• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

M Lite

Recruit
28 Badges
Oct 2, 2010
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pride of Nations
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
This has probably been answered somewhere a long time ago, but I have a problem. I'm playing as the UK, Germany has been beaten and most of Western Europe freed. I've been building up my military. I trade for around 100 supplies, so I have seldom had to devote much IC to supplies. All of the sudden, supply demand skyrockets and I can't tell from the tooltip why it's so high (sometimes allied usage shoots up, sometimes my own demand skyrockets, not sure why). Demand varies between 30 and 120 and then occasionally drops back down to manageable levels. I have very little IC available for supplies, and the 10-20 I can devote seldom seem to be enough and I keep getting down to 0 supplies. Nevertheless, my units all seem to be fully or nearly fully supplied. I do have units spread all over the empire, but the bulk of my high supply land units are in the UK, and my fleets are all in dock. Supply stockpiles are being maintained at the depot locations, but there's only around 2000 supplies there...not enough to account for all the missing supplies. Is this a bug?

There is probably an explanation for this. How are your supply convoys? Is it possible that they transport 9 days nothing and than one day the need for 10 days? This might explain heavy variations, the japan AI has that "problem", too.

A possible explanation is a very large naval unit coming back to port and resupplying - this can take a couple of thousand supplies. If you sent all your units out on one day for a one mont mission and they all come back on the same time this might be even more pronounced.

It sounds like the Japan problem. I know the issues with big fleets coming into port, but this doesn't seem to be tied to anything I'm doing, demand just skyrockets. At first, it was just rising for a few days, then going back down, but now it just stays high. I'll purchases thousands of supplies on the world market and they'll be gone in a week or two. I have automatic convoys with plenty of extra shipping, and all of my trade agreements appear to be working at 100%. My base industry is around 220 and up to around 260 with bonuses. Maybe it's a problem with the island powers and the convoy system? Can supplies just disappear? Maybe there's still some rogue German U-Boats secretly stealing supplies off my cargo ships at night ;)

Somalian pirates perhaps?
Do you have many forces deployed overseas (air forces on missions maybe)? Do you have many allied forces (of whatsoever kind) on your overseas territories? These may be logical reasons. Apart from that I can confirm the problem for UK, Japan, and even US when you start to become active overseas. I suspect something is off within the supply calculations but I'm not sure at all.

I just stared a game as Japan to check if these problems are still around. As of 1938 I haven't seen it occur.

One thing I noted is that Japan can't deploy troops to Korea, does anyone know why? If UK can deploy to India then Japan should definitely be able to put some divisions in Korea.

One thing I noted is that Japan can't deploy troops to Korea, does anyone know why? If UK can deploy to India then Japan should definitely be able to put some divisions in Korea.
Check this line in db\misc.txt:

Code:
# _EV_MIN_PLACEMENT_IC_, Minimum IC to allow non capital placement

Korea has less than 25 IC, hence Japan can't place units directly in it. You might want to change that value e.g. to 5.

Last edited: