• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Except that Castille did steam roller Granada, but only took one province off them. That may have been because Castille was fighting England, Aragon and Portugal or it may just have been lucky. Was Granada a lucky nation? Portugal went on to lose a province to Morocco, which suggests a severe mauling at Castille's hands. it's all very well raising rebels, if one has the money, but Castille gets fixated on Granada and ignores northern losses. Prawnstar's troops didn't get to northern Castille that quickly.

This can be done with so much time to spare by England, that France or Spain must be able to do it too, even if they have to pay 60 more BB early and take 20 more years to finish the game.

Except that Castille did steam roller Granada, but only took one province off them. That may have been because Castille was fighting England, Aragon and Portugal or it may just have been lucky. Was Granada a lucky nation? Portugal went on to lose a province to Morocco, which suggests a severe mauling at Castille's hands. it's all very well raising rebels, if one has the money, but Castille gets fixated on Granada and ignores northern losses. Prawnstar's troops didn't get to northern Castille that quickly.

The difference I think is that Prawn didn't bum rush Castille. While he did join in the war he focused on Ireland first to get quick BB to burn. Granada isn't always smart when AI controlled. Unless you totally dominating war score they will often take white peace or lose 1 province if you don't immediately hit Castille. As for Morocco taking land, I'm not sure it matters in the grand scheme. Personally, I'd rather granada taking land because generally speaking it's easy enough to get control of the holy see to grant crusade. And even if you don't, someone tends to do it for you.

This can be done with so much time to spare by England, that France or Spain must be able to do it too, even if they have to pay 60 more BB early and take 20 more years to finish the game.

As I've said when I derailed the thread, france almost certainly can do this. Spain on the other hand I'm not sure about. It might be worthy of someone trying because the lack of cores are really going to be an early hurdle with France, England and Portugal. In fact, I don't think they even start with cores on Aragon assuming you start as Castille which would seem to be the stronger of the two. France starts with cores on most of what you'd consider france proper these days. England can start with cheap annex of ireland, as well as getting easy cores on a lot of france. I don't know all of spain's missions well but I do know they don't start with cores on France.

Last edited by a moderator:

FEEDBACK​

Athalcor - Room 101, that's the introductory class on rooms used to teach nomads how to settle down: "This is a wall, this is the ceiling and this is the floor. Next week doors and windows"

Malurous - Yeah should be OK now, Trade 6 buildings are overpowered good :)

uat2d - To be fair English Scandanavia has ugly borders, Milanese Scandanavia looked pretty good at one point.

Sirce - One day the world will be painted a nice clean blood red :)

uat2d - I'm not sure I want to be about the journey, makes me sound like some ****wit on reality TV "It's my dream to do bad covers of MOR pop dross in front of an audience of people too dull to have anything to do on a Saturday night".

The Arch Mede - You're right, zero BB periods during the end phase are possible but I might be able to dodge them if I play my cards right. I *think* the trick wil be concentrating on reducing all the 'more than one war' countries to 'one war' countries before pigging out on the OPMs.

GaiusC - Trade 6 buildings are simply awesome aren't they, I was quite a way down on tech for much of the game but I'll be a couple of decades ahead of time across the board (even Naval) when I finish.

beckdawg - Don't worry I was interested to see how you got on with applying the ideas from my AAR to your own game. You should think about an AAR soon.

Zozo - All hail the power of the not entirely balanced game mechanic pushed rather hard!

Chief Ragusa - Burgundy's provinces aren't that expensive yet but they are getting pricey. No idea about Bohemia / Austria makes absolutely no sense. The Castile Granada thing can be made to work but my troops fought in Ireland for the first two and a bit years.

Nephilia - I really don't know - I guess I wasnt really aware of that because it was probably during the Holy War to China phase when I gained that much size and I was only using a fraction of my potential for a century+

hhhmmm - My distant overseas shouldn't change though - if it's not Europe it's distant so produces tariffs.

Malurous - I was slow into Iberia in the first war so maybe I could have done more with Granada...

Zozo - The real trick would be engineering a muslim Castile :)

Floodturka - Good point, throwing enough money at Granada would probably work or military access and killing their rebels myself.

Aminti - Told you I'd get you some better data for your calculations - 1780 looks like a good target to me as well.

Sarius1997 - Hi, true the stab hit is a pain - I seem to remember in one version you got BB or was it WE for each stab hit on a DOW

Trinitrotoluen - Yes WE would be more of a nuisance than the stab hit. Only OPM Qin is in formerly 'Hordish' land and I've already explored the possibilities there.

