• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That Milanese Scandinavia looks awful, I'd focus on it first to clean up the borders.

Clean borders are irrelevant. Its going to be a clean red Earth when he is done. Whatever gets him more Boundary Dispute is relevant. :D

Clean borders are irrelevant. Its going to be a clean red Earth when he is done. Whatever gets him more Boundary Dispute is relevant. :D

No, clean borders aren't irrelevant. What matters here is the journey, not the destination, if the goal was to simply conquer the world, then a couple of annex_XXX on the console would suffice.

That looks like unless you break truces you will be sitting on 0 for a while towards the end of the last war or two.

Can you set up whichever of Milan or Burgundy is the last to go for a 0 BB annex so that you have 0 BB on finishing the WC by forcing their capital onto one of your cores if you haven't cored it already?

R/CR in 1753. I knew it would come in 1760 at the very latest, but since you have a totally crazy Trade Efficiency, I'm not surprised ;)

And according to your list, even if you don't use Revolutionary CB but just good old Imperialism, you'd only need to maintain a -2.7 BB / year rate to complete the WC.

That's some amazing work you did here :)

Apologies for the topic derail. The intent was discussion about france vs england for Prawn's house rules and less specifics to my own game. I just felt a need to justify my reasoning which then lead down that road.

So Burgundy is the insane high warscore needed for 2 or 3 provinces at a time? Break up Burgundy time? The ways of the ai are inscruable as why Bohemia didn't annex Austria - but thern I've seen Scandinavia fight 15 wars of reconquest against Gotland.

I'm left scratching my head with all this help Granda take Castillian provinces. In my experience Castille steamrollers Granada and annexwes and then sends in a missionary to Granada to convert and often bythe time Granada is force released, it's a Catholic country. I think Prawnstar's alliance with Aragon and Portugal helped prevent that and he had a lucky break in that Morocco took a province off Portugal gifting a Holy War.

Quest is also redundant: once you've uncovered all the sea provinces. I think you can sail all the seven seas in three years.

Congratulations! You've broken the economy (font placing)! :)

Tell me Prawn, by now there is absolutely no country that will be of any concern to you, but early on there were times when you had to tread carefully so as not to overwhelm yourself. At what point in this game do you think you got to the stage where no one (or no coalition) could cause you any trouble?

Could you do a test run and see how taxes and production change if the capital moves to mainland Europe?

Would be interesting for understanding tariffs.

I'm left scratching my head with all this help Granda take Castillian provinces. In my experience Castille steamrollers Granada and annexwes and then sends in a missionary to Granada to convert and often bythe time Granada is force released, it's a Catholic country.

Either run nationalist rebels in any remaining Muslim provinces or try to avoid them being annexed in the first place. Either way, act early. In the Malerun AAR PrawnStar mentioned, Granada ended up pretty much replacing Castille (in addition to their own provinces of course).

And really, for proof of feasibility you don't have to look any further than Chapter One in this AAR - with the speed PrawnStar was in Iberia, this trick could have been used. Granada was still there after all.

Either run nationalist rebels in any remaining Muslim provinces or try to avoid them being annexed in the first place. Either way, act early. In the Malerun AAR PrawnStar mentioned, Granada ended up pretty much replacing Castille (in addition to their own provinces of course).

And really, for proof of feasibility you don't have to look any further than Chapter One in this AAR - with the speed PrawnStar was in Iberia, this trick could have been used. Granada was still there after all.

Indeed he was quick, he could also let Castille annex Granada just before really entering the war and then let Granada revolt free. Triggering a war of independance so that a muslim Granada annexed Castille once and for all. Although you need to be very careful afterwards. The new country doesn't have cores on Castillan land and risk collapsing during the first war and Castille re-emerging :wacko: On the other hand, if this new country (muslim) survive, it can take care of Portugal and Aragon for you, but that would be rather cheesy, wouldn't it ?

Could you do a test run and see how taxes and production change if the capital moves to mainland Europe?

Would be interesting for understanding tariffs.

Just about everything in Africa and Asia would become connected territory, I think, so production would go up and taxes as well.

101 provinces, R/CR in 3-4 years... At this rate, you're looking at an epic failure NOT to succeed. Let's go into the math...

There are 91 civilized provinces left. Of those, 5 are your cores, which leaves 86 BB provinces. Assuming there's no more consolidation or dividing, you're looking at an ideal state of 8 (OPM republics) + 3.2 (Shawnee) + 16 (free OPMs) + 1 (Ulm diplo annex) + 12 (Lorraine + 5 Burgundian provinces under current war) + 65 (rest o/t world under R/CR) + 3.8 (BB you have at 1-1-1750) BB left. That's 109 BB. At a rate of 3.62 BB drop per year, that's about 30 years and then a couple of months until 0. Your main problem is going to be keeping BB ticking down - there is a chance of you running out of BB, though the amount of OPMs still free might be enough to tide you over between wars. Also, it's 30 years to 0, but you can effectively finish once you're able to annex the last one without going over the limit, which would be anywhere between 5 and 8 years prior to 1780.

