• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now you will be able to do the wooden wall ! :D
Not that it actually makes sense to have a wooden wall of England spanning over Europe and Asia up to China!

Superb

Never had a doubt if you started the war.:laugh:
But it looked far from fun.:D
That is a pretty good collection of cores.:cool:
If you were the only catholic you could control all the cardinals?

You know, despite warring solidly in the east for the last century or more, your conquests in western Europe are doing extraordinarily well. You seem to own all but ten or so provinces west of Germany!

3700 ducats in that last peacedeal? That's just about the entire fleet of Light Ships paid for, possibly with change. Of course, there's that pesky thing called maintenance, but eh, who cares about that. Also good to see several Boundary Disputes - I would contend that the disputes are only in the mind of the other nations though. As far as you're concerned, the entire world is yours. The Wu-dispute is somewhat annoying to engineer, not to mention that it'll be a few years before the engineering succeeds. On the other hand, that GH-turned-OPM-Muscovy dispute worked out rather nicely.

One thing I do wonder about - how's the prestige drain from all those random cores floating around? Sure, you just picked up 4 off Milan, but there's a couple that you can't or won't want to access yet because of truces and colonists.

Have I just ninja'd your ninja? :D

Yup. I had to re-write my second paragraph.

Your conclusion that you needed more troops in the west is the laconic response I was expecting. You need more troops, period and soon killstacks in the americas As for colonising to stop Khorasan rebels from forming, have no fear they will revolt constantly. You'll be forced to shift your national focus there and spend magistrates removing their cores on your provinces. From the Ming, ther will be a veritable feast of goodies - King Prawns in Ming chinaware another great deal from your local chinese takeaway.

Milan was generous emptying its treasury like that. The immediate concern isn't so much MIlan choosing QfTNW, but rather it loses a war and releases Novgorod, which does. It's still got Scandinavia to go at, but Bohemia has probably guaranteed them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew you were going to take them both on, you just needed to fight them separately, as to prevent getting bogged down.

However something tells me that's not the end of the troubles the HRE will throw your way. :p

Well done beating up all of Europe.

Pursuing fleeing foes with artillery armies isn't that hard. Versus the big AI stacks I usually team up one heavy stack with artillery with one or two non-artillery stacks, and the light stack(s) win the pursuit race for me. If the heavy stack fights alone it can detach the artillery to follow at their best speed for pursuit. Most European provinces are small enough that the artillery arrives in time to help out.

Oh, and congratulations on finally getting a boundary dispute on Burgundy. To bad it wasn't on Gelre as Burgundy is one of those countries that may pick up QftNW as their sixth or seventh NI.

Last edited:
Nice work. There was some comment about how the pace of this is 'slow' compared to previous PrawnStar efforts - don't sweat it! I'm impressed that anyone can do this for EU3. (I've done a lot of detailed play and writeup of Civ4, but have never been able to play any Paradox game from start to finish much less write up in detail every few game years).

Nice work. There was some comment about how the pace of this is 'slow' compared to previous PrawnStar efforts - don't sweat it! I'm impressed that anyone can do this for EU3. (I've done a lot of detailed play and writeup of Civ4, but have never been able to play any Paradox game from start to finish much less write up in detail every few game years).
Oh ,another familiar face from CFC ( You just played a SG of mine in there if my name in here doesn't ring a bell :D ) ;) I also have to try to post a game in here someday ...

Back on topic and @Prawnstar, it look that you followed mine and other suggestion of breaking the war with Milan and Bohemia in two and that it worked as good as expectable ( you won in the end , butit was far from painless ). I wonder if stab hitting Milan was wise, though ( probably necessary , OFC ), since it will most likely plunge the Milanese non- Italian possessions in revolt ... and probably to see a bunch of OPM appearing, especially in Milanese Greece. Not optimal :/

Anyway, you have another batch of fresh cores to grab ( the Bohemian one could had come a little earlier , though :p ), so you will have plenty of wars to do in the next update. It is also expectable to see Milan trying to get their cores back ( supposing that atleast Savoie was already cored ) as soon as the truce runs out, so you need to treat the European situation with extreme care ( and yes, you need more troops in France, since you might end fighting 3 wars in there soon ( Bohemia, Burgundy and revanchist Milan ) ). The rest .... well you didn't exactly needed the cores in Hindustan and Brunei ( same for the Kazakh one ), but as they are there ... :p I just hope you get to Japan still in Holy War time and that those wars with Brunei and Hindustan will not delay you ;)

Well done grinding that one out, with some WE, yes, but that's to be expected. Now you won't necessarily have to give a single thought to winning wars against those guys in ~50 years if you don't want to, that's plenty of time to get stronger in Europe. :) OF course, you might have to worry about not losing one if the attack you.

