Thread: how long do turns take now?

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

how long do turns take now?

Self explanatory.

Basically: I'm thinking of buying this game but I want to know how long people are waiting for turns to process in the most recent patch.

Austria, 1873: waiting time per turn 2-4minutes depending on war between France / Prussia...
    On startup 1850: 1-2minutes

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Very few progress has been made on this point ... Waiting time between turns is still at least 1-2 minutes and can get up to 4-5 depending on wars going on and sytems.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Oh well, guess I'll come back in a couple of months.

Dont expect that to help much. The recent patch helped quite a bit, but real progress on this matter cant be made without rewriting the game engine. And this will definitely not happen, at least not in a patch

PS: at least I understood the devs that way.
    PPS: somewhere around here is a little tweak that is said to speed up turn times a little, but dont expect this to work wonders

Quote Originally Posted by Boernes View Post
    PPS: somewhere around here is a little tweak that is said to speed up turn times a little, but dont expect this to work wonders
    Link

Basically it works for other Ageod games as well.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company Collection
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Rome Gold
    Sword of the Stars IIRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations500k club

i like this game a lot, but sometimes waiting for 1 turn to pass, make me fall asleep in front of my computer

i hope there's a patch 1.03 coming soon to speed 1 turn to become 1-2 minutes only

Not a chance I am afraid...

A patch 1.3 might happen sometime in the future but don't expect it to improve significantly the time between turns. From what I understood from the devs there is now very little room for that with the current engine. But don't misunderstand me ... I would still enjoy a good 1.3 patch, as therer are still lots of other things to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBanker View Post
    Not a chance I am afraid...

A patch 1.3 might happen sometime in the future but don't expect it to improve significantly the time between turns. From what I understood from the devs there is now very little room for that with the current engine. But don't misunderstand me ... I would still enjoy a good 1.3 patch, as therer are still lots of other things to improve.
    Agree.
    My guess is that once Lodilefty (Ageod's latest wonder ) starts with PoN there will be another patch fixing some further issues, hopefully the economy and diplomacy issues first.

Don't wait for another AGE-engine update though, it won't come (and most certainly not for PoN1).

Who is Lodilefty ? A new programmer they hired ? If so this is a very good news (that they are hiring) because that would mean they are are in sufficiently good financial shape which means possible developments in the future .

Quote Originally Posted by HappyBanker View Post
    Who is Lodilefty ? A new programmer they hired ? If so this is a very good news (that they are hiring) because that would mean they are are in sufficiently good financial shape which means possible developments in the future .
    You might take a look over at Ageod's forum : link

Lodilefty is currently Ageod's (famous) patcher fixing many of their games; I'm quite happy that he's currently working on my good old AACW (sigh).

So I don't think that the two Phils will work on anything related to PoN, at least not before NC2 has been finished.

Good... thanks for the link. Hope he will get his famous hands on PON soon .

The link and the tips helped a lot. I got my turns for UK in the grand campaign, in the early years, between 30 and 45 secs.