• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
110 seems a lot , maybe you should take some religious decisions to improve it! (gilded iconography? :D)

Thinking about it , you should also save hordes from the manchu , but they will chew them much slower than Bohemia would!

I assume Chief Ragusa is referring to the slowness of missionary work, to pile up 110 ducats of missionary maintenance ( really, that should quite a handful of them sipping wine and watching the countryside girls instead of being preaching :D )
Well, they're catholic, they're not supposed to do more than look at those girls. And sipping wine! There's a specific part of the service when they get to do that. You're right, there are more than 20 missionaries at work simultaneously.

I'm far from expert in gameplay and mechanics and the like but... wouldn't be cheaper to take Humanist Tolerance than converting all those provinces?

It's not necessarily a better decision. One, you won't get the same level of tolerance until you can get Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite (you'll be at 0 max, including decisions, until then), and you won't get the same tax benefits and RR reduction until you get to the +3/+4 for the same religion provinces. Plus, using up two NI slots is a pretty big deal. You also won't get culture flips. And your revolters will be religious zealots, which are a bit nastier than nationalists IMO and much nastier than particularists. Finally, and most importantly for PrawnStar's purposes, you don't get Curia seats from non-Catholic provinces, hence no BB reduction bonuses.

I think the next NI will be Quest for the New World.I,m not certain, but I think all the religious decisions that could have an impact on conversion chances have been taken. I don't think the magistrates for extra forts could have been spared from what Prawnstar needs to do to be ready to spam trade 6 buildings across his empire.

OK that's a bucketload of comments - I'll try and respond tomorrow night as well as play up to 1550 and do a batch of 'Round the Empire' screenshots.

On the 'is he really spending that much money on missionaries' debate - yes and there's a screenshot in the last update showing my missionaries in the outliner.

FEEDBACK​

loki100 - The aggressive tendancies are all about the flock wallpaper, he's a frustrated interior designer.

Thandros - Westernised Hindustan would be nasty but doesn't seem likely.

homy_dog34 - It's probably the first time all game I haven't be looking around for more BB.

Athalcor - I know, some of those results were crazy.

Floodturka - Province cost falls as a country gets bigger - it's a gameplay mechanic to let you grab a decent number of provinces for beating up a big country without having to march to the ends of the earth. I remember a game before this (so 1.21 or 1.3) where I had to achieve 90+ scores over Ming 20 times to annex and that meant marching to Beijing 20 times :(

Porkman - It's not that mechanistic. In general the approach differs based on whether or not I want a lot from a war. If I don't want much I try and avoid enemy armies (unless they are easy prey) and storm enough provinces to get the war score for what I want. If I want a lot then I need to break their armies which means exhausting their manpower reserves. Being in hostile territory generally costs manpower through attrition so starting on the defensive can drain their reserves without fighting. Once they've bleed it's time to fight. If/when I gain the upper hand I generally reclaim any lost provinces quickly as occupied territory causes war exhaustion. You can get +40 war score through battles alone so a decent peace deal can be achieved without massive invasions if you've won enough battles.

In that last update Bohemia invaded Russia in winter; there's a famous quote about not interfering when the enemy is making a mistake :)

The let them come you approach is easier for large countries as the impact of having a couple of provinces occupied is low - works for small countries as well but it's harder to pull off and the margins of error are much smaller.

homy_dog34 - Good points.

Floodturka - Yes, occupation driven revolt risk can get quite high in the Nomad territories - Horde Mordvar had+27 by the time my settlement completed. Pro tip - let rebels take an occupied province and then reclaim it if you're not ready to settle it yet - resets the occupation clock :)

Ricardo Rolo - Indian Trade? there's more than one condition and Thrace + Bithynia have rather different ownership :( BB is pretty high I'm just going to let it run down before another drive into India.

mathl33t - I'm nowhere near 100% tariff efficiency

il_loco - I keep forgeting to use SoI - only vassel Guyenne.

Bamboozle - Seven years looks about right - so through a truce and then a couple of years to get ready to make peace again.

