• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PeterPan1977

Captain
5 Badges
Sep 12, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Hi there,
My play style in Vanila is highly aggressive, almost constant war right from the beginning.
With AHD, I find that I cannot use up all the Diplo point generated by warring multiple countries simultaneously.
Playing as France, I can pretty much ignore the infamy by going after the UK as early as possible.
Any advice?

Hi there,
My play style in Vanila is highly aggressive, almost constant war right from the beginning.
With AHD, I find that I cannot use up all the Diplo point generated by warring multiple countries simultaneously.
Playing as France, I can pretty much ignore the infamy by going after the UK as early as possible.
Any advice?

Warring multiple countries gives you a higher DP gain rate?

I believe he's saying "I cannot use all the diplo points I have accrued--by warring multiple nations at a time. I think he's talking more about not being able to justify multiple countries.

I believe he's saying "I cannot use all the diplo points I have accrued--by warring multiple nations at a time. I think he's talking more about not being able to justify multiple countries.

Good. WC is entirely unrealistic, and this system compensates for incompetent military leaders in all the other countries.

Yes, that's what I mean, sorry for my bad English...

On a related note, can those random "acquire place under the sun" or "acquire state" CBs still be triggered if I spend my DP reducing relationship with my neighbour in AHD?

and YES. You can use your diplomatic points simultaneously with different countries, as you have ambassadors sent to each. You can decrease relations with, for example, Two Sicilies while still increasing relations with France.

Yes, that's what I mean, sorry for my bad English...

On a related note, can those random "acquire place under the sun" or "acquire state" CBs still be triggered if I spend my DP reducing relationship with my neighbour in AHD?

Yes, but given that decreasing relations costs 1 DP, while justifying/declaring war cost 2, you'll need to do this with countries you can decrease relations with sufficiently in one go, and even then you only have a chance of getting the CB

no problem Paul. Where are you from? Ich spreche Deutsch auch, wenn Englisch ist ein Problem. ^^

Hello Sturmwaffles, I am from Singapore. Mandarin is my mother tongue. :D

Still going through my first AHD (2.21) game as France, some observations:
1. Really can't spend all my DP generated, it capped at 9, feel really wasted.
2. I had decrease relationship with SP and Switzerland to -100, still no free CB...
3. My Infamy is already > 100 at 1843, cause I bashed the UK down without mercy in a 2 year war from 1838 to 1840. Took South Bengal, North Bengal, Patna, Northeast England, Freetown & British Ulundi from them. Also annexed Algeria, Protectorated Tunis, Atjeh.
4. The culprit is really I can only go to one war at at time only...

5. USA is really OP. They bloody turned all colonies into state, from East Coast to West Coast by 1843. Come on man... The west was barely populated then... Not realistic.

6. The France's -0.1% population decrease is still too much. By my rough estimation, the population in France proper had declined by > 5% in a 7 years span. It should be just slow down in population growth rate, rather than outright decline...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75705911@N04/6800993948/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75705911@N04/6947100627/in/photostream/

There are a couple of factors to consider for constant warfare:
1) Diplo point
2) Time needed to justify war
3) Political party war policy
4) Pop jingoism

Since my play style is highly aggressive, I almost get into constant warfare almost since day 1.
I am now into my 2nd AHD game as Prussia. Greater Germany has been formed in 1843; Half of France is gone; USA Eastern seaboard + Washington, Oregon, Idaho are gone; Half of Mexico is gone; 1/4 of British India is gone; All of Portugal, Spain, Nerland's oversea colonies are gone by 1863. I am now in a 4-ways war with the UK, Ottoman, Two Sicilies & Brazil ( I declared on UK, the rest join in).

I find that pop jingoism is the bottle neck for speedy conclusion of war. Any idea how to speed thing up without modding?
I really hate unspend diplo point.