• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably LOL - it's a lovely bit of kit, grey Italian lightweight 2 button. Will go very well with the £85 shirts (I buy 5 for £100 in the sales at an upmarket menswear place each year) and the £350 coat, cufflinks, no tie. Scarf in winter. It's my meet the customer / take me seriously gear.

I know, I know, it makes me sound like I'm a José Mourinho fanboy but the man can dress sharp!

Sorry if you've answered this question before but what do you actually do for a living?

Last edited:
No cheese is right in the rules! This is a no cheese WC. And I actually did read Chinese Cheese as well. I've been reading AARs since Prawnstar was doing the France WC without going over the infamy limit. I followed Rebels Without A Pause from the beginning. I think this truly makes me the king of lurkers.

FEEDBACK

Tallfellow & Arakhor - That's the general idea.

Avindian - Me neither but I haven't played a lot of DW.

PiriReis - I'm not wildly excited about forming Britain, there's only one extra core (Orkney) and the two moves centralised are both over my current limit on that slider.

homy_dog34 - I do a fair bit of tinkering in the Khorasan thing but not with any great success yet (a decade later).

Barsoom - I guess that the papacy would end up in Rhodes taking over the Knights unless the HRE releases Rome - more Papal fun coming up. I've disbanded the COT in Astrakhan - why? Well all those provinces will trade in other COTs I own - specifically I wanted to boost Fars and Hormouz as they give a colonist boost unlike Astrakhan. Construction remains focused on Trade buildings across Western Europe - eventually I'll get the Level 6 spam going and my Trade Efficiency and Income will go through the roof. Aragon is annoying but patience is the answer.

The Indian minors respond pretty well to treatment and should help speed things up. Yes you're right about my hopeless pessimism on the 1600 frontline - India will have all but fallen by then and I'll be driving further East.

I always try and respond - only polite if people are prepared to read and comment. I don't think I've ever had anyone say anything too stupid or unpleasant which is nice :)

MrQwerty - A unified HRE has the potential to save huge amounts of BB - that's probably two dozen OPMs gone - but it'll be a hard fight to take down. Bohemia generally has a strong lock on the Imperial throne that looks like Burgundy's best showing in a long time.

Floodturka - I still doubt there will be many if any other colonisers - most countries are loaded up with Military NIs - even the Theocracies and Traders have several.

Doug Dimmadome - Welcome to the forum and thanks for your first post. I mainly revoke cores because I can no real science to it other than I hate not using war score in peace deals!

no7892142 - You're probably right there - I'm not looking forward to the wars though!

Shirohi - It's a fair point and you're right after a certain point there's not much challenge from the game itself. vasziljevics has it right about house rules. Now I play the game and write AARs simply to test out various scenarios and let other players see what may or may not be possible. Bear in mind I expect to fail at a no cheese under the BB limit WC.

sprites - I'm happy enough colonising Africa right now - I'm some way from QftNW so I might as well get the African colonies out the way now.

dragonizer - Habit and self-discipline. I know self-discipline isn't a popular concept in modern popular culture but it pays dividends in RL as well as in-game.

Zozo - Alas colonising the Hordes doesn't work like that. My colonial range isn't calculated from my cored border province - no too obvious - but from my nearest cored port - Bahrain!

Ricardo Rolo I want certain limited specfic revolts in Northern India - just enough to turn the OPMs into TPMs. Nothing else will get the opportunity - I plan to take enough provinces to seal Hindustan out no matter what. I'll keep trying things in Khorasan, there's some good ideas been mentioned. Aragon hasn't got QftNW it was some sort of mapspread discovery. Not exactly sure how because the occupied province next door is still TI.

aldriq - Defender of the WC faith? Err OK then - I assert the right of all forumites to use (gender appropriate) toilets.

