+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Apparatus Belli" — Saturdays, 16:30 CET

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

"Apparatus Belli" — Saturdays, 16:30 CET

This is more or less of a continuation of my Newbie Colosseum, however it's not one anymore. All players are welcome to join.
    The name translates roughly to war engine, or war machine, i kinda went out of ideas till i got this :P

Some info for the game first:

Starting date: Saturday, 10 March (Next week).
    Session length: 4 hours
    Gamemaster: Me
    Host: Me, unless we're in 20 and a super host is required
    Options: All normal except lucky nations on none and spread of sea provinces on 75, land provinces on 100.
    Out of game communication: Kommando's chat, or if people request it a voice chat could be used.

Rules:

Absences:

-Unwarned absences are not seen well. If you miss the first session without notification your country may be taken by another player. If you miss a session that is not the first one, your country gets AIed or subbed if you get lucky. If you don't let us know about you before the second session of absence your country will be considered free.

-It is the responsibility of the player to actively find a sub for his country, if the country gets AIed, it's his fault. The GM will however write an announcement on the thread to find subs.

-A country that is AIed for a session and isn't free is considered protected. That means that all players should peace out with it ASAP if at war with it.

-If a player rage quits during a war any peace under 100 warscore can be applied. After that, either a new perm will be searched for or it will get partitioned.

Rehost:

-Each player has the right to 2 rehosts per session. If there are technical issues there won't be a rehost until these might be fixed, this means no consecutive rehosts for a single player. In case a player doesn't show up during a rehost because he's AFK (or for any other reason) he will have to wait 30 minutes, unless a rehost for another player is needed.

-When rehosting the checksum must be BJLT, so you'll need to quit and restart the game as quickly as possible in case it's AJLT or others.

General Rules:

-War Taxes are permitted.

-Agreements between players, private or public, will not be enforced. However, agreements that form part of a peace deal will be.

-If you feel you have been seriously mistreated by another player, contact the GM discreetly.

-Do not wreck your nation. No mass-releasing of vassals out of spite, and no refusing to peace for no reason other than pettiness.

-You can only declare war on a player's vassal if you are already at war with that player, or you have a specific casus belli (like Reconquest, general CBs like Holy war or Cleansing of Heresy aren't allowed.)

Peace Rules:

-A peace term can never be over 100% Warscore for a single member of the losing alliance, and the release of provinces counts as double the Warscore. This is to prevent games where one single nation or alliance can bully everybody.

-Annexing players is possible, however the defeated player needs to own only one province.

-Alliance leaders may not sign peace without the explicit consent of all members of their alliance. Minor members of the war may peace out separately, but still the other alliance must agree on that. In case the warleader wants to surrender but a minor doesn't, he can request to be edited as warleader.

-When asked for, the attacker must state his goals, and if the player surrenders to those terms the winner(s) must stop any further action until peace has been reached, that means retreat from battles and stop sieging. It's not possible to revoke the surrender. However, it's also not possible to change demands once the defeated alliance has surrendered.

-Selling provinces (for ducats or not) can ONLY be part of a peace deal if the province is an underdeveloped colony

Gaming the System:

Generally all exploits are forbidden, here's a list of the common ones:

-Releasing and reconquering vassals on which you have a core in order to burn infamy, however it is possible to diplo-annex them 10 years later. Also, if you want to reduce in size a released nation to keep it as a vassal you can take up to 4 provinces from them, as long as you vassalize them in the same war or later(4 infamy)

-Selling or donating manufactories, CoTs or missionaries to other players.

-Selling provinces to another player for the sole purpose of said province being removed from the Empire and then returned.

-Selling provinces when the buyer can't see said province and/or has no discovered path to access it.

-Pausing for multi-dowing

Keep in mind that this is just a list of examples, it does NOT mean every other exploit is allowed.

As always, to sign up post a list of five preferences as following. I discourage newbies to take important countries like France or Austria.

Here is mine:

Austria
    Novgorod
    France
    England
    Denmark

Player list:

Lama43: Austria
    Histaxin: England
    Iceni: Ottomans
    Novgorod: Luminary
    Sickness: Milan
    Sorgenkind: Castille
    Kapt Torbjorn: France
    phantomdentist: Holland
    Troxbox: Brandenburg
    Alfonso V: Portugal
    nitman: Japan
    Ivnivnius: Oman
    BritishRage: Venice
    Lealo: Lorraine

Total players: 14

Stats and maps:

1st session

Last edited by Lama43; 11-03-2012 at 17:27.

