+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I know this is an old debate, but I am the only one who has fully removed the p..

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Ok, I know this is an old debate, but I am the only one who has fully removed the p..

Ok, I know this is an old debate, but I am the only one who has fully removed the partisans from my games?
    I simply canīt stand it, I find myself stupid chasing around those units that pop up anywhere. Yes, I know
    you can suppress them with police and such, but they keep appearing, so I have edited the necessary
    files to remove them. Wouldnīt it be better to make partisan activity hidden by affecting production or
    something?. The map could show somehow the rebel activity, with some symbol in the affected
    provinces and showing the damage to production or something like that. Then you know you have to
    spend units suppressing it, but those units popping and moving all the time made me crazy!

As far as I know, they do affect production, resources and supplies aswell. The odd (and by odd I mean common) revolt is just a bonus!

General

I agree completely! There is nothing more frustrating than watching an entire freaking Army Group move from the border they are protecting to chase down one partisan!!! Never mind the RED ARMY, they are no real threat, but that THREE BRIGADE partisan unit will bring the war effort to its knees!

Rant over! It could be fixed by having each occupied area having a "suppression value." If you have enough units (with suppression ability) to surpass it, you get a bonus. If you have just enough units, no bonus. Not enough units...well, tough luck because all hell should break loose.

Cities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

well, in theory that partisan unit could break your whole line of supply, if the allies bombed the infrastructure from the surrounding provinces :P.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourRome GoldSemper Fi
    Rome: Vae Victis

It doesn't seem like totalitarion governments have more partisan stopping power than democratic ones.

The actual German plan for the land east of them to the Ural mountains was clear it out and begin repopulating it with Germans. Why is this not an option after you defeat the Soviet Union? What better way to have no partisans then having no one from the former nation present in that area. It would even technically make sense historically to have Einsatzgruppen and Concentration camps, although some people are sensitive to this even though it is just a game.

Cities in MotionDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Because PI wants this game to not get a 18+ mark, nor any connection to the stuff that happened in WW2 which didn't include military.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of Prussia

Can you please include a list of the relevant files to be edited? I'm interested in getting rid of this nuisance. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Wallienator View Post
    Because PI wants this game to not get a 18+ mark, nor any connection to the stuff that happened in WW2 which didn't include military.
    How would that be 18+? There is no visual violence only units and population numbers. It was extremely relevant militarily regarding occupation. I put historical accuracy #1 over outdated sensitivities. What happened happened and putting it in the game doesn't hurt anybody.

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelblau View Post
    Can you please include a list of the relevant files to be edited? I'm interested in getting rid of this nuisance. Thank you
    I think it is, minimum years of nationalism. Edit that to 2.0. It is counter-intuitive, but when I changed that single value the maximum revolt risk in all provinces dropped to 2%. I almost never have partisans spawn now. It is wonderful.
    "All warfare is based on deception." Sun Tzu, Ping Fa.

Paradoxian Wiki Network:
    HoI 3 | HoI 2 | EU3 | EU2 | Vicky | Vicky 2

On forum hiatus since 2013

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggus Dickus View Post
    How would that be 18+? There is no visual violence only units and population numbers. It was extremely relevant militarily regarding occupation. I put historical accuracy #1 over outdated sensitivities. What happened happened and putting it in the game doesn't hurt anybody.
    Please mind the forum rules and just stop this discussion. It doesn't serve any purpose.

Paradoxian Wiki Network:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelblau View Post
    common\occupation_policies change all the values of local_partisan_support to 0

common\static_modifiers change all the values of local_revolt_risk to 0

This should do it. However this will not prevent the partisans from the resistance cells created by countries being invaded.

Quote Originally Posted by bbasgen View Post
    Please mind the forum rules and just stop this discussion. It doesn't serve any purpose.
    Yes I know I am riding the line for these forum rules and it does serve a purpose (historically enriching the game) but clearly respectful freedom of speech regarding these issues is forbidden due to the propaganda machine that still holds so many people. I will stop discussing this issue, I am just ahead of my time I guess.

Yes I know I am riding the line for these forum rules and it does serve a purpose (historically enriching the game) but clearly respectful freedom of speech regarding these issues is forbidden due to the propaganda machine that still holds so many people. I will stop discussing this issue, I am just ahead of my time I guess.
    no your not ahead of your time , i think the very thought of putting camps in the game is disgusting ... This isn't a historic simulation this is a video game , and i don't want the option "genocide" in my video games ...

Blog Entries
    I will stop discussing this issue
    Thank you.

Paradoxian Wiki Network:

Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi

I don't mind Partisans in my game, I mean they are a pain and you have to deal with them but the problem is how the AI thinks it has to deal with partisan uprisings in an overly weird myopic way at the expense of employing an appropriate economy of force response.

The AI should be taught to only commit 2-3 nearby divisions at most rather than abandoning the front!

I create a police theater full of Gar/MP and some Cav/MP and give it control of all interior regions so I don't need to manage the partisans. It is an easy solution and also frees up a lot of troops if you use the ai.

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I will stop discussing this issue
    As should everyone else. Let's not see anymore discussion of it in the thread or elsewhere. Paradox has stated before that it is a matter of policy that they will not depict anything of that nature in the game. It just won't happen.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Quote Originally Posted by peterhoi3 View Post
    common\occupation_policies change all the values of local_partisan_support to 0

common\static_modifiers change all the values of local_revolt_risk to 0

This should do it. However this will not prevent the partisans from the resistance cells created by countries being invaded.
    Man, I've been looking for this forever. Thank you so much. Whack-a-mole is the most annoying part of the game for me.

I will enact these changes but also continue to play with my usual house rule that requires one infantry brigade and one mp brigade on every conquered v.p. province.

My preference would be that partisans were handled abstractly, so that if you didn't have garrisons there would be a bigger drain on your supplies, manpower, and on the resources that you get out of a conquered area. Garrisons would then reduce these partisan penalties.
    "For we had been raised as Christian children, and so had been taught early the value of forbidden fruit." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by danoh View Post
    Whack-a-mole is the most annoying part of the game for me.
    hahaha I've never heard it called that before but it's very suiting.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwrong View Post
    no your not ahead of your time , i think the very thought of putting camps in the game is disgusting ... This isn't a historic simulation this is a video game , and i don't want the option "genocide" in my video games ...
    I can't respond to you because I promised to stop discussing the issue. If you want a response pm me with anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast