• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Red Cesar

Colonel
7 Badges
Dec 29, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
wir1914.png

Hello! Welcome to World in Revolution: 1914! This game is the brainchild of both myself, Red Cesar and my Co-Game Moderator, Frymonmon. Together we now present this brand new forum game for your enjoyment. Although it MAY seem complicated at first, it is actually quite simple. You, the player, have very few things to worry about. The real work is done behind the scenes.​

Nation Registration is: OPEN/CLOSED

The basic idea of this game is that it's August 1st 1914. All of the starting major combatants have joined the war, Germany has invaded Belgium, and the United Kingdom is three days away from declaring war on Germany. It is now your duty to choose the mantel of ANY nation existing in 1914, as this will NOT be a Great War centric game, it is merely the starting point. You are to simulate your country as it's Head of Government. You may pass laws, direct your military, pass reforms, and guide your nation through the turbulent Modern Age. However, as any good leader - you must keep the consent of the governed in mind, otherwise you might face a Revolution on your hands, be it by the people or the army.

Rules & Procedures

The rules are fairly simple. As the leader of your nation, you send the orders you wish to do to me, Red Cesar. The orders you choose are basically unlimited, your only restraints are the time period and your imagination. This means, if you want to hatch a crazy plan of trapping African Gorillas and letting them loose in Washington, D.C. well. Go ahead. If you want to build a nuclear reactor in 1920, it's not going to happen. Keep in mind, you can trade with other nations, create secret treaties, wage war and all of that.

Each turn will constitute six months. Two turns will complete a year of gameplay. We start off in August 1914, giving us one turns before 1915 rolls around. Now, of course, this is to simulate the faster pace things went at the start of the Modern Era. As the years progress, and things seem to get faster, the rules shall be changed, other wise it remains as it is right now.

Now, your main goal in this entire game? Guide your nation through the start of the Modern Era. This means building industry, infrastructure, Waging War for your nation, Diplomacy, Keeping your Government Stable. You can pretty much shape your nation anyway you want to be, provided you have the support. World in Revolution takes into account for your population. Although you can ignore these movements and even suppress them, you should keep them in mind. This is to make sure the game is kept to a degree of realism. This will not be an absolute strict restraint on your nation, but it will be an underlying factor. World in Revolution is built on the underlying factors, which the GMs take care of, don't worry. At any time you can ask the GM the "Mood of your nation", and you can request a run down from me.

Orders

A Nation shall submit their orders to me via Private Message. In the title of this message it MUST have your countries name and the date, as well as the months this order is for. For example, for the United Kingdom in the second half of 1915 it would read "WiR - Untied Kingdom July-December 1915"

The orders are fairly simple. Every nation is allowed to send me 4 orders of any kind encompassing anything. However, there is a twist. If your nation is at war, you get supplemental "War Orders". You must clarify that your orders are War Orders and every nation is entitled to 4 of them. This way, a nation can submit a maximum of 8 orders if they are at war, 4 normal and 4 war orders.

Updates

There are three types of updates. A Normal Update is a 6-month time period of the year we are in. This is the largest update and most of the action takes place here. Wars, Diplomacy, Nation Building ect. The next type of update is a War Update. A War Update is only used to highlight a specific battle or a surprise attack by another nation. These will normally happen if there is a large war going on, and I feel the need to release the opening shots of the battle, and have the rest play out in the Normal Update. The last kind of updates are the Mini-Updates. These simply serve to move along the In Character discussion with various tidbits and facts that effect gameplay and what not.

Guide to your Country's Stats

Now, each nation shall receive their current situation stats at the start of each year to give them an idea of what's happening.. These are always public. There is nothing revealing about them, just general information. Here's a rundown of the German Empire.

The German Empire
Bank: +7000
Income: +3500
Trade Balance: +350
Stability: 9
Industry: 510
Home Infrastructure: 16
Colonial Infrastructure: 0
Army
Regulars: 500,000
Conscripts: 0
Navy
Large Ships: 26
Small Ships: 45
Air Force
Bombers: N/A
Fighters: 0
At War With: The Russian Empire, The Republic of France, The Kingdom of Belgium, The Kingdom of Serbia
Played by: Kaiser Wilhelm II

Country Stats Explanation

National Bank - This is exactly what it says it is. It is how much money you have resting in your national bank. Money is used for basically everything. You need money to wage war, create infrastructure, and foster industrial growth. You may go into debt, but there is a point where it starts to become a major damper on your economy, and if left unchecked could spiral out of control. There are little "reoccurring" expenses, but they would only be the result of an order. They are covered in point three.

Income - This is how much money is added to your National Bank after each turn. This constitutes how much money you make in taxes, revenues, and tariffs. Your money supply naturally raises over the years, slightly, as your population grows. You may raise taxes, tariffs, and other ways to get revenue as you wish, keep in mind the population though. You may lower you income by supporting an Army and a Navy, or other orders. Construction of infrastructure and industry comes out of your National Bank.

Trade Balance - This is nothing more than a modifier. Your goal is to import and export goods with other nations (Player or NPC), to maintain a positive trade balance. It will speed up the process in gaining resources, increasing growth faster. If you have a negative trade balance, you are either vastly importing goods or exporting goods-or not trading at all. A negative trade balance will cause construction of things to slow down.

Stability - Fairly simple. This is the stability of your government. It runs on a scale of 0 - 10. A 0 means your nation is almost guaranteed a revolution, while 10 means you are a solid, well put together nation. Stability may increase or decrease, it is influenced by your population's support, as well as how good you manage your nation. It is always good to get the populations support.

Industry - This is the industrial output of your nation. The higher the score, the better you are able manufacture goods and the high your income is. It is simple as that. A nation's industry will grow naturally, slowly, but you may make an order expanding it.

