• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Audacious stuff, far be it from me to offer any tactical advice when it comes to EU3 to a master of the game such as yourself! I'm simply looking forward to seeing how things will pan out.

Khorasan,Kashmir,Delhi and others over and through. Once you reach Manchu 5 wars will be at the coast. :eek:
WS costs Lucknow 30+ Agra,Ouda,Maithil high teens low 20s.
I see no problems with all of India and aisa by 1650.:laugh:
Other than possible lack of troops.
I usually play minors in se asia or india.
Current game is France first time in 5 years of playing EUIII.

Have you considered dismantling the HRE to make sure germany cleans itself up a bit during your mopping up of china? This would have the side effect of creating a very strong power (probably bohemia) there, though.

That's mighty uncooperative of Hinudstan not to put its armies where you could destroy them quickly. I think you still ned to take that Timurid province off them and smash their armies, small as they are. Your current mission is no help to your world conquest. Hope the next one is more useful - like vassilize France.

The north eastern Timurid lands border the Kazakh and Oirat Hordes and Tibet. Colonizing through eastern Kazakh brings a border with Manchu possibly as early as the 1580s. Plunging through northern India suggests you intend to take a more or less a single province width set of provinces off Hindustan. This minimises the time to get to south east asia and maximises the number of provinces that ought to be brought out of TI. This sttrategy requires at least two more armies possibly as early as the second war with Hindustan.

FEEDBACK​

Thandros - I'll probably tackle Brunei in the periods when I'm in a truce with Ming :)

tamius23 - Yes, where else would it be? I posted a screenie a couple of updates back.

Barsoom - Yes the point of containing the Europeans is that consolidation will occur - Bohemia and Milan are the usual suspects here. Explorers, meh I'll do it the hard way - gives my stacks a chance to recover morale after the last fortress storming. It is Manchu.

morningSIDEr - You know I'm not convinced I'm actuallythat good at this game - I just play a lot (as in far too much).

dragonizer - Remember province costs in peace deals are dependant on the size of the enemy so the first set from Hindustan will be pretty cheap.

Zvetiki - Norway is a mess but they just keep fighting wars...

stnikolauswagne - I don't have the military to take on Bohemia to dismantle the HRE - anyway they may just solve that problem for me.

Chief Ragusa - Don't worry about Hindustan's war with the Timurids, something intervenes ;) I won't cut a one province wide strip across India but I will push hard for the East.

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

I couldn’t see any point to sitting around waiting for something to happen so…

War with Hindustan

2199oxy.jpg

Lots of them aren’t there.

Burgundy declares War! May 1540

208tezd.jpg

Someone didn’t read the diplomatic screen properly did they LOL. I can spare a Fire 6 / Shock 3 General for this front along with another nearly as good and Military Tradition is still at 82%. That said I was rather relieved when I realised Milan was on my side! The Swiss are peaced out very quickly for a few ducats and cores as I storm a fortress and Milan pours North.

Early exchanges go well in India

2wn05k1.jpg

Novgorod declares War!

mw8qwm.jpg

Meh.

Second Kandahar - looks like most of the enemy army is pouring in there.

1z1cylz.jpg

I broke off so my stack didn’t run out of morale. Still not exactly a bad defeat. By September Novgorod and Burgundy are both forced to empty their treasuries for peace. Only Bohemia and Milan are a concern.

Sometimes invading TI isn’t that clever…

av38tz.jpg

Defeated again in retreat

2use59t.jpg

I imagine I’m bleeding Hindustan something hard here. As soon as I’ve regained morale I’ll push forward. I doubt they can face too many of those meat grinders.

Bohemia attacks - July 1541

2m7u87n.jpg

Bother. I suppose I’ll just have to suck up war exhaustion until they get bored. Although they are only Land 17 so maybe I can lay some smack down.

October 1541 and the long war with the Golden Horde is over.

16hw7k1.jpg

War progress - January 1542

20r206a.jpg

That map of Russia is ugly - I am massively outnumbered and suffering. The only good thing is Bohemia’s war exhaustion is climbing like a rocket in the Russian winter. Elsewhere I’ve peaced out all of Hindustan’s allies and that lot is 80% of their military.

Bohemia accept a white peace offer weeks later - not sure why I only had +5 war score and they had a lot of troops. Looking good for the end game boss!

War progress - January 1543

2qsmdmg.jpg

BB is 2.89 / 24.00 falling at 2.20

Some bonus info down the right hand side for you all. The missionaries are costing 110 ducats a year! Days later a boundary dispute gives me a core on Timurid Van - a province I plan to colonise in a few years. The battles have long since lost any interest as Hindustan can’t raise armies on the same scale as the start of the war. As April starts I need to top-up BB so war with Mentese…

2wcii6b.jpg

Mentese is annexed soon after.

