• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

unmerged(213587)

Second Lieutenant
10 Badges
Jul 2, 2010
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Galactic Assault
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
I have the Gold version.

When I start the game it loads up and puts me on a screen where I can choose single player or multi player, but no mod choices.

There is a mod folder in the game folder and the mods are in there.
There is also a text file that says "I am a dummy-file.
I'm here to ensure that the mod directory is created.

I have done my task, yay me!

Maybe it didn't do it's job.

I also have EU 3 and when I start that I get a screen that is for updating, going online and choosing a mod.
I have to click start from that screen to load the game.
There is nothing like this for Rome.

I'm wondering if I have a bad install.
I got the game from Gamers Gate yesterday.

They also put a serial key on the download page and I don't know what I am supposed to do with that.
The normal, vanilla, game plays.

Last edited:
I have a worse problem now.

I uninstalled the game, which I had on my E drive in a my games folder, because I thought that, possibly, it was picky about where it gets installed.
So, I downloaded it again and tried to install it on the C drive, in the Paradox folder like the installer wants to do in the first place.

Well, it looked like it was installing but when it seemed done I got a message that said 'Rome is not installed' and then 'Vai Victus is not installed'.
In the Rome folder that was created there was only 1 text file that was the license agreement.

I have tried a few more times, including after re-booting the computer, but it always turns out the same, with no installation.

I have never had anything like this happen before when trying to install software.

I have never had anything like this happen before when trying to install software.
Dirty uninstaller left registry entries for Rome, pointing at your previous game location.
Run regedit, go to (for winXP) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis - Rome. Delete that key, run the installers again.

The serial key is for registering it here in My Games part of your profile.

Please register Gold here, then meet me in Tech Support. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.