• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good job on Bohemia. Diplomatic map looks like most of my games once I get rolling.:eek:hmy:

Gutsy move going against Bohemia. Guess you'll be on their DoW every 5 years list. Just like Aragon and the nomads.
Have you already spent the magistrate taking Sundgau out of the HRE or are awaiting one?

That Hindustan fleet is where it was because the Timurids and Hindustan are fighting. As for going overland, it appears the Hindustanis are making haste towards the English. Must be the tea they want to sell you. You can build up a fleet in the Red Sea, if you wanted to quite quickly once the provinces have cored. You can walk to Zanzibar providing you can pull any defending fleet away. And you don't need to settle Majerteen yet, either to transport troops.Taking Socotra off Yemen may well have to wait for QfTNW. The problem is getting the sea province around Socotra to reveal itself to you. So Yemen will have to wait.

After the loss of a nearly completed colony in Kazan, are you sending troops to defend the colonies you have near to completion?

Milan looks like it is kicking the stuffing out of the Sicilians and somebody is seiging Albania - who? Milan would appear to be on the way to becoming your chief rival in the med.

22 years to 1550 - that's 48 BB reduction and 80-100 colonists depending on when you reach the NI and take CV. Take 30 BB from Mali, 2 from Persia, 2 from Oman and 9 from Ottomans plus 7.25 current is a projected BB of 2.25. Estimate d 2 colonists per colony and time does the rest =40 colonies:2 West African, 4 GH and 34 Timurid. I assume your advisers are Missionary chance boosting, Infamy reducing and the colonist growth boosting ones. 4.25 if Mentese is attacked and 0.25 if the timurids take 4 otto provinces and clear the Ottos from the provinces they have taken. You may even be hoping for Bithynia to fall to the Timurids and then to you. You'd then have a 100 years to drive east and pretty much colonize everything outside the Americas. Not saying you will do that, just that you could do something like that were you so minded.

Could you describe in a little more detail how you made the "stab hits" against Bohemia work ? I read about this idea in the Iroquese AAR but I wouldn't know how to apply it in my games.

Spring 1524 and I get a boundary dispute on Persia…

But how exactly do I dispute the Boundary with people I don’t know?

That is simple : you are not knowing the eastern border of Irak-i-Arab as you don't see it , so your diplomats were fooled by irakis!
33 day revolts? I don't know where rebels find heir morale , they can usually siege/storm a lot quicker than my armies do!

Could you describe in a little more detail how you made the "stab hits" against Bohemia work ? I read about this idea in the Iroquese AAR but I wouldn't know how to apply it in my games.

If you have a large enough difference between warscore you demand and actual warscore when you go to demand peace, and the enemy says no anyway, they lose 1 stability. It's frequently useful against very stubborn AI powers with large armies who don't realise they've been beaten already.

Another AAR-follower reports in, it's a good read so far! I reckon Kiev was a good pick considering that hitting Bohemia harder could have become a Pyrrhic victory. I've realised that Boundary Disputes are a bit more common than I thought, it's my leaders that are lacking...

Keep up the good work, I'll read up on your other AAR's when given time. :)

Last edited:
If you have a large enough difference between warscore you demand and actual warscore when you go to demand peace, and the enemy says no anyway, they lose 1 stability. It's frequently useful against very stubborn AI powers with large armies who don't realise they've been beaten already.

If you look when making the peace it will say something like, "This deal is better than they expect, there will be unrest if they don't accept it."

If you look when making the peace it will say something like, "This deal is better than they expect, there will be unrest if they don't accept it."

Well, but in fact... they usually accept ! It must also read "They would not accept this offer", I guess.

Good stuff as ever, Bohemia being weakened especially useful.

Mali declares war in January, hopefully another phoney war.

I'm not surprised you are left hoping Mali has merely begun another phoney war, were she to ever muster her full strength she'd likely prove nigh on unstoppable!

Well, but in fact... they usually accept ! It must also read "They would not accept this offer", I guess.

