• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dskod1

Field Marshal
137 Badges
Apr 14, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • VtM - Bloodlines 2 Blood Moon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
okay so I have noticed alot of posts like, ohh a game like dungeon keeper, or, this looks like dwarf fortress. I have also noticed topics devolving into discussions about if the game will be like either. So That is how I base the fact that this thread is relevant in this game section.

So which do you hope the game will be like, DK, DF, OR NEITHER(a game of its own which people will not draw comparisons)?

What are you pros (for you) about both games and what cons do you concede?

Would you like to see a merge of both DF and DK?

Considering the sheer depth of Dwarf Fortress. I really don't think that this will come anywhere near that. The way the game looks to be played out is that the mechanics are more in line with Dungeon Keeper, or Evil Genius. As PlasmaDavid said though. It will be its own game, and hopefully I will find it a good time watching my dwarves try to manage the perils of underground life.

I'm hoping for something more along the lines of Dungeon keeper than Dwarf fortress. Been waiting a long time for something new there since Evil genius. Not really interested in a DF-lite though so I hope it doesn't get too similar to DF.

I'd really like to see a game as complex and deep as Dwarf Fortress but with the graphics and GUI that they are shooting for in AGod. That would be my ultimate game.

Personally like others have mentioned in other topics, I think they should steer clear of getting too close and chummy about being "like" Dungeon Keeper as it failed for the publishers of Dungeons and isn't likely to do much better for the developers of AGod either. Make it it's own unique game but make it complex as a DF game would be, but with great graphics and GUI, just don't try to make it a DF or a DK wannabe.

Last edited:
Think they might be inspired by individual elements of DF, but DF as a whole is just not something you can copy in a few years, especially when trying to integrate with 3D visuals.

For overall game design, Dungeon Keeper would probably be closer.

Just speculation though, I don't know much about this yet other than what I've seen from screenshots.

Last edited:
Just from trailers and screens already shown I think its quite clear its not Dwarf Fortress in 3D. I think its going to be similar to DK. I'm okay with that since I liked that game.

We NEED a game that is similar to DK. Seriously, this is a series which had nice gameplay and unique flavour, but for some obscure reason was discontinued. I know many people who would love to play DK3.

I have been playing bit DF and most challenging things i have found so far is to try figure out which end of hand pump are which, blugged it in wrong way and had "little" accident in my fortress resulting 8 sub levels to be flooded and luckily only 2 of my 9 dwarfs managed to drown...
but otherwise the game is great, im even amazed how good that game is
so personally i hope that this game will follow quite bit DF and "steal" alot dwarf lore so that after establishing your fortresses "base" functions you can start having all these fun actions going on ETC i think games like DK is fun in its own way BUT they are too noob friendly... but lately i kinda like games with challenges so it was rather funny that i had made kinda nice "base" for my fortress to be established set up some room and mined 3 levels for mushroom farming and had nice waterworks going to be in place and then my engineer didnt read instructions that how to connect waterpump and after trial whole fortress system was useless

First time on the Dwarves game forum. I am a huge fan of Zeal’s game “Team Assault” though and wanted to see what the buzz was over here.
Thought this looked to be about as good as any as a spot to jump in.

I don’t know anything about either of the games that titled this thread and that I see mentioned throughout the forum (which I just spent my lunch hour(s) this week looking over) so I have no expectation of this game being like either. That might be good – that might be bad. Don’t know.

What I do expect out of this game is to see the quality and the “wow, never seen that done like that in a game before” that I see in Team Assault. And if what I’m seeing in the screen pics and reading on the Dev Diaries make it in to the gaming code – I cannot imagine that I will be disappointed here either.

I do enjoy seeing a game going through the process of development until it hits release and am very much looking forward to seeing this game go through that process as well.

Looking for yet another fine Zeal product!

Last edited:
you are all wrong, this will be like Diggles: The Myth Of Fenris :cool:

Indeed. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.

I actually hope it will be more like evil genius. That was a brilliantly funny game, with a good campaign story, one good thing with the campaign was that you only ever needed to build two dungeons. I dont think the game will be as fun and immersive if you like Dungeon, need to start a new dungeon on each and every mission in the campaign, but rather build on your existing one.
I think this game should be able to fit that in nicely as you can build downward adding going deeper for each step in the campaign while keeping your upper levels.

seen it. And yep. So far. Although I have never played dwarf fortress so am not sure