Ok, I know this is an old debate, but I am the only one who has fully removed the p..

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

peterhoi3

General
5 Badges
Sep 24, 2009
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
Ok, I know this is an old debate, but I am the only one who has fully removed the partisans from my games?
I simply can´t stand it, I find myself stupid chasing around those units that pop up anywhere. Yes, I know
you can suppress them with police and such, but they keep appearing, so I have edited the necessary
files to remove them. Wouldn´t it be better to make partisan activity hidden by affecting production or
something?. The map could show somehow the rebel activity, with some symbol in the affected
provinces and showing the damage to production or something like that. Then you know you have to
spend units suppressing it, but those units popping and moving all the time made me crazy!

I agree completely! There is nothing more frustrating than watching an entire freaking Army Group move from the border they are protecting to chase down one partisan!!! Never mind the RED ARMY, they are no real threat, but that THREE BRIGADE partisan unit will bring the war effort to its knees!

Rant over! It could be fixed by having each occupied area having a "suppression value." If you have enough units (with suppression ability) to surpass it, you get a bonus. If you have just enough units, no bonus. Not enough units...well, tough luck because all hell should break loose.

It doesn't seem like totalitarion governments have more partisan stopping power than democratic ones.

The actual German plan for the land east of them to the Ural mountains was clear it out and begin repopulating it with Germans. Why is this not an option after you defeat the Soviet Union? What better way to have no partisans then having no one from the former nation present in that area. It would even technically make sense historically to have Einsatzgruppen and Concentration camps, although some people are sensitive to this even though it is just a game.

Because PI wants this game to not get a 18+ mark, nor any connection to the stuff that happened in WW2 which didn't include military.
How would that be 18+? There is no visual violence only units and population numbers. It was extremely relevant militarily regarding occupation. I put historical accuracy #1 over outdated sensitivities. What happened happened and putting it in the game doesn't hurt anybody.

Can you please include a list of the relevant files to be edited? I'm interested in getting rid of this nuisance. Thank you

I think it is, minimum years of nationalism. Edit that to 2.0. It is counter-intuitive, but when I changed that single value the maximum revolt risk in all provinces dropped to 2%. I almost never have partisans spawn now. It is wonderful.

How would that be 18+? There is no visual violence only units and population numbers. It was extremely relevant militarily regarding occupation. I put historical accuracy #1 over outdated sensitivities. What happened happened and putting it in the game doesn't hurt anybody.

Please mind the forum rules and just stop this discussion. It doesn't serve any purpose.

Can you please include a list of the relevant files to be edited? I'm interested in getting rid of this nuisance. Thank you

common\occupation_policies change all the values of local_partisan_support to 0

common\static_modifiers change all the values of local_revolt_risk to 0

This should do it. However this will not prevent the partisans from the resistance cells created by countries being invaded.

Please mind the forum rules and just stop this discussion. It doesn't serve any purpose.
Yes I know I am riding the line for these forum rules and it does serve a purpose (historically enriching the game) but clearly respectful freedom of speech regarding these issues is forbidden due to the propaganda machine that still holds so many people. I will stop discussing this issue, I am just ahead of my time I guess.

Yes I know I am riding the line for these forum rules and it does serve a purpose (historically enriching the game) but clearly respectful freedom of speech regarding these issues is forbidden due to the propaganda machine that still holds so many people. I will stop discussing this issue, I am just ahead of my time I guess.

no your not ahead of your time , i think the very thought of putting camps in the game is disgusting ... This isn't a historic simulation this is a video game , and i don't want the option "genocide" in my video games ...

I don't mind Partisans in my game, I mean they are a pain and you have to deal with them but the problem is how the AI thinks it has to deal with partisan uprisings in an overly weird myopic way at the expense of employing an appropriate economy of force response.

The AI should be taught to only commit 2-3 nearby divisions at most rather than abandoning the front!

I create a police theater full of Gar/MP and some Cav/MP and give it control of all interior regions so I don't need to manage the partisans. It is an easy solution and also frees up a lot of troops if you use the ai.

I will stop discussing this issue

As should everyone else. Let's not see anymore discussion of it in the thread or elsewhere. Paradox has stated before that it is a matter of policy that they will not depict anything of that nature in the game. It just won't happen.

common\occupation_policies change all the values of local_partisan_support to 0

common\static_modifiers change all the values of local_revolt_risk to 0

This should do it. However this will not prevent the partisans from the resistance cells created by countries being invaded.

Man, I've been looking for this forever. Thank you so much. Whack-a-mole is the most annoying part of the game for me.

I will enact these changes but also continue to play with my usual house rule that requires one infantry brigade and one mp brigade on every conquered v.p. province.

My preference would be that partisans were handled abstractly, so that if you didn't have garrisons there would be a bigger drain on your supplies, manpower, and on the resources that you get out of a conquered area. Garrisons would then reduce these partisan penalties.

no your not ahead of your time , i think the very thought of putting camps in the game is disgusting ... This isn't a historic simulation this is a video game , and i don't want the option "genocide" in my video games ...
I can't respond to you because I promised to stop discussing the issue. If you want a response pm me with anything.