• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Excellent read - I particularly enjoyed the nice bit of moaning about 5. Infanterie-Division. Come to think of it, the Divisional insignia kinda looks like a raised middle finger...

Our First Officer's optimism about the Hochseeflotte's 'cruise' seems, well, very optimistic. Dramatic convention really dictates that the SMS Köln be sunk during your sneak invasion of Republican Spain (I don't know whether you are planning to wage war on the Republicans, but c'mon, he decides not to propose to his girlfriend? He's sure everything's going to be just fine and dandy while heading towards a war zone? The gods of literary cliché demand his head...).

This edition's Sturmkitten seems to be a hybrid Führer/Reichsmarschall - The former's excellence in hair styling, the latter's excellence in body mass gain. ;)

that was a brilliant mixture of rather disturbing corporate magazine-speech, lots of hard information on what you are doing and one very dodgy (doggy?) kitty

Thanks! I'm glad you liked it...the pre-war issues are sometimes hard to fill, so they do get a bit "crunchy" at times.

Excellent read - I particularly enjoyed the nice bit of moaning about 5. Infanterie-Division. Come to think of it, the Divisional insignia kinda looks like a raised middle finger...

Our First Officer's optimism about the Hochseeflotte's 'cruise' seems, well, very optimistic. Dramatic convention really dictates that the SMS Köln be sunk during your sneak invasion of Republican Spain (I don't know whether you are planning to wage war on the Republicans, but c'mon, he decides not to propose to his girlfriend? He's sure everything's going to be just fine and dandy while heading towards a war zone? The gods of literary cliché demand his head...).

This edition's Sturmkitten seems to be a hybrid Führer/Reichsmarschall - The former's excellence in hair styling, the latter's excellence in body mass gain. ;)

Karl should die, that is true...but alas, I missed the opportunity then :(. Paul is a bit of a complainer, but hey, who wants to dig extra trenches! and the sturmkitten could have been named Jabba der Fuehrer!

The discussion of German sportsmanship in the Olympics was priceless. Yes, both Herr Lutz and Herr Hitler show the true spirit of sportsmanship in their dealings with Jesse Owens. :)

Also enjoyed your explanation of the 'hydrogen peroxide' accident and Gefreiter Weiss's musings about rekindling his acquaintance with certain Polish and French visitors to the Olympics in the future, when he might visit their countries in turn. :p

I'am looking forward to the next part :)

Another nice issue of the WNWR. Looking forward for the next one...keep the Sturmkittens coming.....:)

The discussion of German sportsmanship in the Olympics was priceless. Yes, both Herr Lutz and Herr Hitler show the true spirit of sportsmanship in their dealings with Jesse Owens. :)

Also enjoyed your explanation of the 'hydrogen peroxide' accident and Gefreiter Weiss's musings about rekindling his acquaintance with certain Polish and French visitors to the Olympics in the future, when he might visit their countries in turn. :p

Thanks :) I'm glad you liked it...I tried to think about how the media would try and spin Hitler's non-encounter with Jesse Owenr. Also, (spoiler alert!) that last bit about visiting France and Poland might be forshadowing!

seems as if the Heer is overrun by grumbling ... poor Erich seems to be disparaging his tractor and Paul doesn't seem to take his ditch digging duties very seriously, though it is nice he plans to visit his new friends when he has some spare time.

I agree about the grumbling! If my job was to just drive tractors around all day, I'd be pretty excited about the prospect!

I'am looking forward to the next part :)

Your wait is over! (and thanks for reading :) )

Another nice issue of the WNWR. Looking forward for the next one...keep the Sturmkittens coming.....:)

We can't drop Sturmkittens! Thats what brings in the readers!

Ah, priceless stuff: the 'Lend-Keep' agreement, Gefreiter Weiss's continuing sniping at 25. Infanterie-Division (hah! Sniping! Geddit?) and especially the mysteriously renamed Sturmkitten Heinrich. That one really finished things on a high note. :)

I do hope that 5 & 25 Infantry are to be kept well apart when conflict actually starts. Its noticeable that so many of your eager respondents see all this in very pragmatic career terms and poor Generalmajor Ott feeling so misunderstood by Chiang. Hope the cat still doesn't answer to 'Ernst' though ... nah silly comment, when did any cat ever answer to any name?

& our dear Editor Martin is as insanely optimistic as ever.

Thanks :) I'm glad you liked it ... Also, (spoiler alert!) that last bit about visiting France and Poland might be forshadowing!

Wait! I just now realized this! You just blew a major part of the story for me! I feel so violated! Sir, do you have no respect for your readers!? :p

Ah, priceless stuff: the 'Lend-Keep' agreement, Gefreiter Weiss's continuing sniping at 25. Infanterie-Division (hah! Sniping! Geddit?) and especially the mysteriously renamed Sturmkitten Heinrich. That one really finished things on a high note. :)

Ah, thanks :) I'm glad you enjoyed this one. I was "feeling it" that issue and I'm glad it wasn't just the booze!

I do hope that 5 & 25 Infantry are to be kept well apart when conflict actually starts. Its noticeable that so many of your eager respondents see all this in very pragmatic career terms and poor Generalmajor Ott feeling so misunderstood by Chiang. Hope the cat still doesn't answer to 'Ernst' though ... nah silly comment, when did any cat ever answer to any name?

& our dear Editor Martin is as insanely optimistic as ever.

I would say Paul is the most pragmatic of all! After all, if you can't use your position of minor celebrity to snipe and provoke a full division of heavily armed men to wrath, then what good is it!

Wait! I just now realized this! You just blew a major part of the story for me! I feel so violated! Sir, do you have no respect for your readers!? :p

Not a bit...and just for that - Japan will probably attack Nationalist China. :p

love Karl's somewhat minimalist approach to his wedding - "I'll be there" being the limit of his participation. I also don't think that Paul is quite getting to grips with the essense of national solidarity and all that. Equally one has to hope for Eugen's sake that no nasty Polish persons plan to read his defensive plans ... or will the editor step in before publication?

love Karl's somewhat minimalist approach to his wedding - "I'll be there" being the limit of his participation. I also don't think that Paul is quite getting to grips with the essense of national solidarity and all that. Equally one has to hope for Eugen's sake that no nasty Polish persons plan to read his defensive plans ... or will the editor step in before publication?

Oh, I don't think Eugen has anything to worry about, spies have been asked not to read it.

In This Issue:
-Karl Bitches About Shore Leave!

The 'Wehrmacht News and World Report' - Telling it like it is. :D

There does seem to be an undertone of either self-serving gloating (that one Martin) or self-pitying moaning (Karl, Erich). Oh well, if you don't have an agenda, then why would you bother writing, eh? :) I liked your caption for the new medium Panzer.