• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know this. Thanks! That's a much more elegant solution than my 'wait for new ruler, wait for revolting Duke, beat Duke, revoke titles' approach.

Yeah the only downside is the cost when you get the option to fabricate, so keep some gold in reserve.

MAN can that get expensive down the road...

I wish Paradox would do away with the income cost model. What is expensive at the beginning of the game is way over priced by mid game. I just spent 400 for a claim. I'd much rather be charged for tasks you have your council is performing as an expensive. It seems more realistic to me

It might be realistic but would also hugely disadvantage smaller countries. I like the current system and although it can be annoying forking out hundreds of gold for something that only cost you 10 a few decades ago, really the its still the same percent of your income so relatively no more expensive.

I also think the income model is silly.

I get punished for improving my economy, really?

I don't think you are ever punished for it. The varying costs will be worked out based on your current income. So while you may not get a benefit from developing, there won't be an actual downside. And since there are plenty of things with fixed costs you are always much better off richer.

When you get a claim that seems incredibly expensive though, it is probably because you're chancellor managed to get a claim on the whole duchy, rather than just a single county.

I wish Paradox would do away with the income cost model. What is expensive at the beginning of the game is way over priced by mid game. I just spent 400 for a claim. I'd much rather be charged for tasks you have your council is performing as an expensive. It seems more realistic to me

Actually, I wish they'd convert the flat-rate items to this model.

When you get a claim that seems incredibly expensive though, it is probably because you're chancellor managed to get a claim on the whole duchy, rather than just a single county.

Nope. Just paid 500+g for a claim on Brugge.

I don't think you are ever punished for it. The varying costs will be worked out based on your current income. So while you may not get a benefit from developing, there won't be an actual downside.

The downside is that I spend a lot of money on improving stuff, but before it can even amortise, some stuff just gets more expensive.

Besides, it's illogical. Costs should rise with reasonable factos, i.e. the cost of the grand tournament should depend on realm size.

Besides, it's illogical.

Not really. Your chancellor has to bribe people, has to fake documents, etc. So when you're rich, he decides that he can spend more money on this. At the end, you want to fabricate a claim, and the persons your chancellor has to bribe will be wanting more money when you're rich. They want their share. So it's absolutely fine.

Not really. Your chancellor has to bribe people, has to fake documents, etc. So when you're rich, he decides that he can spend more money on this. At the end, you want to fabricate a claim, and the persons your chancellor has to bribe will be wanting more money when you're rich. They want their share. So it's absolutely fine.

Stop for a second and think of the real world.

A service or goods does not cost more money because you're rich. Prices are fixed. Even when we're talking about bartering, a rise as seen in this game is frankly stupid. Who'd try to get rich if stuff just gets more expensive?

Stop for a second and think of the real world.

A service or goods does not cost more money because you're rich. Prices are fixed. Even when we're talking about bartering, a rise as seen in this game is frankly stupid. Who'd try to get rich if stuff just gets more expensive?

Is true, but in the game as you are getting richer, so are the provinces you are trying to acquire. I've assumed it was based on your income, but that is just a guess given it is a common Pdox technique. For all I know it might be based on the value of the province in question, which would certainly make sense. Even if it is income, it probably gives a better approximation of the rising value of the provinces you are trying to acquire than a flat cost from 1066 to 1453...

A service or goods does not cost more money because you're rich. Prices are fixed.
In the real world, a highly customized service (which "help me provide 'evidence' that my lord owns this piece of land" surely is) costs what the person providing the service thinks they can get away with charging.

And even in today's "real" world, prices aren't fixed. They might not be negotiable, but they certainly aren't fixed (in the sense of "not subject to change").

Is true, but in the game as you are getting richer, so are the provinces you are trying to acquire. I've assumed it was based on your income, but that is just a guess given it is a common Pdox technique. For all I know it might be based on the value of the province in question, which would certainly make sense. Even if it is income, it probably gives a better approximation of the rising value of the provinces you are trying to acquire than a flat cost from 1066 to 1453...

I am pretty sure it isnt based on prosperity of the province because my two most expensive claims were Brugge and Lübeck, both at the moment very underdeveloped, with 3 or 4 holdings each.

I fabricated claims on Venice and Genoa 100 years ago, and theyre both more prosperous and more developed, yet the claims were muc hcheaper.

I fabricated claims on Venice and Genoa 100 years ago, and theyre both more prosperous and more developed, yet the claims were muc hcheaper.

What they are discussing is that it is based on your economic output, not that of the target.

I think this is good because it doesn't allow you to get an easier time getting claims as you become more powerful. If the current model needs some tweaking or not, that's another matter. But I do agree that forged claims should become harder to get as your economy grows for matters of game balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.