+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How is the oubliette different from the dungeon?

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I am glad to see we are back on topic. Let's keep it that way.

The primary purpose of the oubliette, in the game at least, is to make it highly likely that the prisoner will die in a few years without the trouble of an execution and to reduce the prisoner's stats really low while they are in prison. As far as I can tell, there is no escape difference between the oubliette and regular prison (house arrest is another matter entirely). If there is one, it's really small since I almost never lose prisoners in regular prison.

I never see your vassals being angry over an execution as squeamishness. I instead see it as worrying about your growing power. And it's only a -10 tyranny hit, so it's not that much of a problem. That's less than revoking a title.

Now, the kinslayer trait is a whole other problem. That's just your family being disgusted at your for killing a relative, and I feel that's appropriate.

"I know Uncle Edward, the Duke of Lancaster, was fond of frequenting prostitutes with webbed feet named Chloe, and he had a penchant for heresy and taking all the potato salad at family reunions, but executing him for treason is just over the top!"
    Last edited by Secret Master; 02-03-2012 at 21:51.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Taiisatai64 View Post
    It is impossible to escape from. But, actually, I really think they should introduce a "Break Prisoner out of Jail" plot. It makes perfect sense. Perhaps they should introduce it as a DLC! (That last bit is sarcasm...)
    Prisoners can break out of jail.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Dearmad View Post
    Prisoners can break out of jail.
    Yes, but they can't be BROKEN out, on purpose.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Master View Post

The primary purpose of the oubliette, in the game at least, is to make it highly likely that the prisoner will die in a few years without the trouble of an execution and to reduce the prisoner's stats really low while they are in prison.
    Its also a good place to put Relative who think they deserve the kingdom more then you. I send all my "complainants" there. Im seriously thinking there should be a trait for sending so many people to the oub!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome

I think there is, as the Queen I got "the cruel" recently, after locking up many many people.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I think there is, as the Queen I got "the cruel" recently, after locking up many many people.
    how many exactly?in my current Bulgarian campaign my King has imprisoned half the byzzies and a few Hungarians!

not that many compared to you... something like 20 people I'd say. she did exile her aunt... but she was forced to.

Doesn't look like it has anything to do with locking people up.

Code:
    nick_the_cruel = {
    	allow = {
    		age = 20
    		NOT = { trait = kind }
    		NOT = { trait = charitable }
    		OR = {
    			trait = wroth
    			trait = envious
    			trait = deceitful
    			trait = greedy
    			trait = impaler
    		}
    	}
    	chance = {
    		factor = 1
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 5.0
    			trait = impaler
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2.0
    			trait = wroth
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2.0
    			trait = wroth
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2.0
    			trait = envious
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2.0
    			trait = deceitful
    		}
    		modifier = {
    			factor = 2.0
    			trait = greedy
    		}
    	}
    }
    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn." - Warhammer
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

How the hell did I get that nickname then. I have none of those traits. Hm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3