+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 ... LastLast

Thread: New Nations Mod (For AHD)

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by arkhometha View Post
    Rylock, if I may, I'd like to ask you a question:
    In the new patch changelog for AHD, the developers mention they did add "- Added Great Wars and mechanics", so you know how this Great Wars mechanic differ from the Great Wars submod you integrated with your mod?
    The Great Wars mechanic added in 2.31 only makes it so that any war involving more than one GP on each side (following the activation of the system around the 1870's) will be turned into a Great War. This means an automatic "Cut Down to Size" wargoal is added for every country involved and reduces the chance of them white peaceing out early reduces the cost of any added wargoals by 2/3.

The Great Wars submod is misnamed, really-- it was named that before this mechanic was added into vanilla. What it does currently is make it so that once Mass Politics is invented (so sometime after 1900) countries can enter into a state of "total war" whenever two GP's are at war. When that happens, they will call all allies and also seek out enemies of their opponent to ally with and call into the war. They also get a new Dismantle Empire wargoal, which if enforced will dismantle the opponents territory and split up all colonies among the victors. This wargoal is occasionally handed out as a CB to countries that are very hostile to each other.

That's it, in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by ODaly View Post
    How much of "1836 improved" was included in each version? I loved the changes it made and would prefer to just use NNM Basic if it's more than strictly just adding new cores. Perhaps adding some side-by-side comparisons in the OP for the next version would help?

EDIT: Nevermind. Looks like there's no inherent map changes to NNB, correct?
    There are no map changes in the basic NNM version. It only adds new cultures and country cores, as stated in the OP.

A number of things from 1836 Improved are in the full NNM version-- mainly territorial changes which 1836 had made, and a number of fixes. The main things which 1836 did which I didn't add were the changes to Central Asia (which didn't make sense for gameplay) and the additional Indonesian countries (which I already had, though some are different).

That explains a lot, Rylock. Thank you very much for your helpful reply! I'm off to try both versions of your mod now.

Rylock, I downloaded Basic, but the .mod file wasn't there. I searched everywhere, I even downloaded full and looked for it. Could you link a download for JUST the .mod file?

Quote Originally Posted by JMT97 View Post
    Rylock, I downloaded Basic, but the .mod file wasn't there. I searched everywhere, I even downloaded full and looked for it. Could you link a download for JUST the .mod file?
    The .mod files are definitely there-- when you open the .rar, you should see the folder and the .mod file. I'm not sure why you wouldn't, unless there's something wrong with your download.

Is it supposed to be the MPEG?

Is it supposed to be the MPEG?
    It's not an .mpeg file. That's a text file with the .mod extension... which windows will by default think is a video file, but it's not.

Regardless, that is the format that the game reads.

Ah. I see it now. Is it supposed to be inside or outside the NNB folder?

(Forgive my ignorance, this is the 1st time iIve ever modded anything)

Ah. I see it now. Is it supposed to be inside or outside the NNB folder?

(Forgive my ignorance, this is the 1st time iIve ever modded anything)
    Outside. You just unzip the .rar into the mod folder... meaning that the only things inside the mod folder should be the .mod file and the NNB sub-folder.

Mod fails at initializing map part. Clean install. Steam version. Tried multiple times. Any idea what could be causing it and what should I fix?

Edit: Scratch that, It started to work after some weird shaman dancing around.
    No idea what's up with that.
    Last edited by Kannon; 14-06-2012 at 22:05.

I loved your mod, Rylock. I think it really adds to the 1836 scenario! And the new decisions are cool. Decisions always are cool,. Anyway, I think Victoria II AHD have few decisions, it could have more.
    Now, what are your plans for the future of this mod? What do you plan to do next?

Quote Originally Posted by arkhometha View Post
    Now, what are your plans for the future of this mod? What do you plan to do next?
    Not much. Fix bugs and probably incorporate more events from PDM as I do work for that mod (which is my primary focus).

I fixed it and it works now. By the way, North Carolina is misspelled as "North Carolinia."

Is the bug that AI Austria never forms Austria Hungary going to get fixed?

By the way, North Carolina is misspelled as "North Carolinia."
    The mod hasn't changed it. But if it's a vanilla bug I suppose I could fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_username View Post
    Is the bug that AI Austria never forms Austria Hungary going to get fixed?
    NNM doesn't change how Austria-Hungary is formed.

I hate video games HabemusZlatan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

How about the "liberal revolution" modifier that never fires? That is what makes Austria to never get the Ausgleich.
    Here be dragons

Quote Originally Posted by HabemusZlatan View Post
    How about the "liberal revolution" modifier that never fires? That is what makes Austria to never get the Ausgleich.
    Again, NNM doesn't do anything with the Liberal Revolution events. The purpose of NNM isn't to fix vanilla bugs... and in this case I don't think it's even a bug. The "Enact the Dual Monarchy" decision for Austria doesn't have anything to do with the liberal revolution. Generally speaking it requires Germany to exist or Austria to be doing really poorly.

So probably the reason one doesn't see Austria-Hungary very often is because a) Austria tends to be very powerful and b) Germany rarely forms.

EDIT: Ah, I see. I used PDM's version of the decision which requires Austria to have had the Liberal Revolution. It would be nice if someone would have simply reported that, as opposed to referring to it as if it had already been reported.

I'll fix it. But probably by moving PDM's Liberal Revolution events over.
    Last edited by Rylock; 16-06-2012 at 04:29.

10+ Years on the Forum Demi Moderator SAS's Avatar
    94 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyEast India Company CollectionFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburg
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossThe Kings Crusade
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event
    Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder WizardWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Ancient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    That the Liberal Revolution been fixed for the current download or is it planned for a future one? I absolutely love this mod adds just the right amount of stuff for me, very well done!
    - March of the Eagles mod: The Gods

- When I speak in Cyan its as a Demi-Moderator. Please review the following links: FAQ / Forum Rules / General Usage

Quote Originally Posted by SAS View Post
    That the Liberal Revolution been fixed for the current download or is it planned for a future one? I absolutely love this mod adds just the right amount of stuff for me, very well done!
    I'll be updating the mod sometime in the next week. The Liberal Revolution (and how it affects Austria) should be a part of that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 36 ... LastLast