Fyregecko - Bohemia worries me. HRE manpower, equivalent tech, near equivalent force size and a horde of vassals and allies

Duke of Britain - More like a sixth of India and income from distant provinces isn't based around land connection any more - it's about tariff efficiency which relates to navy size.

Chief Ragusa - Novgorod is too weak to really fight me; no idea why Bohemia peaced out they could have done a load more damage. BB is mostly being saved to punch through India for South East Asia but I'll pick up some consolidations later.

Barsoom - The battle outcomes seriously surprised me - but +6 defensive advantage and +6 generals made a huge difference. The war with the Horde lasted 60 years - 1481 - 1541.

dragonizer - WP'd Hindustan's allies just to get them out the way. The advice I'd give is write up a game as you play in a word doc and get a feel for what works for you - i.e. practice a bit :)

Axe27 - They're still a bit too big for that but in a couple more wars it will be a different matter. Now when are you restating your AAR - I enjoyed it :)

Chamboozer - Fair point, I really need to avoid OPMs.

Anjwalker - Holy War works up to 1650 :)

Thandros - Yes, thanks.

Malurous - Nice wasn't it - I wasn't expecting to get quite that much!

vasziljevics - He was the King - but they do have a new King now.

sprites - Good points as always

aldriq - Definitely Pyrrhic victories for Hindustan.

Dingokidneys - Remember I'm trying to conquer the world without going over the BB limit - which is not easy and may not be possible - I don't do easy games for AARs :) Italy is an inefficient use of BB right now. It's about opportunity cost, I can take non Christian provinces for 1BB before 1650 so a full price (4BB) Italian province now means I can't take four provinces somewhere else.

FireBlaze - Exactly.

What would be really cool, in this world gone mad, would be if one of the european minors had successfully landed in the New World, and because the natives never had to deal with massive colonization, that one European colony is instead a source of Latin tech and westernization, leading to the eventual formation of a modernized aztec empire that will bring England to it's knees.

What sort of lunatic would write an AAR about Native Americans fighting back and overrunning Europe?

Oh ;)

isansom - Sounds familiar doesn't it. New World colonisation can wait another century or so - no real hurry but I'll probably start once the Nomads are gone and I have colonists spare.

Chief Ragusa - It feels too slow to me but there's a long way to go and I'm looking at a century of rapid expansion in Asia.

Barsoom - I think it's a bit slow but I'm certainly happy I've made the right moves overall so far. Early days, too early to have a genuine feel for how it will work out.

Ricardo Rolo & Chief Ragusa - Actually the missionaries are doing OK - I gain 3.05 a year, use them all and the number active isn't rising so I must be making three conversions a year or so as well. I don't bother reporting much about tis 'cos it gets tedious tbh.

sprites - I've taken the decisions I just use every missionary I generate :)

Barsoom - 20 - 22 missionaries at any one time.

vasziljevics - Displacement seems to have it covered!

Displacement - What you said! Thanks. Humanist tolerance also reduces Papal Influence which I want high.

Chief Ragusa - I'm not going to waste magistrates on forts - they all go on economic buildings.

Personguyfellow - Thanks! always nice to know people are enjoying.

Omen - Never fear you've found your way here, at the current rate I'll finish around the end of the year.

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE​

Little of interest happens for the next year; just rebels and warnings from minors. April 1546 brings a boundary dispute with Steppe Nomad Nogai and I gain a core on Uralsk. Decent province but I can get it BB free anyway. The Hansa annex the Papal State in mid 1547 and the Pope reappears in Cologne soon after. No real interest tbh until I realise my relationship with the Pope has fallen from +198 to -199. Time to spam diplomats to get out of danger of excommunication. By October 1548 I’m bored so war is declared on Mali and Mutapa.

Early 1549 and I get another Boundary dispute although I’m not too sure how this one will work out…

ilm2dg.jpg

The attack on Mutapa was badly thought out, essentially unplanned. My weak six regiment stack ran out of morale two provinces and 13 war score deep at the end of May. Enough to extort 1250 ducats and of course uncover another province.

Peace with Mali - July 1549

5ulj0o.jpg

This just tidies up the border a bit.

November 1549 and 150 years into the game map spread gives me a map of civilised Asia. No more invasions of TI against 100k stacks! I find Socotra, better get around to building some transports.

