• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Great going. I see you're starting to have some more troops available in critical theaters. What's causing this, improved rebel situation, less enemies to worry about elsewhere?

Having such a long-lived DIP 9 ruler is a nice bonus especially now that your Boundary Disputes aren't firing on nomads, let's hope for more breaks so you can succeed here (HRE forming would probably be the ultimate one)!

Bohemia's strength means the OPM aren't going to grow.Taking the cores in Bohemia and revoking vassilizations should enable consolidation.

You've got Mali to take provinces off too, if Hindustan is taking to much warscore for its provinces to tide you over til truce expires. I think all Chagatai will do is make Khorasan its vassal again. True, you don't have enough forces to cope with the armies the Timurids and Hindustan have to start a serious campaign against the Ming. You do have the tech advantage and the Himalyas. The ai will throw army after army to die in the mountains. You're planning to take the Timurid border lands which will reduce their numbers. Taking Ceylon will prove interesting. Taking Brunei will require a navy, but you ought to be able to to take quite a few provinces off them.

Your ruler and two main advisors are getting long in the tooth. You should be preparing to replace them. Hope you do as well in DIP stakes and levels as you currently have.

Bad Idea Probably He wants them to consolidate as Much as possible most likely Forming the HRE places a very powerful enemy for him to fight but removes all the Possible Infamy Penalties that come from Unlawful HRE territory. On Balance a formed HRE is probably a good thing.

Unlawful Territory BB penalties only apply when you're an HRE member nation. He will get stab hits if the "return of X" province event fires before he can withdraw it from the Empire, but those don't come with BB penalties. The bigger worry I'd say is getting a bunch of extra BB from annexing OPMs - even if he's got revolution and counter-revolution by the time he starts gobbling them, 2BB/province is still worse than 1.

Eighty years of Holy War to go. You've made good progress against Hindustan while its provinces were still relatively cheap. You should be able to finish them off before 1650 - province cost is now a bigger obstacle than BB. Very well done creating all those Indian TPMs. Well done too on softening up the Ming by drawing them across the Himalaya. And now a well-timed attack on Bohemia just when it is embroiled in the biggest HRE civil war it could still get. Whose side is Baden on? Can you get Breisgau out of this war?

Chief Ragusa has already pointed to Mali as a potential BB-boosting victim to tide you over to the next Hindustan war. I think Maledives and Ceylon should also be on the list. Your NI gives you Holy War on infidels you don't border, right? And 70,000 troops in theater, with the tech difference, should be enough to win against Ming or Brunei. Looks like the others won't give you enough BB to tide you over to the next Hindustan war on their own.

I'd like to see how your tech compares to the Europeans, particularly Bohemia. I'm sure you can win the war with lower tech (after your GH campaign, of course!) but I'd still like to know.

And by the way, kudos for nice suits and punk. There can't be that many people who take an interest in both.

And by the way, kudos for nice suits and punk. There can't be that many people who take an interest in both.

What do you mean, they fit together just as nicely as his interests in decorative gravel and conquering the world! :D

You can move your capital to someplace in the Balkans, that way your capital will be land connected to your asian/african provinces and still be in Europe to be on the same continent with the European provinces.
This will reduce the number of "colonies" and increase your income and decrease the need for ships.

You can move your capital to someplace in the Balkans, that way your capital will be land connected to your asian/african provinces and still be in Europe to be on the same continent with the European provinces.
This will reduce the number of "colonies" and increase your income and decrease the need for ships.

That's gamey.

You're in no hurry to get this aragonese core back as you can't have additionnal border disputes.
Nice progression in India , and a war to distract Bohemia while oyu are reconquering your two cores.
revoking vassalizations may prevent them to consolidate , though.

That's gamey.
Not necessarily. How many countries already changed their caps to more central positions or even to a whole new continent ( like Portugal did once ;) )? (BtW are you the uat2d of CFC ? ;) )

Anyway and on topic, good to see that you are going to make a European war. You can't really let the remaining euros to go with their businesses now that the 2nd wave colonizers should be getting QftNW soon. As some of them are in the HRE, getting a 5-year free hand on the empire after the end of the bohemian war looks a good idea. Not mentioning that beating Bohemia down a peg or two is also needed :p

Last edited:

Prawstar has said he plans to stay at London

Very few, in fact, other than Portugal, I can't recall another country moving the capital to another landmass, specially as a permanent decision. Portugal moved to Brasil because of the Napoleonic invasion and then moved back when it was safe.

