• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll make sure that I contact you before posting anything for proper vetting.

or maybe you could just get an understanding of the scope and intent of forum.paradoxplaza.com

I believe there's still an OT forum around here if you want to post comments that consist of nothing but a non-game related youtube video.

or a "umad bro?" cat image like you did in the other thread.

it might sound silly to you, but these forums are of a better calibre than that, especially in the game-sepcific forums.

or maybe you could just get an understanding of the scope and intent of forum.paradoxplaza.com

I believe there's still an OT forum around here if you want to post comments that consist of nothing but a non-game related youtube video.

or a "umad bro?" cat image like you did in the other thread.

it might sound silly to you, but these forums are of a better calibre than that, especially in the game-sepcific forums.

If you've seen the film 'Labyrinth', you may have caught the joke, pending that you're not an eternal sourpuss like yourself. Allthat4nothing should worry about allthat4nothing and not so much about the sanctity of forums you don't run.

If you've seen the film 'Labyrinth', you may have caught the joke, pending that you're not an eternal sourpuss like yourself. Allthat4nothing should worry about allthat4nothing and not so much about the sanctity of forums you don't run.

you know I'm quite positive I'm not the only person here who rolls his eyes when they see stuff posted that would make more sense on an imageboard or a more freeform board. I'm just the only one being vocal about it at this moment in time.

TL;DR, "Relevant content or GTFO." In terms you can understand.

How about you both just let it go before the thread gets locked? Especially you, AT4N...

fail to see what's so special about me personally since I am being completely rational but whatever, good point.

fail to see what's so special about me personally.

Well, the thread will be locked anyway, so I'll explain what I mean. By replying to his video with a provocative comment (I mean, seriously, you know he'll respond), you extend the number of "useless posts" in the thread, therefore making the situation worse and instead of correcting the problem, you become a part of the problem.

P.S; sorry for taking part in the arguement, to whatever mod may happen to read through this thread ;)

Well, the thread will be locked anyway, so I'll explain what I mean. By replying to his video with a provocative comment (I mean, seriously, you know he'll respond), you extend the number of "useless posts" in the thread, therefore making the situation worse and instead of correcting the problem, you become a part of the problem.

as have you. since now you're playing the "better man" role.

Glad everyone's having such a good time.

as have you. since now you're playing the "better man" role.

So lets put it this way: Your comment is even more useless than his was.

OT: I don't know. If all the possible courses of actions you could take in events where simply added as button, the interface would get pretty hard to look at. Granted, they have different effects, but they basically do the same, so I don't think an extra button would be really warranted.

I would like to have a prisoner management option to move someone to house arrest or the oubliette. It makes sense to allow the King to decide at will, but to also have events that give you options on how to handle it. There is already quite a bit going on in the screen, I agree... but this would only show up for people that are imprisoned. I can deal with a little more clutter for the added flexibility.

So what is the point of the oubliette except that the prisoner dies faster? Is it more difficult to escape from there? Is it even possible for a prisoner to escape?

edit: Maybe an idea for a new position or title you can give to a courtmember 'Prison guard' or 'Sheriff' who is responsible for the prisonblock and torturing. If you have someone with the cruel trait the prisoner will die faster, if he is just he might let the prisoner escape if you had no valid reason to lock him up. He might also let him escape if he likes the prisoner more than you or is bribeable.

Last edited:
So what is the point of the oubliette except that the prisoner dies faster? Is it more difficult to escape from there? Is it even possible for a prisoner to escape?

It is impossible to escape from. But, actually, I really think they should introduce a "Break Prisoner out of Jail" plot. It makes perfect sense. Perhaps they should introduce it as a DLC! (That last bit is sarcasm...)

edit: Maybe an idea for a new position or title you can give to a courtmember 'Prison guard' or 'Sheriff' who is responsible for the prisonblock and torturing. If you have someone with the cruel trait the prisoner will die faster, if he is just he might let the prisoner escape if you had no valid reason to lock him up. He might also let him escape if he likes the prisoner more than you or is bribeable.
I'm pretty sure torture won't make it into the any DLC/patch due to the goal of ever selling to broader age groups.

The point of oubliette is, as said above, reduce (or perhaps zero out) escape chances.
The second point is if you want to kill some character without taking a (vassal relation)+(piety) penalty, simply send them to oub. and that will shorten their life and they will die 'of natural causes'.

It's funny that people (your vassals) don't mind it when you kill people in oub. but they become like medieval Amnesty International when you do the same in a more efficient way without waiting a couple of years.

I'm pretty sure torture won't make it into the any DLC/patch due to the goal of ever selling to broader age groups.

The point of oubliette is, as said above, reduce (or perhaps zero out) escape chances.
The second point is if you want to kill some character without taking a (vassal relation)+(piety) penalty, simply send them to oub. and that will shorten their life and they will die 'of natural causes'.

It's funny that people (your vassals) don't mind it when you kill people in oub. but they become like medieval Amnesty International when you do the same in a more efficient way without waiting a couple of years.
Haha... I agree with all of this. One addition I have though is that torture is already in the game. When your character has an "Impaler" trait you will do some pretty wicked stuff to your prisoners. What he is suggesting adds nothing new at all to the game, only designates another character to do your dirty work for you. If anything that would be better for younger ages because they won't have to "do the torturing". I would like to see deposed emperors get a blinded and banished event, but I don't think that will make it into any DLC and for the reasons you argue.

Torture is already in the game. If you have prisoners, you will get an event giving you the option to be cruel to them (probably not an option if you already have the cruel trait).

Okay thanks for heads up, I wasn't aware of the current torture feature. I aim to get kind, just etc. rulers and occasionally use private contractors to send troublemakers to heaven, of course for the greater good of humanity :)

The oubliette also lowers the prisoners diplomacy more. So other people like them less.

Prisoners can escape from house arrest. AFAIK, they can't escape from either the dungeon or the oubliette.