Chief Ragusa - Good spots, Aragon hasn't Quest and there's no COT in Astrakhan. The nomads aren't doing terribly well right now but I'll give them a few more chances. I'm confident I acn reengineer the Indian OPMs - English funded cultural patriots in isolated provinces should do the trick. I'm not sure about the Northern route to Manchu, it'll be slow colonising all that way might be quicker going a bit further south...

Dauth - Well it's 1550 right now so you're a little off there but 1575 to be starting on SE Asia sounds reasonable. Ming or Brunei next still not sure tbh but one of those guys will get wiped for 1650. Japan is likely a much later game target. No one else is colonising and I don't plan on QftNW until Gov't 25 or maybe even 33. I doubt Bohemia will be much of a coloniser, Aragon is small, the Scandies are getting hammered senseless so my money would be on Milan or Burgundy if anyone.

Floodturka - The key point is do they find land themselves or rely on mapspread. The objective is to stop/control mapspread so no one else gets a shot at colonies.

Merrick Chance' - Had a quick look online but at the mo I've stopped reading fantasy now the Malazan series is finished - I guess it the sameyness of those teenage all american protagonists that bores me. I'm mainly reading Sci-fi (Charles Stross right now) and cultural history - stuff about punk and consumerism.

blsteen - Something like that :)

Duke of Britain - Aragon will be chastised only with an appropriate CB.

Barsoom - I imagine so - just odd that Cameroon which is unsettled became known without discovery of the adjacent occpied Malian province.

sprites - Yes, Mali has some great potential - had a very fun IN game as them fighting off the Iberians until I westernised and then I got 'Iroquois' on their case :)

Zozo - Mali had converted everything already - I think 'cultural engineering' stills works - we need a new kebzero AAR but he's not been around much lately.

Jonclore - Hello and thanks for your long delayed first post! No cheese, sentiments to be applauded (except at lunch time). Nice to see you come out of lurkerdom - authors like comments :)

Memento Mori - Two years then he complains about fermented milk - surely he'll fit in just fine around here?

dragonizer - Maybe...

EU3NOOB - Thanks.

Arakhor - There's no point buying a cheap suit - they look bad and make the wearer look comical. The whole 'I've borrowed this from my brother cos I'm due up before the magistrates' look isn't that good

Beelz - I work for an IT multinational advising on software licensing strategy - I dress above my pay grade quite often to game the corporate politics - on several occasions people have assumed I'm the departmental head (two grades up from me) and he's my sidekick. It's all angling to get on to interesting projects and stay out of the backwater Business As Usual stuff - there's no promotion for just keeping things ticking over.

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

War in India! - January 1559

18lu0j.jpg

That’s actually three wars. A main conflict with Hindustan and allies with separate attacks on Bihar and Deva Bengal - both two province minors. Somewhere along the way Bihar has absorbed Nepal; no idea how. I hadn’t realised until I started trying to identify which provinces I wanted to isolate so that they might defect to an OPM to make a TPM.

Early spring, another boundary dispute with Bohemia.

t6v76e.jpg

More Aragonese colonists…

15n5bo5.jpg

Annoying but with all those natives I can burn them out.

Bihar is annexed in August

2z5kw1s.jpg

Shortly after a colonial company event fires in Whydah - I wonder what will happen to the incoming Aragonese colonist? Nothing as it turns out - I get the foreign settlement icon to the end of the month then it’s just a normal colony.

nve1a8.jpg

Deva Bengal is annexed in November

bdkymd.jpg

India’s now split in two and planning has to turn to the question of South East Asia or China next? Whatever the answer there aren’t enough troops in theatre. The Timurids reappear 40,000 strong at the start of 1560 but I’m confident they can be beaten back and some territory taken quite easily.

Peace with Hindustan - August 1560

28wjyuu.jpg

BB is 13.60 / 24.00 falling at 2.30 a year.

By the start of 1562 the Timurids are completely occupied and I’m intent on taking some border provinces.

War with Khorasan - November 1562

9a5xco.jpg

This is a fairly straightforward attempt to shake up the situation in Khorasan so that the nomads move south again. Boundary dispute with Punjab - I’ll take this in the next round of Indian wars.

