• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very nicely done, always great too see an AAR that goes beyond the traditional post filled with pics and descriptions, not that there's no room for creativity in those.

Very nicely done, always great too see an AAR that goes beyond the traditional post filled with pics and descriptions, not that there's no room for creativity in those.

Thanks! The idea of a newsletter has been fun to work with and very flexible.

I finally got it to work on my brides IPAD. Nicely done! The Kriegsmarine really bloodied the Brits noses of the Royal Navy! The 'junk pile' mentioned by Paul Weiss cracked me up ......obviously the infamous 5th Infantrie Division.....The 'Why not invade' part mentioning the Royal Navy's Brutal slaughter of unarmed merchant ships was priceless..and I must admit Borman's puppy is somewhat cute.....and well trained! Keep it up!

Yeah, the KM has had a great time chewing up the RN. It has easily been my best naval was showing ever. And, of course, it was the 5ID.

Now if only the Austrians could add the mounted stuffed deer head and the bear skin rug, it would feel exactly like home. Love every bit of this AAR. Can't wait for the next release.

Thanks for the kind words...next release today!

^ :rofl: ^

Stuy has a long tradition of being much funnier than I am in my AARs :)

Ah, Paul... Your continued whining and moaning are a true delight. Rachel dropped you for a newly-club-footed invalid, the Poles somehow do not appreciate your noble civilizing peacekeeping mission, and you failed your sensitivity training... I wonder what else he will find to complain about, but I'm confident he'll continue to rise to the occasion. :)

It does not bode well that even Gretchen, Kapt. Ritter's wife, has abandoned him. I wonder if I need to look up 'divorce' in German yet? :p

The Austrians continue to amaze. Can't wait for the - entirely hypothetical - invasion of the lair of the Bolshevist Menace.

I do have one concern, though: it appears that an agent provocateur has infiltrated the Wehrmacht News & World Report and slyly edited some of the contents to make the Wehrmacht look like a bunch of aggressive no-gooders. I mean, surely Hauptmann Erich Schtill did not really write that the Panzertruppen (that noble mobile vanguard of peace, justice and freedom) try to shape their members into 'bloodthirsty death machines'?!? This is so out of context for the Wehrmacht, that I simply know it's a falsification. Probably planted by an Anglo-French communist imperialist infiltrator, to confuse the world as to who is a victim (Germany) and who is the aggressor (the rest of the world) in this conflict.

Edit: Just remembered from your roll-call that Trollhammer destroyed the Enterprise. How could you?!? Can we please have that picture of Kirk yelling 'Khaaan'? On the other hand, Kirk yelling 'Saalwachter!' doesn't have the same ring to it, so never mind.

Maybe if Kirk yelled :Kaaaarl! Speaking of Karl...his career, if not his love-life, might be about to change...for now

haha...wood siding on the StuG is a sweet touch my fun loving Austrian friends. Why not just cave to fashion and mount some cuckoo clocks on the front and use them as horns? These would make fantastic parade floats. Congratulations on the success of Operation Trondheim and as any good Hollywood executive worth his salt would agree, we must follow success with a sequel...and thus Operation Trondheim II (while perhaps not the most imaginative name for it) is destined for greatness! I have few words for Rachel. What a slut. Lastly, I was a little uncomfortable with this month's Sturmkitten (puppy). If I know my breeds correctly, and I think I do, I believe that's a (western imperialist) English Bulldog. Dobermans, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Schnausers, Dachshund...perhaps...but an English bulldog? God help Martin Bormann if the Fuehrer catches him walking THAT breed in the chancellery garden. (but you gotta admit, that dog is seriously cute).

*Off to gullibility* (and to read your "niche AAR")

I feel that is a valid defense for Bormann. No one can deny that the critter is seriously cute. Also: don't give those Austrians any ideas! :D

Paul really is not enjoying his war any more. And Karl is so far demoted they no longer trust him with a supply ship that actually moves?

Martin has gone a wee bit over the top? I mean its good to see the WNWR getting credit for all the successes but ..

and to echo earlier comments - the maps are brilliant

Thanks for the map comments...Those are time consuming to make, but I really like how they've come out. As for Martin, why how could one not see that the unifying power of the WNWR is at least partially responsible for the string of victories?

Those silly Austrians... what's next? A Blitzkrieg in Tirolerhosen?

aww jeez....now my cat is hooked on this AAR.

57_new.gif

It is impossible to top that kitten, so I won't even try.

But I can certainly offer some encouraging words to Paul: yes, Paul, we can totally see how you're totally over that Fifth Columnist, suspiciously-French-sounding, Wehrmacht-infiltrating whore Rachel. Not a sliver of doubt about that, nossir.

