. The German Empire respects all nations currently declaring neutrality, and have already made it. Lear to the Netherlands, before any input from the Russians, that the German Empire garuntees the neutrality and borders of the Netherlands, and will defend them in the case of an Entente invasion.

OOC: May need more time for that offer Japan, away from an actual computer.