• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm glad to have caught on of your AAR's in progress, rather then the usual ashes of your foes spread over a hundred some pages I usually find when I run into one of your AARs. :)

I've tried several times to play a WC game with England and always make some sort of death spiral mistake, so this is rather educational. :)

The game really wants to put you against Bohemia ;) Besides that, business as usual: pounding heathens with Holy war CB and superior tech army :p I'm also curious how are you going to deal with Ming ( i would take their western provinces first to isolate the hordes, but going against the coastal provinces might be better in the long run )

BTW and as the day of warring Japan is apparently coming soon enough ( maybe 3/4 updates in the future, especially if they continue pounding on Brunei ? ), I am preparing popcorns to see how are you going to deal with all of the shogunate mess. In fact that is probably the most educational moment left in this AAR ...

Only 16 provinces off Ming. I was hoping for a couple more.

A DIP 9 ruler and only 1 Boundary dispute in 5 years. Perhaps the taking of cores speeds up the appearance of more. Aragon, Milan and Bohemia beckon in the west. That's assuming you're planning to take as much of Ming as quickly as possible. I'm certain you're heading for land 22 to get some decent cavalry. That may be why you're shying away from Hindustan and the western powers. You're not making any move soon against Khorasan, so you may as well let it play out.

Last edited:
You seem to be moving forward nice and easy, cutting thru pretty much anyone that looks at you funny. Also a joy to see a WC campaign.

Oh , this is good , but I'm sure there are a lot of unshown rebels ... hopefully they are much easier to dispatch as a western european power!

Only 16 provinces off Ming. I was hoping for a couple more.

A DIP 9 ruler and only 1 Boundary dispute in 5 years. Perhaps the taking of cores speeds up the appearance of more. Aragon, Milan and Bohemia beckon in the west. That's assuming you're planning to take as much of Ming as quickly as possible. I'm certain you're heading for land 22 to get some decent cavalry. That may be why you're shying away from Hindustan and the western powers. You're not making any move soon against Khorasan, so you may as well let it play out.

Well, 16 infamy is a lot. You decrease your papal influence and so your number of cardinals with too much infamy. And this means less infamy reduction.

Besides, he was probably very close to zero infamy at the time of peace.

17 provinces were taken in the first peace deal with Hindustan. Unless a cardinal dies and another country has a better chance of a cardinal and gets that replacement, there's no reduction in BB burn. Brunei may recover its home island from the japanese and may take the fight to japan's home islands. If left alone for the time being.

Just finished reading all your EU3 AAR's. I'm Impressed! This is some epic stuff you're pulling off. Can't wait for more.

BTW in one of them you were complaining about pirates and said that's why you usually play Russian games. Do you think you will ever do an ARR based as one of them? Maybe something like OPM Yaroslavl and go for WD? :D

Nice going so far - I'll definitely be keeping up with this AAR!

Going back to the start of the AAR, what was the reason for hiring the ambassador advisers? (think the screenshots showed you picked one right at the start and a 5 or 6 star one not long after that)

Vologda - Guess they needed to use magistrates and had plenty of gold. :laugh:
Ming nice peace. next war are you going up the coast?
Another BD with Bohemia. :eek:hmy:
Best of luck.

Was the war with Ming really that uneventful? (could you post relative land techs and unit stats?)
Is there any chance of Ming getting a significant unit upgrade like Hindustan did before you finish tearing them apart?

Last edited: