+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 59 84 ... LastLast

Thread: The Historic Inevitabilty of Epic Failure

Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete

You're only one province away from Kazakh that spreads up to China so with that core on Uralsk you should be able to colonize your way to China ?

Are Bihar or Deva Bengal vassals of Hinsdustan ( or atleast Hindustan has Military access ? ) Otherwise I'm seeing that northern part of Hindustan rebelling fast, with or without your help. Atleast Bihar should be a revolter, since you need Bihar and a core in Bihar to form Hindustan ...

On Khorasan ... I guess that if you want the Timmies or Chagatai to consolidate north you need to do what others suggested: DoW Khorasan, wait for Chagatai to barge in and force Chagatai to end vassalisation and Khorasan to end tribute with the Timmies. And then wait ...

BTW you most likely need to beat Aragon down fast. If they can get to Cameroon they can get to the Americas ( atleast to the Brazilian shores ) if the learn the way , not mentioning all the shore between Morocco and Cameroon ( and probably Madeira, Canary Islands and Cape Verde ).

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sneaky, sneaky Aragón... By the way, have you got round to setting your national focus? Again, it would help speed up colonisation in critical areas like Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by PiriReis View Post
    Well the pope must be proud of you
    Indeed he must be, PrawnStar is THE defender of the WC faith!
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The April AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Certainly a very sneaky Aragon. They don't look as though they have Quest.

I couldn't spot the CoT in Astrakhan. Has it gone? To Baybaktu, a capital? You're one province off the Kazakh Horde and the express route to Manchu.

You can't trust the Timurids to annex anyone. I think you did have to switch colonists to west africa. You'll be able to resume settling those lands next time. As for Hindustan, those OPMs just won't help you. The provinces, they go two by two. You're taking Hindustan provinces a lot quicker. You'll have to take Khorasan. Push on to south east asia, too.

Interesting position Bohemia has the Holy Roman Empire. Perhaps, you ought to break Bohemia.

A united HRE would make a good end boss. I'm going to hazard some numbers here for locaitons and times which may or may not work out.

1550 to the line in the Timmies and a bulk of India dealt with. 1575 for SE Asia and 1600 for the Island chains. 1600 Also is the start of the great Ming munching which will take a while. Japan is always fiddly so you will do this in your own time. If no one has spat our colonists then its a late QFTNW or just have them appear and annex whenever. Does the HRE colonise? Bohemia is not set up for it really so you may only have to deal with Scandies.
    Check out the EU3 wiki here.
    Also see my personal Project Section

Quote Originally Posted by Dauth View Post
    Does the HRE colonise? Bohemia is not set up for it really so you may only have to deal with Scandies.
    I think I saw Hansa colonise once or twice. If they do, they'll be far more successful than Scandies, and a lot harder to take down since they're in HRE..

Comte de Purchase Merrick Chance''s Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Prawnstar: The Bartimaeus trilogy is a really superb YA series involving a British empire which was predicated on the use of magic. Unlike the magical world in Harry Potter though, the wizards far more realistically use their power to take control over the government and set up a dictatorship. The British empire then spans most of the world, with the biggest threats being the occasional usurper and an incipient commoner revolt.

Also, why are you choosing not to go British?
    Enough! You talk of the people's rights. The people only have those rights that I choose to give them, and that is for their own good, believe me--Dr.Doom

"Don't get me wrong, I am a strong fan of historical AARs and I believe that yours is the best I have ever read" --Ar7
    "This is /amazing/"--Scrollreader
    The Lords of Prussia: from feudalism to modernity: a Magna Mundi historybook AAR

"I was a fan of Lords of Prussia and your French sequel is just as good if not even better." --Jape
    Lords of France: Roads to the Enlightenment: A Magna Mundi historybook AAR

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Ah the Aragonese being determined to leave the cage of English Redtm
    Now to Plassey! Then to Canton! With a detour by the Summer Palace.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Aragon is clearly insulting the english by taking the lawfully english province of Cameroon! Perhaps a lesson to the Aragonese is in order?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Can this be the cause of Aragonese expansion? From your second-to-last chapter:

Quote Originally Posted by PrawnStar View Post
    November 1549 and 150 years into the game map spread gives me a map of civilised Asia. No more invasions of TI against 100k stacks! I find Socotra, better get around to building some transports.
    Clearly Bohemia got the same map, explaining how they could declare war on Bengal, even if they had no way of reaching it. IIRC Mali is muslim. Don't know if it's also muslim tech, but if it is, wouldn't it be considered "civilized" for map spread purposes? The same 150 year map spread would then give Christian Europe their map, which would include all their provinces as well as all those they know, so certainly neighboring Cameroon.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Mali is african tech , but muslim religion.
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Second Lieutenant
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete

Are the ex-Oyo provinces you took from Mali still animist ? In DW, is it still possible do some religious change with animist zealots then cultural shift with conversion of animist province as IN ?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldVictoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Zozo View Post
    Are the ex-Oyo provinces you took from Mali still animist ? In DW, is it still possible do some religious change with animist zealots then cultural shift with conversion of animist province as IN ?
    No cheese! Yes, I chose this as my first post.

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Jonclore View Post
    ... You joined a whole 2 years ago and make the first comment about the lack of fermented milk?! O_o

Or was it a reference to a famous Chinese aar of old, to make a statement that you did not post, but lurked the whole time?

East India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars

EPIC and in the true spirit of a PrawnStar AAR
    I AM A WARMONGER, I DO WC's 136+
    "Whenever you do anything, Act as if all the world were watching" (THOMAS JEFFERSON)

Hey everyone! It's cheesey-McCheesits from epictown! Greatest first post ever!

Great game, Prawnstaar!
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Byzantium

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Apologies all but updates delayed due to real life rotary object/fecal matter interaction.

Among other things I have had two buckets of rainwater come through my bathroom ceiling in the last 36 hours and you try getting hold of a roofer on the sunday morning of a double bank holiday weekend. No joy on that but it'll be expensive and of course occured two days after I spent £300 on a new suit (yes I did buy it in a sale and I had a £90 credit note and it still cost £300...)

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by PrawnStar View Post
    ... occured two days after I spent £300 on a new suit (yes I did buy it in a sale and I had a £90 credit note and it still cost £300...)
    sorry to hear all that, these things have a habit of going wrong at the most expensive of times.

wonder if the suit will take over from the decorative gravel as the object of ongoing debate?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by loki100 View Post
    wonder if the suit will take over from the decorative gravel as the object of ongoing debate?
    Probably LOL - it's a lovely bit of kit, grey Italian lightweight 2 button. Will go very well with the £85 shirts (I buy 5 for £100 in the sales at an upmarket menswear place each year) and the £350 coat, cufflinks, no tie. Scarf in winter. It's my meet the customer / take me seriously gear.

I know, I know, it makes me sound like I'm a José Mourinho fanboy but the man can dress sharp!

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sounds terribly posh. Shame about the weather though!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 59 84 ... LastLast