35jx94i.jpg

By November a heavily beaten Hindustan is offering peace.

2v9yngj.jpg

Not good enough. With BB still around three I can push a bit further into TI before pulling my armies home.

1544 starts with a Boundary dispute giving me a core on Aragonese Salamanca. I’m very tempted run BB down to near zero before peace with Hindustan to see if I can get some more cores this way.

2zxuuf8.jpg

April and Chernigov coring removes overextension! It won’t last.

6tpk0p.jpg

The core plan works - but it’s a core on Timurid Karaman. All cores are good BUT a core on a Nomad province that can be taken for 0BB anyway and probably has minimal buildings is disappointing. By September I’m falling back in India - at around +90 war score I can add enough BB. I’m going to get warning spammed so I might as well get a quick war declaration in before peace with Hindustan…

e6awhs.jpg

Roughly two months later I’m up one university province.

By March 1545 BB is down to 0.15 / 24.00 falling at 2.10 a year.

Peace with Hindustan - March 1545

mszz8g.jpg

Tea AND curry, you didn’t really expect me to hold back did you?

But I could use the war score for liberating countries to just take provinces? In fact I'll probably have to take land as I burn BB pretty fast.

Oh now I see. I've always had the impression that, for the roughly the same peace cost, you could liberate a lot more provinces than you can take for yourself. And then you could annex them all before your truce with the big baddie runs out..

But I've never seen this many enemy cores being taken in a single war, and just now I realized that the limiting factor wasn't the peace cost, but infamy limit. Wow.

What exactly determines the cost of a province, other than CB's? I remember being unable to annex three province minors for their provinces cost too much. Base tax and trade value must be a big factor, I guess. What else? Why were Indian provinces so cheap?

Let's hope Hindustan is no where near westernising or else the next war could get painful.

AI doesn't really try to westernize. It is more concerned with spamming constables in low base tax/grain provinces and running its inflation through the roof while minting to build the aforementioned constables.

Last edited:
Not being a big EU3 player how much of a tradeoff is the War exhaustion vs losing provinces? Just because reading this it seems like your modus operandi is too let the enemy take a bunch of your provinces, but the loss of troops due to attrition followed by crushing their army in decisive battle and seizing one important province leads to you winning despite them holding a lot of territory. When you lose a province, do you think how many enemy troops do you have to kill to even this out?

Not being a big EU3 player how much of a tradeoff is the War exhaustion vs losing provinces? Just because reading this it seems like your modus operandi is too let the enemy take a bunch of your provinces, but the loss of troops due to attrition followed by crushing their army in decisive battle and seizing one important province leads to you winning despite them holding a lot of territory. When you lose a province, do you think how many enemy troops do you have to kill to even this out?
Letting the enemy occupy your provinces does not cause you very many problems. However, it does raise their warscore, and it does lessen your economy, so it's only advisable to do something like that on purpose if you have a large nation.
Provinces can't be related to troops in a ratio, seeing as different nations might have more provinces or troops than another, making losses null and void. Also, should you be fighting an enemy, say, 3 Province Minor, if they are occupying 15 of your provinces out of say 100 total, but you are occupying all of theirs, you will have the upper hand, because they have no more homeland to create troops from, and have an economy.

Oh, one last thing. If I'm not mistaken, revolt risk increases by 1 for every year you occupy an enemy province. How much timmy land are you currently occupying?

Must be incredibly boring to fight uprisings from the bottom so often ;)

Now that was quite a peace deal ... 105 prestige ;) And now you can enact the EIC , that will give you some more pennies. BTW the Bosphorus Sound Toll ( and the Denmark one as well ... and you need to put some order in the Scandinavia before they start thinking on colonizing ) would also be nice to grab for the same reasons, and you only need Thrace + Bithynia ( Morea + Candar, I assume ? ) for it, two short wars for you and where you can use the Holy War CB, I guess.

Anyway, now you have 5 years of peace with Hindustan and a couple of years of peace with Bohemia, Burgundy and the Swiss, so it is time for some splendid little wars. Your war exaustion is quite respectable, so there would little issues with those. So what ae you going to do now ? Round up Khorasan and whoever is ocupying Panipat ? Going south in Africa ? Some devious evil plan regarding the HRE, as some suggested above ( that is, dismantling it to allow some consolidation on Germany ) ? Italy, to beat up Savoy and those other 2nd wave colonisers ? Scandinavia, for the same reasons ?

Wow, now that 's a peace deal!

I never really thought about how much BB taking Hindustan down would entail, but that peace deal alone is what 7 and a half years to burn down?

Kurkawodna. That's not a peace deal, that's a bloody continent!

Splendid advances. Could we get a look at the Largest Armies ledger page? I'd be interested to see if there's anyone who can even vaguely match you, or any potential alliances you might have to worry about.