Infrastructure - This is a measure of your nation's railroads, telegraph lines, roads, public works, government buildings, bureaucracy, ect. This is directly reflective of how fast you can do things. Your orders will have a better chance of succeeding with a higher infrastructure. Unlike the other categories, this does NOT grow naturally and it must be increased by player action. However, you may be specific or vague in your order. (Build Infrastructure or Build Telegraph line from City A to City B. Both are fine.)

Army - Size of your nation's armed forces. They are divided into two categories. Regulars and Conscripts. Regulars are the highly trained, but slow moving and take a fair amount of time to create. Conscripts are simply volunteers or draftees. These should only be used in times of war, and can be raised very quickly, are cheap, but serve for a limited amount of time. They are also inexperienced fighters.

Navy - Your nation's navy. This is divided into Large Ships and Small Ships. They are reflective of the time, so if its 1870, a large ship will be an ironclad and a small ship would be a frigate or a commerce raider. They are essential to establish a Merchant Marine, can be used in blockades and naval warfare.

Air Force - Size of your nations Air Force. Divided into bombers and fighters. They are reflective of the time, so your Air Force's will start out generally weak. They will be of the utmost importance as the years progress.

Last edited:
The United Kingdom
Bank: +15000
Income: +7000
Trade Balance: +8000
Stability: 10
Industry: 550
Home Infrastructure: 18
Colonial Infrastructure: 9
Army
Regulars: 400,000
Conscripts: 150,000
Army Level: 8
Navy
Navy Level: 12
Air Force
Fighters: 1
Air Force Level: 1
At War With: None
Played by: King George V (Spitfire5793)

The German Empire
Income: +3500
Trade Balance: +350
Industry: 510
Home Infrastructure: 16
Colonial Infrastructure: 0
Army
Regulars: 500,000
Army Level: 10
Navy
Navy Level: 8
Air Force
Air Force Level: 0
At War With: The Russian Empire, The Republic of France, The Kingdom of Belgium, The Kingdom of Serbia
Played by: Kaiser Wilhelm II (King50000)

The Republic of France
Bank: +4000
Income: +2500
Trade Balance: +550
Industry: 485
Home Infrastructure: 15
Colonial Infrastructure: 5
Army
Regulars: 400,000
Conscripts: 50,000
Army Level: 9
Navy
Large Ships: 18
Small Ships: 65
Air Force
At War With: The German Empire, The Austro-Hungarian Empire
Played by: President Raymond Poincaré (Syber)

The Austro-Hungarian Empire
Bank: +100
Income: +1900
Trade Balance: +150
Stability: 6
Industry: 350
Home Infrastructure: 13
Colonial Infrastructure: No Colonies
Army
Regulars: 350,000
Army Level: 7
Navy
Large Ships: 7
Small Ships: 42
Navy Level: 7
Air Force
Played by: Kaiser Franz Joseph I (Frymonmon)

The United States of America
Bank: +30000
Income: +6500
Trade Balance: +1000
Industry: 625
Home Infrastructure: 18
Army
Regulars: 50,000
Conscripts: 100,000
Navy
Large Ships: 23
Small Ships: 65
Navy Level: 9
Air Force
Played by: President Woodrow Wilson (Shynka)

The Russian Empire
Income: +2000
Trade Balance: +275
Stability: 8
Industry: 330
Home Infrastructure: 9
Army
Regulars: 20,000
Conscripts: 450,000
Army Level: 6
Navy
Large Ships: 3
Small Ships: 31
Navy Level: 6
Air Force
At War With: The German Empire, The Austro-Hungarian Empire
Played by: Tsar Nicholas II (Congo)

The Kingdom of Sweden
Bank: +1000
Income: +750
Trade Balance: +75
Industry: 250
Home Infrastructure: 10
Army
Regulars: 30,000
Conscripts: 10,000
Navy
Large Ships: 5
Small Ships: 25
Air Force
Played by: King Gustaf V (jacob-Lundgren)

The Dominion of Canada
Income: +50
Trade Balance: +100
Industry: 100
Home Infrastructure: 7
Army
Regulars: 50,000
Army Level: 8
Navy
Large Ships: 2
Small Ships: 16
Air Force
Played by: Sir Robert Borden (Warluster)

The Kingdom of Greece
Income: +65
Trade Balance: +100
Industry: 150
Home Infrastructure: 7
Army
Regulars: 35,000
Army Level: 7
Navy
Large Ships: 1
Small Ships: 12
Navy Level: 6
Air Force
Played by: King Constantine I (DoomBunny)

Last edited:
Italy for me!

Gott Erhatte, Franz Den Kaiser.

I shall take the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

I was going to wait but that lowers my chances to figure out what I am doing earlier and to talk strategy/get advice.

IN as da Swedes.

Anyone wanting to send me a brief advice PM for how the last few similar games went it is appreciated. I have kinda followed the threads but not closely and not early on.

Greece for me please!

Japan if you don't mind.

All accepted.

Both accepted.

Taking offers to potentially join the war! :D

Daddy needs him a new Nordic empire!

Russia holds Sweden's Finland, and guess who just happens to be at war with them ;)
The thought had already crossed my mind, as well as the ease of adding Denmark in a package deal.:ninja:

500px-Flag_of_Austria-Hungary_1869-1918.svg.png

Austro-Hungarian Empire

The Austro-Hungarian Empire is disturbed at the ferocity at which this war has started, and the nations that are currently being drawn into this conflict. We urge all the combative nations to step aside and let us deal with the problems we are facing. Our Archduke has been assassinated by the Serbians, who must be punished their their reckless actions against our nation. When Gavrilo Princip took the lives of Franz Ferdinand and his wife, those were the opening shots of a declaration of war against us. We are only defending the integrity of our home, and our monarchy.