+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Will this map work?

  1. #1

    Will this map work?

    My previous attempts to make a new map from scratch met with failure. I decided to make a smaller map and it is close to done. I'm going to see if I can get it into the game before I finalize the details.

    My province.bmp includes a few pixels in the top left corner for PTI, which apparently is needed. I think that I have gotten rid of all of the stray pixels of the wrong colors. There are a few strange lake pixels up near Vancouver island, kind of in the ocean. They were in Steppe Wolf (which is where I stole this base map from) but they seem weird and I am concerned that they will cause trouble.

    I grabbed the river map from a thread in the Victoria II modding forum. The original river map worked when I threw it into the Steppe Wolf mod, but I had to trim it to fit my map. Some of the rivers got split by the crop so I added in red or green pixels as appropriate, however I am not sure if rivers beginning or ending at the edge of the map is something that works.

    One of the provinces has an exclave. It is the red province near the top middle of the map. Are exclaves ok?




  2. #2
    Make sure that you add the extra islands in the rivers as well!
    Darkest Hour Helpful Links:
    How to modify the Darkest Hour Technology Tree:

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-the-tech-tree.
    A collection of Blank Graphic files for Darkest Hour.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?645555-Resource-Blank-Gfx-files

    EU4 Mod Links:
    Cheat Mod:

    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...2#post17580322

  3. #3
    Ceteris Paribus Nuril's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,096
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloGoodSir View Post
    My province.bmp includes a few pixels in the top left corner for PTI, which apparently is needed.
    Not really. Mine doesn't include them.

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloGoodSir View Post
    I think that I have gotten rid of all of the stray pixels of the wrong colors. There are a few strange lake pixels up near Vancouver island, kind of in the ocean. They were in Steppe Wolf (which is where I stole this base map from) but they seem weird and I am concerned that they will cause trouble.
    As for pixels.. what about those huge islands in the middle of the Pacific? You map needs to align with each part. Provinces, Terrain and Rivers should have identical outlines (though the actual rivers in Rivers can go over them).

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloGoodSir View Post
    One of the provinces has an exclave. It is the red province near the top middle of the map. Are exclaves ok?
    Yes, they work perfectly fine. I have 'em. Though Enclave is a more useful perspective for the question, since it's completely enveloped (exclaves can border many provinces, just not their homeland).

    Edit: Oh wait, you actually just mean a province with territory entirely inside another province. Yeah, that works fine too. I use that for a thing as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts