• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ru.gif

The assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand has touched all the royal families of Europe, but the actions of a single man who acted by his own will is not an excuse to punish a whole nation. The Russian Empire warns the Austro-Hungarian Empire that if the sovereignty of the Kingdom of Serbia is violated, we shall step in to defend our Slav brothers.

OOC: Congo, it is August 1st. Both of us are at war. The only person NOT in the war yet is the UK.

500px-Flag_of_Austria-Hungary_1869-1918.svg.png

Austro-Hungarian Empire

We have no doubt that this was not simply the acts of one man, but the coordinated effort by the Kingdom of Serbia to destabilize our Empire further. We are done with asking Serbia if she will accept our ultimatum, she refuses to do so. The only solution is to now go to war with Serbia to assert that what the Empire says, we shall back it up fully.

ru.gif

Then if war is what you want, war you shall have. Is a pity that we are brought to this, but you have forced our hand to grab the sword and defend not only the Slavic people but also the Orthodox Church. The earth trembles, because Russia is going to war.

nl.gif

The assassination of the Archduke Franz Ferdinand is an event that has shaken Europe to its core. The Netherlands urges the belligerent nations to meet at the negotiation table before the battlefield for the good of nations and is willing to host such a conference in the Hague pursuant to Section I of the Hague Conventions (1899 & 1907). The Netherlands also requests that all belligerents respect the rights and duties of neutral nations, as applicable to Sections V & XIII of the Hague Convention (1907).

May Peace reign in Europe!

Pieter Wilhelm Adriaan Cort van der Linden, Prime Minister of the Netherlands

Last edited:
800px-Ottoman_flag_alternative_2.svg.png

The Ottoman Empire wishes to stay out of this unimaginable conflict. It is however willing to trade with all sides during the Conflict. Further More the Ottoman Sultan and His government support Dutch calls for Negotiations to prevent this conflict from engulfing all of Europe and then the world.

You could join as the Republic of China.

OOC: But the RoC is essentially a military dictatorship, and I'd rather take it down a path similar to OTL, which would require playing the Kuomintang down in the south.

But if I can't play the Nationalists, I suppose I'll consent and join as the RoC and the emperor-wanna-be Yuan Shikai.

Unless Cesar overrules me, I think you can only play as a country, not a movement.

The only person NOT in the war yet is the UK.

OOC: Well, and me.

View attachment 49275

In accordance with the Emperors wishes, I, Ōkuma Shigenobu, make clear that Japan will support the United Kingdom as per the terms of our alliance if they are forced into war.

Last edited:
His Majesty King Constantine I of the Hellenes hereby declares that Greece shall as of current, remain neutral in this conflict, until public opinion is decided as to our stance.​

OOC: I sure as hell am not going to have a revolution in this game. Even the slightest hint of a revolt, and I shoot everyone, including the loyalists.

His majesty King Gustaf V of Sweden hereby declares that Sweden shall chart a neutral course for now and that we intend to continue trade with all parties until such times as such a policy must be reconsidered. If the situation continues to spiral out of control we are also willing to act as a center for refugees.​

OOC: Partial copy cat time! Nothing wrong with this post aye? :mellow:

Last edited:
OOC: Looks good to me! Perhaps you could use a lighter blue colour though, that one is pretty hard to read on the blue background.

OOC: Think how I feel with Russia's font :/ My backgrounds white.

OOC: Give me what I want and I'll fully support the RoC whichever way you'd like ;) (not sure what it is I want yet...)

Seriously though, good luck with staying in power starting as the RoC in 1914.