2r2os3r.jpg

By July 1563 I’ve occupied Chagatai and retreated my troops out of theatre so I make peace forcing them to cancel the vasselisation of Khorasan. The next day nomad Chagatai is back at war with Khorasan. Let’s hope for a more desirable outcome this time.

Elsewhere there’s been more chaos in the life of the Pope. Rome was restored to the Cologne based Papacy some six years ago to form a three province Rheinlander cultured Papal State that somehow was a vassal of the Hansa… The Hansa proceed to diploannex the Papal State in late 1563 so the Pope reappears in Mainz!

After a couple of quiet years BB has reached 2.17 / 24.00 in August 1565. On the other hand my truce with Hindustan has expired.

w35v6.jpg

War is declared on Hindustan (Holy War for a chunk of provinces), Maharashtra (Holy War to annex), Assam (Holy War to annex) and Punjab (Reconquest for Sutlej).

efflm8.jpg

Did you see what I did there? It’s round about 200,000 enemies while I’ve about 70,000 in theatre. Maharastra is annexed in Mid-September and Sutlej claimed at the start of October.

August 1566 and a boundary dispute produces a core one of Baden’s provinces. The war against Hindustan is now at +87 and Ming’s 150,000 soldiers are starting to appear on the frontline…

2u4jv46.jpg

Peace in India - September 1566

2gsj2x5.jpg

With Assam and Hindustan out the war I just need to persuade Ming it’s time for peace. U-Tsang has been left Hindustani in the hope it will revolt and defect to OPM Tibet. Hindustan’s provinces are getting expensive and I can’t get enough to get from peace to peace any more.

BB is 12.75 / 24.00 falling at 2.20 a year.

My diplo 9 ruler has been in the saddle nearly 50 years!

wkl36q.jpg

Ming accepts a white peace offer in October having just lost 40,000 men attacking English positions in the Himalayas. A couple of months later I notice the Maldives (a minor Brunei ally) has landed a regiment in Hindustan. Let the world tremble! March 1567 brings a boundary dispute with Hindustan giving me a core on Kondavidu.

Late December 1568 - a boundary dispute with Aragon!

21omz3a.jpg

But why are my troops in shot marching away? Bohemia is at war with a Burgundian coalition that includes the Hansa…

February 1569

ayojfs.jpg

I’ve actually got about 100,000 soldiers available to fight this war.

Nice change of theatre at the end – not that you didn't exact everything you wanted from Asia before that :D

aldriq - Defender of the WC faith? Err OK then - I assert the right of all forumites to use (gender appropriate) toilets.

:rofl: From World Conquest to Water Closet there is only a few cups of tea in between...

Is your roof sorted yet? Looks like the rain is going to stay until Friday :(

Last edited:
A Brit making a long-term weather forecast? *faints dramatically*

Not really It's always raining even during Droughts in this Country. Great Update Hindustan is now down for the count so on to the Reduction of the Ming After Japan and Korea. Then Europe and the New World I guess.

Oh we can, most definitely. If it doesn't involve the words "rainy", "generally miserable" or simply "changeable", it's going to be wrong. :)

Are you going to try and revoke some reforms or are you just taking your rightful cores?

Bad Idea Probably He wants them to consolidate as Much as possible most likely Forming the HRE places a very powerful enemy for him to fight but removes all the Possible Infamy Penalties that come from Unlawful HRE territory. On Balance a formed HRE is probably a good thing.

Bad Idea Probably He wants them to consolidate as Much as possible most likely Forming the HRE places a very powerful enemy for him to fight but removes all the Possible Infamy Penalties that come from Unlawful HRE territory. On Balance a formed HRE is probably a good thing.

Actually, he isn't in the HRE so he gets no unlawful territory infamy penalty...
But yes, i suppose he will want an unified HRE, cheaper to eat it infamy-wise than all those OPMs...