Dauth - True

Chieron - Sadly there was no Horde Germany and I've long since checked Qin for 'Hordability'. Modernised Shawnee would be a pain going from 0.8BB a province (Tribal CB) to 2 (Imperialism).

chgrogers - Magistrates are still building Trade buildings in Europe and the first three levels of Prod buildings + docks in high value trade goods provinces in Europe. Tarffs are boring :)

The Arch Mede - Good point, beckdawg has shown there's not much in it between England and France in the start up. Castile and Burgundy will probably work as well.

CHAPTER FIFTY NINE​

Now that it’s 1750 the colonial events start. In this case I have a Founding Father before the end of Feb. I’ll take the revolt risk / tax option as opposed to move narrowminded / serfdom because I’m not Hapsburg Austria or Romanov Russia.

2rf66ir.jpg

The Corrupt Governor event, giving -1RR in a province for 100 ducats, also starts firing around this time.

By November my BB is down to 0.20 so time for peace with Burgundy.

fxz96r.jpg

BB is now 10.20 / 23.00 falling at 3.92 a year. Taking out Lorraine was 33 war score but other than that a pretty decent deal. OPM Pomerania is an English core so they won’t be around long.

I reach Gov’t 52 in January 1751, Gov’t 53 and R/CR is 23 months away so it’ll be 23 years ahead of time. I’ll lose a small part of the ahead of time penalty when 1752 starts and if I go back to war before then my economy will expand (~1500 a month) so I may get there slightly sooner.

The last Chagatai province defects at the start of August 1751 leaving only Kazakh standing among the nomads. My truce with them ends in two weeks and I will finish them this war.

October and I DOW Pomerania and annex weeks later.

2q2odx2.jpg

All the Kazakh provinces are occupied before the end of the year.

The College of Cardinals - September 1752

2ee8vp0.jpg

Government 53 - November 1752

ax1t8z.jpg

So I’ve got there 23 years ahead of the scheduled date and used my vacant NI slot to take ‘Revolution and Counter Revolution’ for that yummy low cost CB on nearly everyone. Straight after I dump Colonial Ventures for Smithian Economics. It’s the next month before the CB fires, ‘All Revolutionary Enemies’ is everyone except Shawnee and Frankfurt as Anhalt has been annexed by Bohemia. I Frankfurt breaks to rebels a couple of years later and becomes a monarchy.

30kzmtx.jpg

BB is down to 2.01 / 23.00 falling at 4.02 a year. Obviously there’s no time to waste so four DOWs go in. Qin & Minamoto both with the Revolutionary War CB for quick BB. Milan also with the Revolutionary War CB for a longer war to try for another large province haul. Finally I’ll DOW Milanese ally Shawnee with Reconquest for my core.

Minamoto is annexed at the start of 1753

kd07d1.jpg

My core from Shawnee is reclaimed in March.

25hoav6.jpg

May brings another boundary dispute with Burgundy and the annexation of Qin.

23kyjqr.jpg

BB is 4.33 / 23.00 falling at 4.02 a year.

The Chilean Quest for Independence fires in December 1753, that‘s the first of the colonial revolters to appear. The accompanying revolt is in China but nothing else happens. It takes until late March 1754 to get a 100 war score peace deal against Milan, BB was down to 0.98.

309nfbn.jpg

BB is now 11.98 / 23.00 falling at 4.02 a year.

By the start of July I’m ready for war with Bavaria - who’ve just been stack wiped by Burgundy (inter ‘B’ warfare is now near constant and the three way match up keeps changing).

4jamnt.jpg

The war with Bavaria is dull although it takes a while to complete the sieges. Unlike Burgundy and Milan who are about five levels of Land Tech behind me Bavaria and Bohemia lag by about a dozen.

Now this is undesirable… 21st June 1755

141mqzt.jpg

This makes a right mess of my BB position 6.67 / 18.00 falling at 3.52 instead of 6.67 / 23.00 falling at 4.02. Still, it gives me a general for duty in the restless still Muslim ex-Horde lands.

Nonetheless the war machine continues to roll…

Peace with Bavaria

kc57l.jpg

So that creates an OPM with an English core and removes the need for a Reconquest CB war with Bavaria for that province only.

September 1755 and the last Nomad province defects.

rjfqtz.jpg

November 1755 and my truce with Burgundy ends…

beckdawg - Don't worry I was interested to see how you got on with applying the ideas from my AAR to your own game. You should think about an AAR soon.

