• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Isn't there at least 1, if no 2 provinces left in far Siberia, close to Kamchatka?
Though you might well have colonised the coast, at the point where you are in your game - which usually is a few years ahead of your updates ;)

Their controled by the AI do they need a reason?
Why I said seal the coast of europe way back when.

You could take the hit on Rhodes, Hansa and Holstein (or is it Sclesvig?). Seal off the coast and you've sealed Germany in. I'd take Austria out. No Austria and Burgundy has the power to consolidate Germany for you. Leave Austria in and you'll end up with a mess, with lots of OPMs all linked in alliance.
Taking northern Italy is a very good idea.

Siberia's coast looks all discovered, Burgundy has Quest so its colonial range is 600, plus any mods from a navigator and any bonuses the ai gets on very hard. I think it's a fair bet, Burgundy could colonize the west coast and send troops to deal wtih the natives. At least one of the Zulu provinces has been map spread for quite a while.

Last edited:
Hold on, there's something wrong with PrawnStar's Inevitable Empire flag...

RiZ35.png

Better?

Can someone explain the flag to me? I don't get it, and it makes me feel...not smart.

Would it have made sense to try to ally with Bohemia (gasp!) when they were going down hard, in hopes of just reclaiming Bohemia's homeland for itself and preventing some of those new OPMs? I don't know how new alliances work with ongoing wars so this may be a stupid question.

Can someone explain the flag to me? I don't get it, and it makes me feel...not smart.

In the quarters of the lions you can find the prawns, and in the quarters of the lily you can find the stars => prawnstar.

Anyway, I've been following this AAR (it's the only one I'm following on regular basis) and, as usual, it is truly amazing.
I support the idea of letting Germany alone, hoping in consilidation. But I'm a little worried by the size of Milan. I know you need them to consolidate Sweden for free, but some land grabbing in Italy (or better southern italy) should be taken into account.

All in all, great job!

One thing I worry about with the "take Milan's territories in Italy" is it moving its capital. Under what conditions does the AI do this again?

One thing I worry about with the "take Milan's territories in Italy" is it moving its capital. Under what conditions does the AI do this again?

Usually when it's isolated.
That's the reason why I said it would be better southern italy. That territory is already disconnected from the rest of the empire.

Which countries get the most cardinals besides you?

There might be BB-gains possible if you take out narrowminded countries/support innovative countries to get the Holy See for yourself.

Finally caught up with this! Great AAR!

Most of the time I find late game updates kinda boring, but the BB challenge is keeping this really interesting. Congrats on a great game.

I have nothing to insightful to say gameplay-wise. Keep the great pace!

I have just noticed that the name of this AAR abbreviates as THIEF :D.

Btw, I have missed your answer about forming GB. Is it still a part of the plan?

I have just noticed that the name of this AAR abbreviates as THIEF :D.

Btw, I have missed your answer about forming GB. Is it still a part of the plan?

Pretty sure he decided it wasn't worth it at some point, he already had the cores it would give him, or somesuch.

It would also seem that Prawnstar is having fun with acronyms (THIEF). :)

Burgundy needs ports to export their fine wines. Can't you instigate a Rostock Wine Party sometime before 1776? Looking good otherwise - Scandinavia looks a lot better without the horrid mess that was up there, but Milan needs to be small enough to fall. Then again, R/CR is ridiculously low-cost on BB. How are your techs looking nowadays? Any chance of getting R/CR in, say, 1765 or 1770 (15/10 years ahead of time respectively)?

Except that theregion producing Burgundy wine are in English hands :confused: As are all the region producing wine in the world :sad: That's horrible. "Wine of England" that just doesn't sound right, does it?
Austria does produce a very nice white wine, you know. Grüner Veltliner. Now the only free wine in the world. Looks like pilsner beer is the beverage of choice for freedom-loving Europeans.

Except that theregion producing Burgundy wine are in English hands :confused: As are all the region producing wine in the world :sad: That's horrible. "Wine of England" that just doesn't sound right, does it?

Pfalz and Baden produce wine, I think? Not Burgundy wine, for sure, but it is wine. :)