And yes, it's me, what to do :p

Indeed, but then, a vague "land connection" hasn't been sufficient to constitute non-colonial status either. Colonial provinces are gamey in itself, It's simply not having to build a huge otherwise useless armada, imho. Rome having a second capital in Constantinople would be a meaningful example, methinks (moving to other "culture group"). A sufficiently continental England would've moved eastwards, simply because the locals would have become influential, too. Having the capital in, say, France or Thrace is not the same as the new world, either. But as London is to stay capital, this is moot.

In my own England WC I moved the capital to Thrace once it had cored and re-named it "New London." I thought it was rather fitting for an empire that controlled the top half of Africa, the western half of Europe, and most of Asia. Capital moves carry a pretty big penalty as it is. I have a hrd time accepting "gamey."

Obviously, though, if Prawnstar doesn't want to do it, Prawnstar don't gots to do it. This is someone who completed a WC without switching from a tribal government, after all.

In my own England WC I moved the capital to Thrace once it had cored and re-named it "New London." I thought it was rather fitting for an empire that controlled the top half of Africa, the western half of Europe, and most of Asia. Capital moves carry a pretty big penalty as it is. I have a hrd time accepting "gamey."

Obviously, though, if Prawnstar doesn't want to do it, Prawnstar don't gots to do it. This is someone who completed a WC without switching from a tribal government, after all.

Speaking of insane WCs, ever imagined a MP WC AAR? :p

Good luck in this round with Bohemia.:laugh:
Asia is looking better.

FEEDBACK

Roof fixed in the end - hole in the flashing only £45! I have got some water damaged plasterwork so that'll need replacing before I look at selling :(

aldriq - The plan at the moment is to Holy War in Asia but pick off any cores that arise in Europe.

Selenimar - We can make them, they just ain't worth the paper they're written on. Unless if says unknown :)

Thandros - Brunei and Ming after Hindustan - they are next in line. I'm really straightforward about this I just conquer the country directly in front of me. Hopefully I'll have a very large chunk of Asia before 1650. After 1650 I'll switch to Imperialism CB which works just as well in Europe as in Asia.

Arakhor - Changeable is spot on.

Magnive - They have the edge on me.

Floodturka - I'll be trying to take what I can of my cores - if things go well enough.

homy_dog34 - Bohemia has more troops, better tech and is far more war optomised - I won't be smashing them aside any time soon.

Thandros - Yes, a united HRE will be very hard fighting but it'll save a lot of BB.

Yelnoc - Thanks.

Comrade Kalle - Interesting as in 'Interesting Times'.

Duke of Britain & Thandros - I don't know so I don't take the chance! I leave the Empire ASAP.

Malurous - I've built more troops :) There's three main concentrations; France, Russia and India. Boundary disputes work with the nomads and while an instant core is always nice they don't save BB.

Chief Ragusa - I'm not sure how the HRE will play out but there's a lot of time to go for consolidation by someone. There's enough BB one way or another to keep me going in Asia. You're right that the Chagatai/Khorasan thing isn't working out very well yet.

Displacement - Thanks for the explanation. Agree that having to munch a string of OPMs will be a pain - and probably why this attempt will fail :(

Barsoom - I'm now hoping Hindustan will be gone by 1600 :) The Indian minors will all get mopped up as well soonish. Good point on Breisgau watch this space! Bohemia will be a hard, hard war.

Malurous - That's me famous for bloody gravel!

varonel, Duke of Britain, Memento Mori, uat2d, Chieron, Displacement - House rules, the capital is staying put. It has to be somewhere and London has ruled a bigger Empire than Paris or Constantinople.

sprites - I'm happy to grab the core off Aragon if an opportunity arises, there's another Aragonese province that might 'boundary dispute'.

Ricardo Rolo - I don't 'think' anyone else will take QftNW that soon but hopefully I'll win the colonial race - I have a better position overall.

dragonizer - Thanks, I'll need it!

BootOnFace - Didn't realise you do delivery service - must have chucked your leaflet out along with all the crap one of the little ones in the family calls 'Pizza Post'.