Exactly. Usually if a country still has a good army in the field and/or high war capacity they won't accept reasonable peace deals even at 40-60% war score. That is when you use this to hopefully wreck their war capacity and make them willing to negotiate.

Exactly. Usually if a country still has a good army in the field and/or high war capacity they won't accept reasonable peace deals even at 40-60% war score. That is when you use this to hopefully wreck their war capacity and make them willing to negotiate.

And combine with high war exhaustion, you can hope for country revolts/large nations collapse, which in this instance I don't Prawnstar would particularly have a problem with :p

Just wondering. Your army stacks are 5/11/0 for now, are there any reasons for that ? Is this conifguration easier for assaulting ? Finally how do you manage to avoid WE while fighting the horde for 41 years ? Does that mean 41 years without peace at all ?

Just wondering. Your army stacks are 5/11/0 for now, are there any reasons for that ? Is this conifguration easier for assaulting ? Finally how do you manage to avoid WE while fighting the horde for 41 years ? Does that mean 41 years without peace at all ?

When you fight horde, you're still at "peace" as far as WE goes meaning you still get the -WE from peace.
Also taking only provinces adjacent to yours and keeping your armies on your territory while chasing the horde off and colonize.

FEEDBACK​

Barsoom - Pretty much for the Horde, Astrakhan and Samara and then ignore them until I break through to India and can spare the colonists to finish them. The Timmies plan is basically I want it all - a path to India and everything east of Persia that someone else might grab.

Tallfellow - Excellent, welcome :)

homy_dog34 - I actually want Bohemia to blob and take out lots of euro minors; cheaper for BB and end game boss fight.

dragonizer - Shame it's not IN when I could just annex all the minors :)

Chief Ragusa - I might be OK with Bohemia as neither province was a Bohemian core. I had a magistrate queued for Sundgau :) I normally defend my colonies (stack in the area) just had to switch all my troops in Russia to the Bohemian front - figured I'd have time to march back if there was a problem - got that call wrong. I might find Socotra through other tech group map spread - 1599 I think. Milan royally thumps Sicily and Albania's peasants are revolting but in such small numbers they can't progress a siege. Overall plan is sound although details will vary. I will probably be finished using colonists on the Nomads by 1600 so a big push then to paint the map.

Axe27 - EU4 will be great after the second patch to the third expansion - actually I'll probably love it or loathe it long before then. I'd like to see a more complex multistep modernisation process that applies to everyone.

il_loco - I wanted to occupy their land to ramp up WE.

sprites - It's very anoying losing provinces to rebels that fast - not much chance to respond.

Ltn.Owning - Of course I'm still going - I've finished every AAR I've started and this one has barely warmed up :)

PiriReis - Bohemia is still a problem if they catch me unready.

rustic - Glad you like it, the other AARs are in the same style so you may enjoy them as well - be warned I drag these things out and they do go on a bit...

diegoami, Rabid & Bamboozle - Looks like you guys understand how to stab hit when the opportunity is there but I suspect the original intent was how do you create a stab hitting oppportunity? Essentially you have to have a siginificant war score against an undefeated enemy. In practice that generally means 35 - 40 war score against someone with an intact army and 100 war capacity. Easily enough done by beating up minor players in the enemy coalition - their suffering doesn't matter to the big enemy you're trying to hurt. To build the war score win lots of battles without wiping enemy stacks or taking land.

morningSIDEr - Alas Mali will disappoint you :(

Angry_Norway _ I want to slow Bohemia a little but not break them!

W0LV3R1N3 - Honoured to have your first post here :) The idea of the Iroquois game was to prove that Native American success was possible so it's always nice to hear about people going out and doing it as well.

Zozo - The Hordes don't count as being at war - otherwise WE would be a bigger problem. Noithing special about stack composition I'm not an expert - naggy used to be the go to guy on stuff like that.

varonel - Yes that's it. I have mentioned earlier my Horde fighting technique was based around defending a one province settlement strip from my land. It's different now against the timmies because my Land Tech is so much better they just die on contact.