I think 1780 is a date to shoot for. 1785 at the latest.

Does anyone know if you gain BB from breaking truces?

No, you don´t, it just kills your stability, but he said, he´d gain one stability after 3 months, so it isn´t really relevant

It also gives you + 5 WE which might be more relevant.

What also might be worth checking out is if any remaining provinces hold cores of (defunct) hordes. If so, they can be released and colonized instead of having to pay precious BB.

It also gives you + 5 WE which might be more relevant.

What also might be worth checking out is if any remaining provinces hold cores of (defunct) hordes. If so, they can be released and colonized instead of having to pay precious BB.

While the horde was strong-ish in this game, I very much doubt that there are cores in Germany... Qin would be the only country where horde cores possibly exist.

Shawnee modernizing or embracing Christianity would be bad, improbable, however.

I'm left scratching my head with all this help Granda take Castillian provinces. In my experience Castille steamrollers Granada and annexwes and then sends in a missionary to Granada to convert and often bythe time Granada is force released, it's a Catholic country. I think Prawnstar's alliance with Aragon and Portugal helped prevent that and he had a lucky break in that Morocco took a province off Portugal gifting a Holy War.

Without pushing this thread off rail again, the easiest way is to ally with Portugal and Aragon at start, guarantee Granada at start and immediately accept the call to arms bringing both Portugal and Aragon with you. This is basically the plan PS used though I believe he got Aragon more for France than Castille. Castille indeed does try to steam roll Granada but with Aragon and Portugal in against them and assuming you're a major power like England or France you can assault most of their northern provinces before they take a single province.

Castille generally has 15k-20k troops but against 3 major powers they get crippled quickly and if played right Granada can actually take land off them in their peace deal. They often have a mission to save the andalucian people and thus get a free core out of whatever province the mission is for. A 4 province granada is stronger than 3 and with Castille crippled a bit they get time to prepare. If you are trying to encourage this sort of thing you may have to guarantee them a second time and come to their aid in a second war. What really turns the tide is if you take land off Castille as well as Portugal and possibly Aragon doing so as well. Castille quickly becomes a lessor, but still annoying because of toledo's gold, power.

Without pushing this thread off rail again, the easiest way is to ally with Portugal and Aragon at start, guarantee Granada at start and immediately accept the call to arms bringing both Portugal and Aragon with you. This is basically the plan PS used though I believe he got Aragon more for France than Castille. Castille indeed does try to steam roll Granada but with Aragon and Portugal in against them and assuming you're a major power like England or France you can assault most of their northern provinces before they take a single province.

Castille generally has 15k-20k troops but against 3 major powers they get crippled quickly and if played right Granada can actually take land off them in their peace deal. They often have a mission to save the andalucian people and thus get a free core out of whatever province the mission is for. A 4 province granada is stronger than 3 and with Castille crippled a bit they get time to prepare. If you are trying to encourage this sort of thing you may have to guarantee them a second time and come to their aid in a second war. What really turns the tide is if you take land off Castille as well as Portugal and possibly Aragon doing so as well. Castille quickly becomes a lessor, but still annoying because of toledo's gold, power.

Helping then in the first war gain territory is about all I am willing say before I think it becomes Cheesy. Only thing I could see is Granada will start declaring on you once they become a 8-10 Province minor. Also if power declare on Morocco it will bypass Granadian Guarantees.

So Prawn now that you have more money than you know what to do with I would like to see 100% tariff eff. and what are you doing with all those Magistrates now.

Helping then in the first war gain territory is about all I am willing say before I think it becomes Cheesy. Only thing I could see is Granada will start declaring on you once they become a 8-10 Province minor. Also if power declare on Morocco it will bypass Granadian Guarantees.

I don't really see how it's any different than prawn trying to encourage the hordes to eat OPM's. And if you want to talk about it from a real life context, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Now I sort of feel it's cheesey to do the work for Granada but that's mainly a shortcoming of the AI and the fact peace deals don't work like they would in real life where the war leader could hand off lands to their allies. Obviously opinions will vary but I think it's a perfectly reasonable strategy. Also, I generally use the 3 BB to knock off territory from Castille so it's not war just to save them.

As for them declaring on you.... yeah that does become a problem but they generally are inferior to you in tech and personally I always keep a 10k stack in spain anyways for rebels early on.