And then it’s 1550 - BB is 7.00 / 24.00 falling at 2.40 a year.

The Court and Scandinavia

34yaaz6.jpg

So Milan has eight provinces in shot and that’s Bohemia in western Norway. Gotland is free so will probably do it’s usual hyper trader thing and that’s Burgundy in Osel. Riga isn’t in Riga while the Livonian Order which is, is Sunni. The Teutonic order is a slightly darker grey than Prussia, both are Monarchies.

Next to that the English court just fades into the background.

The Budget and Italy

11azqxt.jpg

If Rome’s the Hansa I hate to think of the question. Dauphine is Bohemian while France is an OPM. Let’s hope for consolidation but there’s a long way to go. Inflation at 5.8% is unfortunate hence the Inflation guy in the Court.

The Military and the Western Timurids

1zxp643.jpg

Troop numbers rise steadily while the Timurid holding in the Middle East won’t last too much longer.

Ideas, Sliders and the Eastern Timurids

2vns7cl.jpg

The plan here is simply to keep settling provinces, I’m not far from the original proposed stop line but I may push past that. As far as ideas go I’m thinking NTP, QftNW, Cabinet then LoO but that’s very far from a settled plan.

National Decisions and India

23r8ei1.jpg

Highlighted is the Indian Trade Company - I’m a long way from Naval 20 and it’s a low priority.

Nations by Income

14weyhc.jpg

I don’t feel rich, half that inflation came from a corruption event.

Leadership

348n9qa.jpg

Armies

2qvbt.jpg

Navies

f845g.jpg

Pies

r8xs0z.jpg

Trade

el87lk.jpg

I only trade in my own COTs - non cored COT penalties make trying elsewhere pointless. I have been able to get six merchants to stick most of the time.

The World

28vu1y8.jpg

Well, seems like the game has been favouring a bit your expansion in Iberia :D
And what is your plan now about tariffs? Seems like spamming Light Ships will be the only way to get 100% eff.

Like i said before, shame you can't get production income from Asia or Africa thanks to capital not being on the mainland, sometimes i wish the game allowed for islands and such to count as being land connected to the mainland, but oh well :(

(And ugh, i understimated vanilla India size, damn me not playing vanilla a lot since long ago :p)

Looks great. What is your province count and total province in DW?
Haven't bought it yet and curious.:blink:

That target line across India for 1600 looks a bit conservative. With your skill in the game. Unless I'm very much mistaken you have about 120 BB burn in 50 years, that should be good for 120 provinces - say 110 if you have to annex every OPM currently on the map (in India, that is). It doesn't look too bad to me, Hindustan did a bit of consolidation for you and should do some more if you take care to leave them bordering the OPMs in your next few peace deals. You're not planning major expansion somewhere else, are you?

I wonder why you didn't seal off the Mediterranean coastline earlier. Or is it sealed when the other European powers have no territory actually bordering the Timurids?

English Manpower = 220k
Bohemian Manpower = 201k

English Armies = 240k (Spread over 3 continents)
Bohemian Armies = 217k (Concentrated in east slavic provinces, and that's not even counting their vassals and allies)

Whoops. Maybe a little too much consolidation? Bohemia seems to be eating everything that's not HRE..

Prawnstar, prepare to be manhandled! :laugh:

Jesus god that's a bad pun with the hansa thing

If you added tons more barques, wouldn't the added income allow you to build a far larger army? +70 dc/month would probably buy you a couple of stacks

Perhaps you could leave the non-Anatolian Timmies for a while, so they eat up a few OPMs? And take land from Hindustan in a way that they still border some minors? Perhaps you could even give them some subsidies if you don't have a cash flow problem (I have no idea could you give subsidies to a horde...)

About Europe, I guess it would be a big problem military-wise, but also an excellent opportunity BB-wise if someone formed the HRE. Which of the reform were passed to this point, as is there any way you could help with them being passed faster?

If the Hansa's Rome ... What is the Pope's preferred perfume?

Did racking your BB up as far as you did in Hindustan give any problems keeping the cardinals onside, or do cardinals not care about infamy in DW?