Im in.

England
    Spain
    Muscowy/Novgorod
    Venice
    Portugal

Europa Universalis: Chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Lama43 View Post
    Releasing and reconquering vassals on which you have a core in order to burn infamy, however it is possible to diplo-annex them 10 years later.
    What precisely is the correct way to fix a vassals size? lets say France wants guyenne as a vassal, releases guyenne, conquers x areas to make it a OPM/TPM -> goal accomplished, burned some infamy in the process. -> how do you actually do this maneuver? This is fairly important for France, Russia, OE, Austria, Poland atleast but also nations going to india & china is affected. I sincerely see the problem in burning the infamy, what do you do instead?
    Former Games : Revenge of The Habsburgs, Primus Inter Pares II+III, Ex Castris Virtute II, Testing Grounds, Nemesis, Sound of Drums, In Absentia, Fruit I+II, End of Days, Imperium Malleus, Novus Aevum, Vespere Jovis, Pecunia Infinita, Cabal is for Winners, Vacca Polska & Victis Honor.

I'm in too

Ottomans
    Spain
    Portugal
    Netherlands
    England
    MSN: FlyingKebab@hotmail.com
    --------
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Dic hospes Spartae nos te hic vidisse iacentes,
    dum sanctis patriae legibus obsequimur.

Muscovy
    England

^ These are my top two, I don't really want any other, but if you have to have 5, then:

Milan
    France
    Poland
    Too cool for a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    What precisely is the correct way to fix a vassals size? lets say France wants guyenne as a vassal, releases guyenne, conquers x areas to make it a OPM/TPM -> goal accomplished, burned some infamy in the process. -> how do you actually do this maneuver? This is fairly important for France, Russia, OE, Austria, Poland atleast but also nations going to india & china is affected. I sincerely see the problem in burning the infamy, what do you do instead?
    I usually use rebels for that, although yes i understand your point. If you re-vassalize the nation you released, the infamy result is pretty much the same, you actually get more in case it's a 3PM or less. I'll correct the rule for these needs.

Quote Originally Posted by jpvg View Post
    How about just moving the national focus and removing the vassal's cores?
    Too cool for a signature.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ottoman
    Austria
    Milan
    Burgundy
    Muscoy/Novgorod
    Poland

I'll play aswell

England
    Spain
    Ottoman
    Holland (if no Burgundy)
    Hansa

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

France
    Burgundy
    Venice
    Hansa
    Bohemia

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    SengokuVictoria 2

Boy, would I like to join, but sadly no time.

Private
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Castille
    Ottomans
    England
    Milan
    Poland

holland
    portugal
    venice
    hansa
    milan

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's Ambition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Im up for this game!

England
    Muscowy
    Spain
    OE
    France
    Last edited by Alfonso V; 05-03-2012 at 14:33.
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    Current MP Games: none
    -----------------------------------------
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986598071/

A bear there was, a bear! Kapt Torbjorn's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Denmark
    Brandenburg
    Switzerland
    Milan
    Malacca
    Showcased AAR 4/17/2010, Lord Strange's Cookie of British Awesomeness , Favourite EU3 History Book AAR Q2 2010, Favourite EU3 Narrative AAR Q3 2010

God, and death, ruler of lords Troxbox's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

France
    Brandenburg/TO
    Moscowy
    Sweden
    Hansa
    A God amongst men, a legend amongst women.

Always Commando

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty II Collection

Im op to it

Brandenburg
    Manchu
    Minimarto
    Spain
    Poland

First Lieutenant

im the guy who wrecked poland at newbie coloseum, dont worry im better now, kinda O:

bohemia
    austria
    milan
    ottomans
    sweden

Teutonic Order
    Poland
    Ming
    Sweden
    Novgorod

Preliminary list:

Lama43: Austria
    Histaxin: England
    Iceni: Ottomans
    Tornadoli: Muscovy (i suggest you to take Novgorod though)
    Sickness: Milan
    Sorgenkind: Castille
    Lamertu: France
    JO3MACC: Poland
    phantomdentist: Holland
    Kapt Torbjorn: Denmark
    Troxbox: Brandenburg
    Jpuldk: Manchu (i suggest you to take another European country like Portugal, Hansa etc.

Total number of players: 12

Countries still available in Europe: Portugal, Hansa, Venice

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast