• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ru.gif

To answer the Greek representative statement. Not only did the Germans violated Belgium integrity without warning, but they also broke the Treaty of London, witch Prussia signed. Such treaty established that in case of a war between European Powers, Belgium neutrality was guaranteed. You can see clearly that the German government has no clear sense of honour and will do whatever it takes to shape the world to their will. Right now, the small and peace natured Kingdom of Belgium is being invaded by one of the strongest armies in the world, and it comes to us, the Entente to defend not only Belgium, but the civilized world from the German barbarians.

Hasn't Greece suffered something like this decades ago? We are sure you would understand.

OOC:
OOC: BTW I guess we need a CSA in WiR 1861.

Don't you even dare say that. I wish not to enter any wars until around 1970~. For 56 years I shall build up a force big and strong enough to tear down through the Vietnamese jungles (Lumberjack divisions will be a priority), so that the US dominates.

Caesar, I have put in quite a large infrastructure investment, and in a few days I'll probably sign a treaty that will partially talk about something to do with industry (its all super secret), do I need to throw more money into my orders or can I just say that this new railway development will be drafting money from that particular investment?

OOC: I said it to Taii not you. And that response made less than no sense to me.

OOC: Map, now including reis in neon green. Oh, and reis: one omelette, unbroken. ^_^
BoPMap-1914Aug2.png

IC:
200px-Flag_of_Romaniasvg.png
The Romanian government does acknowledge that the Belgian government was attacked without provocation, and with so little warning as to be effectively meaningless. It has been the principle of European politics for centuries that each nation is, within its own borders, sovereign, and the Belgian refusal to serve as nothing more than a road for the German armies was entirely within their rights as a sovereign polity. For Germany to respond to this with a declaration of war is most unfortunate, and Romania regards it with extreme concern. Will Germany likewise declare war on other nations for no other reason than inconvenience?

ru.gif

Russia welcomes Romania common sense, something that is beginning to miss in some European countries. First Serbia, then Belgium, who will be next? Nobody knows what the Central Powers will strike next in their hunger for land.

The Empire of Russia offers Romania to strength our links by establishing a trade deal between our two nations, this will benefit both nations and bring us closer. The trade should start by January 1915. Since we have a common land border we doubt that in case Central Power ships enters the Black Sea our trade will be disrupted.

OOC: Map, now including reis in neon green. Oh, and reis: one omelette, unbroken. ^_^
BoPMap-1914Aug2.png

IC:
The Romanian government does acknowledge that the Belgian government was attacked without provocation, and with so little warning as to be effectively meaningless. It has been the principle of European politics for centuries that each nation is, within its own borders, sovereign, and the Belgian refusal to serve as nothing more than a road for the German armies was entirely within their rights as a sovereign polity. For Germany to respond to this with a declaration of war is most unfortunate, and Romania regards it with extreme concern. Will Germany likewise declare war on other nations for no other reason than inconvenience?

OOC: I'd be amazed if the egg wasn't actually broken in any way, including puncturing. Still, pretty neat.

After a careful reading of the rights and responsibilities of neutral nations under the Hague Convention, the Romanian government has found no fault in the Russian offer. We therefore accept this trade agreement, with the caveat that the Romanian government will not directly undertake or permit itself to be involved in the export of weapons, munitions, or other articles of war to the Russian government, as per Article 2 of the Hague Convention.

We would also, at this time, request foreign aid and investment in order to improve Romanian infrastructure and industry. As a non-belligerent nation, the horrors of war will not be visited on our lands, and our markets are open and untapped, compared to many of our neighbors. Such aid and assistance would go a long way in improving the opinions of the Romanian government and people of those who would offer it.

OOC: Yeah, I'd been hoping for something like that, too, but the only other way I can think of beyond that method (preferably without putting the beaten eggs back in the shell) is that "egg in a jug" poured omelette thing, and frankly, those are kinda...yeah.

500px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png

The Portuguese Government has three priorities for Portugal.

Education - Portugal was once the leader of scientific advancement, pioneers in many areas of science, and our academic institutions are some of the oldest in Europe. We intend to make this a priority again, as it will be a pillar of our future greatness. Projects are being studied to alphabetize a greater part of our population, seeing as we have one of the lowest literacy percentages of Europe, and expand the capacity of our academical institutions.

Industrialization : Portugal is still lacking in industrial output compared to other areas, although our communication and transport infrastructure is close to adequate, with the recently installed wireless telegraph stations. We have a wealth of natural resources in our territory, and Portuguese workers to work them, so we must bet strongly on the expansion of our industrial base.

Trade : We have based our growth, for centuries, on trade. The centuries that saw a decline in Portuguese trade were the centuries where we say a decline of our power. We must seek to boost our trades, both within Portugal and with other nations, as prosperity and greatness can only be achieved through trade.

OOC: Romania has naval level 6, same as Netherlands? And Spain did still have some colonies, I believe.

Last edited:
ru.gif

Russia agrees with the terms proposed by the Romanian government, our business together shall make both nations prosperous.

On another subject, regarding the foreign investment, the Russian government offers Romania an investment. A total of 500$ divided in the following way:

Infrastructure: 250$ for the modernization of the Romanian rail system, this will allow a cheaper and faster way to transport people and goods along the country, making Romania economy to freely grow without much interference.

Industry: 250$ mainly focused in the development of the oil industry.

Such investment will be made by Russian companies, thus giving Russian enterprises some work to do and some profits in the years to come. We also hope that this will bring our nations closer together.

The Kingdom of the Netherlands would to announce that similar to the Republic of Portugal that it is also embarking on a program to dramatically expand its industrial base. Inparticular it would like to announce the Queen Wilhelmina Prize for Industry, details to be released to the press in the coming days.

