• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Really feelling that a Bulgaria or Romania wouldn't go amiss if anyone wants those. I think the other main players in the war are taken?

Note: I don't think Canada has an independent foreign policy, just so you know.

fr.gif
The war mongering Germans and Austrians are dead-set on subjugating yet another European nation under ridicule pretext. France will not allow that. Serbia will remain free!
And if the Germans wish to bring the battle to our sacred soil then this will be their grave. The whole of France will rise and be their defended by their sons in L'union sacrée that will not bend or break in the face of any enemy. To arms, Citoyens! Mobilize against German Aggression!

His Royal Higness, Alfonso XIII of Spain states that Our nation shall remain neutral during this nascent European War.
We expect our fellow Nations to maintain normal relations and trade with Us as long as this conflict continues

OOC: Basically a color test, is everyone Ok with the shade of yellow?

OOC: Well, most of the majors have been taken. I am also fine to be working with/on behalf of the glorious British Empire...

His Royal Higness, Alfonso XIII of Spain states that Our nation shall remain neutral during this nascent European War.
We expect our fellow Nations to maintain normal relations and trade with Us as long as this conflict continues

OOC: Basically a color test, is everyone Ok with the shade of yellow?

OOC: Yeah the colour's decent enough.

nl.gif

The Kingdom of the Netherlands would like to remind the belligerent nations of the opportunity for arbitration in the Hague pursuant to Section I of the Hague Conventions (1899 & 1907) before embarking upon a war that will only shed unnecessary blood. The Kingdom of the Netherlands seeks to continue trade with interested parties, both in Europe and abroad, which is protected by the Hague Convention (1907).

May Peace reign in Europe!

Pieter Wilhelm Adriaan Cort van der Linden, Prime Minister of the Netherlands

OOC: @Shock3r: We don't have a Romania yet, so I don't see why you couldn't be them.
@Kodamann: So far we have Russia, Germany, Austria-Hungary, Britain, Greece, Italy, Sweden, China, Canada, the Netherlands, Spain, Japan, the Ottomans, and the US with players, so anyone else is free.

Considering the current state of affairs, the Kingdom of Spain would like to discuss the possibility of signing trade agreements with both the Kingdom of the Netherlands and the Kingdom of Sweden, who have shown a similar commitment to maintaining normal relations between the neutral countries

OOC: Cripes, y'all move fast. Right, here's a five-sec map to show what's been claimed that I made for my own convenience, since others were asking as well. I can do a proper job of coloring in the colonies/non-contiguous territories and add a key later if the GMs like. If it's also OK, may I take Bulgaria, if we're not full up?

BoPMap-temp1.png

EDIT: Country request changed.

Last edited:
OOC: Yeah Japan owns more than that :p For exact starting positions this > http://geacron.com/home-en/?lang=en...&nd=-1&d=&di=844&tm=p&ly=yy&sid=GeaCron777572 seems pretty good if you need a map to use.

I'm not sure where we are with the 'player limit' at the moment.

View attachment 49348
We are dismayed by the eagerness for war shown by the Central Powers. We offer them the following ultimatum in order to preserve peace and lives in the Pacific:

We consider it highly important and necessary in the present situation to take measures to remove the causes of all disturbance of peace in the Far East, and to safeguard general interests as contemplated in the Agreement of Alliance between Japan and Great Britain.

In order to secure firm and enduring peace in Eastern Asia, the establishment of which is the aim of the said Agreement, the Imperial Japanese Government sincerely believes it to be its duty to give advice to the Imperial German Government to carry out the following three propositions:

(1) Withdraw immediately from Japanese and Chinese waters the German men-o'-war and armed vessels of all kinds, and to disarm at once those which cannot be withdrawn.

(2) To deliver on a date not later than September 15th, to the Imperial Japanese authorities, without condition or compensation, the entire leased territory of Kiao-chau, with a view to the eventual restoration of the same to China.

(3) To deliver on a date not later than September 15th, to the Imperial Japanese authorities, without condition or compensation, the entire colonial possessions of German New Guinea and German Samoa.

The Imperial Japanese Government announces at the same time that in the event of its not receiving, by noon on August 20th (say 24 hours) , an answer from the Imperial German Government signifying unconditional acceptance of the above advice offered by the Imperial Japanese Government, Japan will be compelled to take such action as it may deem necessary to meet the situation.

Last edited:
OOC: Considering that I am crappy Italy I am torn if I should go batshit crazy and unhistorical or the more historical route...

OOC: Considering that I am crappy Italy I am torn if I should go batshit crazy and unhistorical or the more historical route...
OOC: I would say the first turn everyone should be as historical as possible. And then everyone goes nuts, rolls the dice and attacks a random country. :laugh:

OOC: Yeah Japan owns more than that :p For exact starting positions this > http://geacron.com/home-en/?lang=en...&nd=-1&d=&di=844&tm=p&ly=yy&sid=GeaCron777572 seems pretty good if you need a map to use.

I'm not sure where we are with the 'player limit' at the moment.

OOC: Just be glad I gave you Kyushu. :p That's actually a really cute map. A little simplified, but very useful, especially for the little dots all over the Pacific and Caribbean. I also need to rework the borders for the Warlords period in China, too; by 1914, de facto, Mongolia and Tibet are no longer answerable to the government in Beijing, which has its own issues closer to home. At least the National Protection War isn't until 1915, so I don't need to track that as well yet.

As for Italy, you can go either way or stick neutral, no "insanity" about it. You've got treaties with both sides, and if you tell the Entente to bugger off, what are they going to say? "Oh, but Italy signed this secret treaty with us that says they're going to attack Austria-Hungary and Germany. They're reprehensible and vile sorts who would break their word, and no one should trust them. Well, of course, we didn't talk about it before; it was a secret."

OOC: Just be glad I gave you Kyushu. :p That's actually a really cute map. A little simplified, but very useful, especially for the little dots all over the Pacific and Caribbean. I also need to rework the borders for the Warlords period in China, too; by 1914, de facto, Mongolia and Tibet are no longer answerable to the government in Beijing, which has its own issues closer to home. At least the National Protection War isn't until 1915, so I don't need to track that as well yet.

OOC: Yeah I noticed the Tibet/Mongolia thing. I went to 1940 and that map never actually separates China :S It'll be redundant after turn 1 anyway :p

Suirantes, your people want Italian lands back. If you don't want revolts, do whatever satisfies that.

OOC: He could always do a deal with the Austrians to get back Tirol. And if Austria and Germany are doing badly you may well be able to get other lands off them In exchange for helping out in the War