And what are those Austrians doing in that photo?!? I can't really tell, but it looks... suspicious. Perhaps the kind, guiding hand of Majorgeneral Ott needs to be replaced by the firmer hand of, say, the Gestapo? Just for a little while, stiffen their spine a bit?

And fate seems to be kind to Karl for a change. Let's hope, with uncharacteristic charity, that his benefactor Admiral doesn't get blown to bits by a RAF raid or a CAG strike before the next update arrives.

Interesting plans on Britain. Your invasion seems eminently doable. Gently applying some 'corrective action' against a bunch of poorly-armed Territorials (I'm thinking Dad's Army material here). Not bad, it'll remove the last obstacle before the Great Prize, the pre-emptive strike against the Lair of Communist Aggression. As history teaches us, pre-emptive strikes never go bad, so that should be another walk in the park...

Excellent update as always. I must say I get somewhat cranky when no new WNWR is out.

Nice to see that the Kriegsmarine is still doing very well. At this stage, a few more Naval Operations and the Royal Navy might actually have to withdrawl to say, India? Also good to see that the Luftwaffe and the Naval Air arm are helping the brave sailors of the Reich......by the way, in an earlier edition I think you said that the RN cruiser Danae got sunk? I had to cry a little on that one....as my lovely daughter is named Danae as well.....

Goering "allowing" the public to view his newly acquired Art and Paintings is very nice of him....as long as you are, however, a party member, high ranking officer, etc ect (hilarious!!) Gotta love the fat man!!

The invasion of Britain should be a cake walk if you can just get the troops across the channel. Secure a port or two, and rush over the entire invasion force before what is left of the RN (if anything is left of it) tries to stop you.....And then as Stuyvesant says....the big prize is up for grabs!!! Looking forward to more in the next edition.

Goering "allowing" the public to view his newly acquired Art and Paintings is very nice of him....as long as you are, however, a party member, high ranking officer, etc ect (hilarious!!) Gotta love the fat man!!

Now that I've had some more time to ponder this, I realize the true magnanimity of the Reichsmarschall. Yes, at first glance it might look as though Hermann is being selfish and keeping this priceless art to himself, but think about it: he really is trying to encourage people to better themselves, go beyond their self-imposed limits and reach those lofty positions so that they may enjoy the art. Become one of the elite few, and you too can enjoy art like me, the Reichsmarschall says. It's kind of the Steve Jobs approach: don't accept that something can't be done, just push people hard enough until they achieve the impossible. It's very inspirational, really. <Nods sagely>

Throwing myself into this AAR was quite fun... kept the day moving at work!

Now that I've had some more time to ponder this, I realize the true magnanimity of the Reichsmarschall. Yes, at first glance it might look as though Hermann is being selfish and keeping this priceless art to himself, but think about it: he really is trying to encourage people to better themselves, go beyond their self-imposed limits and reach those lofty positions so that they may enjoy the art. Become one of the elite few, and you too can enjoy art like me, the Reichsmarschall says. It's kind of the Steve Jobs approach: don't accept that something can't be done, just push people hard enough until they achieve the impossible. It's very inspirational, really. <Nods sagely>
I couldn't agree more...how pedestrian to share great pieces of art in museums where ANYONE could see them...much better that they are cared for and preserved in the expert hands of his-voluminousness. The only thing I could add to the Steve Jobs approach is the critical third ingredient: scream, yell and chastise everyone around you. It's not easy knowing everything...genius has its price and everyone around you should be made to pay.

One last thought AP, my cat is having some anxiety issues with the last Sturmkitten so perilously perched near the breech of an artillery piece. Maybe next time you can post some kind of graphic image advisory ahead of time so I can avoid any unnecessarily large kitty-psychologist bills. Thanks so much.

Last edited:
Reichmarshall Gorings kittie says...."Ve needsthumbnailCADOO5GN.jpg more Sturmkittens......Schnell"

Hey there! I just read through the entire AAR and I really like what you've been doing with the format. The level of detail is great, and your delivery is excellent.

Unfortunately, I am currently in China, and China, as you may know, has a dispute with google. Given that the last two entries are hosted on google docs, I haven't been able to read them yet! Do you think you could get the attachment issue solved? I am very eager to see what happens next. : P

Alfred.....did you fall off the earth or what? We need a new issue!!!

di:g stand for what ?

Alfred......we miss you and this great AAR.....I need my fix. Please update with new edition schnell!

Alfred. Don't let this AAR die. It's too good to let it die off. Bring it back to life!

MOAR ! !

read that: subscribed ! ! :D