Furthermore, the Kingdom of the Netherlands would like to invite industry and intrastructureinvestment from all interested parties, with the possibility of investment in the rubber plantations and oil fields of the Dutch East Indies being of particular note, as they currently represent more than one-third of the world supply/reserve respectively.

The Kingdom of the Netherlands would also like to commend the principled stance of the Kingdom of Romania in the growing war.

Van der Linden, Minister-President of the Kingdom of the Netherlands

OOC: Yeah, that seems off. Stranger is my infrastructure with densest railnet and largest harbor in Europe being the equivalent of Romania or the Ottomans... PM sent about concerns. Also aren't the Phillipines a US colony?

Last edited:
ru.gif

The Empire of Russia is interested in foreign investment, as we shown with the offer to Romania.

As with the last deal we made to establish trade relations between our two nations, we would like to expand it with investment in your colonies.

Our offer is the following:

1) An investment of 150$ in the oil industry in the Dutch East Indies

2) An investment of 150$ in the rubber industry of the Dutch East Indies.

3) An investment of 150$ in the modernization of the Netherlands infrastructure

This would be a total investment of 450$ made by Russian capitals. We hope this will help the Netherlands to develop properly and also give us a small profit. Russia also hopes that this will bring our nations closer, and if possible, to cooperate in a near future. Some things we ask, to make this investment comes true. First we would like all our overseas trade be conducted by your trading ships, since the Netherlands is a neutral country in this conflict we doubt such ships will be targets by the German fleet, if they have any honour left. Second we would like the Netherlands to make Russian goods top priority over other nations importations, our economy needs to grow also. As a final note, in case of any harm been made to Russia's investments in the Netherlands we expect your government to take care of any problem. Not that we expect something to happen, just making things clear to avoid any problem in the future. We shall began our trade and investment by January 1915.

If the Netherlands agrees with all of this, we invite them to write down a treaty so we can make this official. We will hear any opinions in the matter

The Kingdom of Spain is pleased to see that many nations have, like Ourselves, decided to invest resources into the expansion of their industrial base, since a solid industry is essential to any modern Power. Likewise, the acceleration of trade will have the same benefit for the interested parties. We expect that all belligerent parts act honorably and respect the rights of the neutral vessels, specially the right of transit.

In the middle of these troubled times, we approach to our immediate neighbors, the French and Portuguese Republics in hope of maintaining amiable relationships and avoiding any sort of unnecessary conflict. In light of this spirit, we would like to discuss the possibility of trade agreements to reduce the tariffs between our states and similar measures to facilitate trade.

E. Dater e Iradier, President of the Council of Ministers of Spain

OOC: Strange, I didn't notice the lack of colonies... By the period Spain had the northern part of Morocco and that chunk of Sahara between Morocco and Mauritania...

The Greek Government should like to inquire as to the possibility of a similar Russian investment in our nation?​

ru.gif

The Russian Empire is a little bit concerned about the Kingdom of Greece policy towards the Central Powers, past statements shown that Greece showed no much sympathy towards Belgium being invaded by the German Empire.

We of course would like to make heavy investment in Greece, not just for the sake of making business, but also because we share the same Orthodox religion and Russia has been in the past a protector of Greece while it was fighting their independence war against the Ottoman Empire.

If Greece can convince us that they won't take a pro-German attitude or join any member of the Triple Alliance in the conflict we will happily invest in the Greek nation.

01_nemska_zastava.jpg

It is highly laughable to hear the Russians talking as though we would target neutral shipping. We have already warned the Dutch, and through them Spain and Sweden, about German U-boats within the path of their shipping lines. Germany seems to be the more honorable one, as though we declared war on Belgium, we did not force an already neutral-declared nation, through the threat of war, to abandon a mutually benefital treaty, much as Russia's barbaric and uncivilized allies in Japan have done. How would you have reacted then Tsar? When your allies invaded the Netherlands? It is not likely to happen now with the Dutch rightfuly sibmitting to the Japanese ultimatum, but what would you have done when your own allies disregard the rights of neutral nations?

As for Greece, I ask my brother-in-law King Constantin I to not even think of asking the barborous Russians for economic aid. Germany can provide you with the assistance you need, as a truely western and civilized nation can, unlike the backwards serfs of Russia. Germany will also not even ask Greece to adopt a pro-Etente stance as the Russians have asked for. Choose your own side or don't, we will not force you like the Russians and their allies seem intent on doing.

-Kaiser Wilhelm I

The Greek Government is heavily insulted by the Russian words. Your suggestions are unfounded and we ask that you withdraw them immediately.​

The Kingdom of Spain is pleased to see that many nations have, like Ourselves, decided to invest resources into the expansion of their industrial base, since a solid industry is essential to any modern Power. Likewise, the acceleration of trade will have the same benefit for the interested parties. We expect that all belligerent parts act honorably and respect the rights of the neutral vessels, specially the right of transit.

In the middle of these troubled times, we approach to our immediate neighbors, the French and Portuguese Republics in hope of maintaining amiable relationships and avoiding any sort of unnecessary conflict. In light of this spirit, we would like to discuss the possibility of trade agreements to reduce the tariffs between our states and similar measures to facilitate trade.

E. Dater e Iradier, President of the Council of Ministers of Spain

OOC: Strange, I didn't notice the lack of colonies... By the period Spain had the northern part of Morocco and that chunk of Sahara between Morocco and Mauritania...

The Portuguese Republic is keen on developing cordial relations with our Iberian brothers. Our first priority would be to connect the Portuguese and the Spanish transport and communication networks.

OOC: And a small holding in Gulf of Guinea I can't remember the name.