Any idea why they were suddenly willing to deal? Did they just suffer some major losses, did someone else DoW them, or was it just because? Good thing that Bohemia was willing to deal early however.

I liked the wording "Khorasani menace". As they're clearly the menace here! :D

Khorasan is a menace. Its stubborn insistence on independence could easily make a difference of 4BB.

Interesting screenshot of the Himalaya area. It seems that confronted with your might the Son of Heaven looks to the barbarian hinterlands to restore at least some sense of his former grandeur. Time to cut Ming off from the tribes. If you didn't play ahead, you could use the current war to take the western borderlands; they should be fairly cheap in terms of warscore. Although a fan of neat borders, I'd advocate opportunity in your case. All the border disputes on Holy War targets make a tangle of them in any case. You'd want to Holy War whenever possible and leave those disputed lands, if necessary as enclaves, for wars of opportunity when you have the time/BB to spare. IIRC new claims don't run out until after the Holy War CB does. (I applaud your no cheese test for Holy Wars starting around that time. True sportsmanship.)

Well done on the European wars. Personally I probably would have waited a little longer, but you're the master. Any particular reason to strike now, when you still had ca. 15 years leeway? Also, why didn't you take Hainaut? Doesn't your CB apply to Milan's allies? And will you ever form Great Britain now that you don't need the cores anymore?

Also, why didn't you take Hainaut? Doesn't your CB apply to Milan's allies?

He'd already signed separate peace with Burgundy by the time he got the core.

Aragon wants Gonder -misread the names as Aragorn wants Gondor and thought how very Lord of the Rings. Sauron is in the land of Mordor where the khorasani dwell. They must be related for Khorason just keeps coming back. TYhen I did wonder how Aragon manageed to get a core on Gonder. Was there a brief Aragonese colony in a neighbouring Ethipian province long enough to give a core on Gonder? I realised that Milan lost a stack in Russia and not you. You should really lose one army tackling both Milan and Bohemia.

If you're really lucky, you'll get a core on Macao and then flip Hanau to create a 2PM called Wu. Burgundy was allied to Milan and Bohemia is Emperor. If that's still the case , gettign your Burgundian core would require fighting all three at the same time. Your powers of separation ought to be able to force separate wars, but it's hardly worth it for 1 core on Bohemia and one on Burgundy. Where 's that DIP 9 giving you useful cores? Soliamsk turned out useful after all, didn't it.
Looking forward to the provinces you are about to rip from the Ming.

Aragon wants Gonder -misread the names as Aragorn wants Gondor and thought how very Lord of the Rings. Sauron is in the land of Mordor where the khorasani dwell. They must be related for Khorason just keeps coming back. TYhen I did wonder how Aragon manageed to get a core on Gonder. Was there a brief Aragonese colony in a neighbouring Ethipian province long enough to give a core on Gonder? I realised that Milan lost a stack in Russia and not you. You should really lose one army tackling both Milan and Bohemia.

If you're really lucky, you'll get a core on Macao and then flip Hanau to create a 2PM called Wu. Burgundy was allied to Milan and Bohemia is Emperor. If that's still the case , gettign your Burgundian core would require fighting all three at the same time. Your powers of separation ought to be able to force separate wars, but it's hardly worth it for 1 core on Bohemia and one on Burgundy. Where 's that DIP 9 giving you useful cores? Soliamsk turned out useful after all, didn't it.
Looking forward to the provinces you are about to rip from the Ming.

The Aragon thing - IIRC, it's an easter egg: Aragon has a mission 'Become the king of Gonder' which grants a conquest CB on it.