I think I have an ADHD or ADD issue because I never get far enough to finish games. I'm not even sure I've played a single game thru completion. At the start it was just because I was learning every play and wanted to use the new knowledge to "do it right." I did have thoughts of doing a "never go in against a sicilian when death's on the line"</princess bride> AAR as Siciliy but I couldn't figure out what goals I should really have other than forming Italy.

Then I got involved in trying to do paradox achievements which lead to France(along with your AAR). Though, maybe others have this issue too but for some reason the game will not let me sign into do the achievements any more. It seemed to stop right around the time paradox updated their forums though I'm unsure if that had anything to do with it. It says something about mods which I don't have installed. I've checked the game integrity via steam and everything checks out fine so I don't know what the deals is.... See what I mean about ADHD... start talking about AAR's and end up at achievement issues...

Emu?

Edit: no! no! no!!! I should have known not to read Prawnstar's responses before replying but it was just too tempting :(

Edit to edit: I just love how they keep fighting within Germany, when there is a gigantic empire constantly pushing them tighter and tighter. I mean their logic must be "First I will become the only B left, and then I will finally be able to challenge the English! If I try to attack them now, I will surely get backstabbed by the other Bees! What? An alliance with these Kaiser-usurpers to fight England?! Don't be ridiculous!"

Final (?) edit: I will be burned on the stake for that... but I am actually happy that you got a crappy king. You might just get the achievement of having not-over-the-top infamy for the whole pre-wc game [minus a few first months]!

Last edited:
Hmm Me thinks even if they unified Prawn could hammer them unless someone modded Prawns game so he had no cores and a tribal succession crisis. Hmm Even that might not be enough now.

How did you get München? Isnt that the Bavarian capital? :confused:

So Shawnee survived until the R/CR era - tsk tsk, such suboptimal play, you're getting cocky aren't you? ;)

Hmm Me thinks even if they unified Prawn could hammer them unless someone modded Prawns game so he had no cores and a tribal succession crisis. Hmm Even that might not be enough now.

Prawn will succeed, even if Charles James Beresford stays alive for 70 years :)

You missed a couple of spots..

That is wasteland, it cannot be colonized (unless Prawns superpowers allow him to settle the Himalayas).

Last edited:

QUICK FEEDBACK​

beckdawg - I think Achievements have been disabled

Memento Mori - A sad Emu - is that an Emo Emu? I know the AI behaviour is quite silly but then again it's all too late.

Silly - Thanks, I think it's more bloodymindedness than anything now - I'm probably just too patient!

Thandros - That sort of TSC would be a nuisance but even then it might not be enough to stop me

Vrael_1492 - Bavarian capital is Neiderbayern - I was surprised as well and I have absolutely no idea why or how

Malurous - If I don't make it you can give me a hard time about Shawnee :)

uat2d - Funny, spots on the scary face :)

Uokko - Right on both counts (hopefully ;))

sprites - I'm in full war frenzy now - shouldn't take too much longer!

The Chilean Quest for Independence fires in December 1753, that‘s the first of the colonial revolters to appear. The accompanying revolt is in China but nothing else happens.

I love it when that happens. Tends to end up with the Brazil-in-Africa pictures you often see in the Strange Screenshot thread. At least the rebels had the good sense of picking a country with a similar name... They're just an ocean off.

Good going - nice use of the Boundary disputes to create quick Reconquest wars for you to make the most of your truces. The leader is quite unfortunate, but you knew it couldn't last. Burgundy needs to get chipped down next - I suppose Bohemia is going to be on the menu afterwards as well - can't let the ingredients in the Big Beer Blob become too strong compared to the others. I'm honestly surprised you were able to take 11 of Milan's provinces in one war, but then again, they aren't land connected, which bumps their value down. A lot.

Final (?) edit: I will be burned on the stake for that... but I am actually happy that you got a crappy king. You might just get the achievement of having not-over-the-top infamy for the whole pre-wc game [minus a few first months]!
Actually, I agree. I think, I didn't quite get your reasoning - maybe because I'm not familiar with the achievements thingy. My line of thought is that PrawnStar has been blessed with a really good run of high-DIP rulers, including some 9s who ruled for 30 years; cynics might claim that they're the reason for success. Having some bad ones now - and probably finishing decades ahead of time - just proves that it's not the luck but the skill.

I wonder if he can core the entire world before 1821..

That would require conquering the whole world before... 1780, or so. He might do it. Honestly, Prawnstar, you're making this look easy. Which is always the thing with your WC's. You take on some sort of insane challenge and just do it slowly, steadily, methodically... you're the Borg of EU3.