+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 ... LastLast

Thread: The Historic Inevitabilty of Epic Failure

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    i didn't even no what i have gotten into apparently, it just sounded funny so in i subbed.

Second Lieutenant arosenberger14's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Semper FiVictoria 2

Looks interesting, I'll definitely keep up with this! A piece of advice if I may - as each cardinal gives a -0.10 infamy staying Catholic and cuddling up to the Pope is a must for you. It is ridiculously easy to get 4 to 6 cardinals at once after you've grown a bit and the cumulative effect on infamy is enormous.
    Follow the Teutonic Order's quest to unite Germany in The Iron Cross Triumphant my ongoing histoyrbook AAR!

WritAAR of the week 1/22/12!

Wow a new Prawnstar AAR! I must say that I have read all your past AAR's, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. This definitely warrants leaving lurker-dom!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeah , a new Prewnstar AAR!
    France is avoiding you the trouble of declaring war
    Portugal must havefailed hard to cede a province like this to Morocco!
    no more unfinished IN AAR's

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cresilia View Post
    Wow a new Prawnstar AAR! I must say that I have read all your past AAR's, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. This definitely warrants leaving lurker-dom!
    ha call your self a lurker, i spent six months before my first post, now look at me, spending far to much time in OT.

Darkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Yay! Good luck, Prawnstar, I'm sure you can do this.

One question - are you going to generally follow the 'typical' route of almost constant Holy Wars until the mid-1600s to gain as much of non-Christian land as possible? Or is there another long-term strategy?

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Great to see another AAR from you. Subscribed of course.

Yeah you just can't avoid the French for very long in an England start...
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod123 View Post
    ha call your self a lurker, i spent six months before my first post, now look at me, spending far to much time in OT.
    Oh I only registered when I picked up my copy of EU3 complete, I have been lurking for far longer than two months

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Go, Prawnstar, with the home nation too!
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2EU3 Collectors EditionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Feedback

nimrod123 - Hello and welcome, you may have stumbled over this by accident but I have what the police call 'form' on writing long slightly silly AARs. The one where the Iroquois went crazy and the one were some idiot kept the Horde tribal for the whole game - that was me!

MizarNX - I don't follow the missions that much in this game - I need BB faster.

JKNUBZ - Not sure now on the opening slider (I'm currently at 1440) but it won't be Centralisation - I never do that as I hate revolts before I've had a chance to get ready.

DeadeyeDave - I know guarantee Granada is an autowar with Castile but I really need BB fast. Actually fueling the diplomacy machine is quite tricky in the early game.

Trinitrotoluen - Likely to be Noble Republic, Administrative Republic, Republican Dictatorship. War exhaustion is a problem since peace is generally unwelcome and yes I'm looking forward to Paris.

arosenberger14 - I've played a test game, I'm staying Catholic.

Cresilia - Welcome to the forum, it's not the real Internet we're nice

Legolas - Yes it'll be Holy War from the moment I have control of Western Europe to 1650. I aim to make it to the Pacific in Southern China by that point - in a straight line from Morocco.

tamius23, sactwu, Hydroloc, Jstebby, bananafishtoday, Avindian, Athalcor, loki100, CivandEUIII, Tanzhang (譚張), Memento Mori, scholar, sprites, Malurous, Arakhor - Hi everyone, welcome and I hope you all enjoy.

and finally

blsteen - I knew someone would mention the gravel good to see you

Update later, possibly tonight maybe tomorrow evening.

Apparently I need to buy some more gravel.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"Sunset Invasion isn't ASB - it's just Prawnstar playing CK2" Athalcor
    "If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq
    "You were prawn under a conquering stAAR!" Arakhor

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So finally here it is, your promised 5.1 AAR. Good luck with it, it'll be very interesting to see you play with the new mechanics. That French DoW is surely a good thing!

I see you are slightly bothered by the decision of your beloved Newcastle United to whor...hire up the stadium name... I personally don't think it matters much as people will never refer to it by the new stupid name, only the media commentators will. Then again, maybe you should embrace it and find a sponsor for your AAR to pay the photobucket fees. Something like 'The More Th>n Historic Inevitability of Epic Failure'
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The April AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Nice, a new Prawnstar AAR. I'll be sure to follow this one.

I'm not sure how viable a non-cheesy WC is in DW, but England is definitely has a better chance than most thanks to the good missions it gets at the start.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

More Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    So finally here it is, your promised 5.1 AAR. Good luck with it, it'll be very interesting to see you play with the new mechanics. That French DoW is surely a good thing!

I see you are slightly bothered by the decision of your beloved Newcastle United to whor...hire up the stadium name... I personally don't think it matters much as people will never refer to it by the new stupid name, only the media commentators will. Then again, maybe you should embrace it and find a sponsor for your AAR to pay the photobucket fees. Something like 'The More Th>n Historic Inevitability of Epic Failure'
    If I do go for sponsorship surely a purveyor of fine aggregates to the landscaping urbanite would be appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by Sybot View Post
    Nice, a new Prawnstar AAR. I'll be sure to follow this one.

I'm not sure how viable a non-cheesy WC is in DW, but England is definitely has a better chance than most thanks to the good missions it gets at the start.

I'm not convinced it's viable either tbh that's why I'm giving it a go The test game fell quite a long way short.

My AARs: EU3 England, Golden Horde, France, Iroquois, Castile / EU2 Finland / My Inkwell

"If EU3 had exiled prawn-like aliens he'd be the first one to do a WC with them..." aldriq

Chapter Two

The French bring their friends, the usual vassal pack and Scotland while Portugal and Aragon join me. Scotland is a problem, Iím confident I can beat them but my entire army is currently stuck in southern Spain. Theyíll have a good run at seizing northern England - war exhaustion time.

Granada annexed - September 1407

Peace with Castile - April 1408

Andalusia has been the goal all along. At 3BB a province in a defensive war this isnít the cheapest peace deal ever but the benefits are considerable. Castile, one of the great rivals in the colonisation race has lost a chunk of coastline, itís COT, army, navy, treasury and picked up 12 points of war exhaustion. Nice. Itís June 1411 before I can force a White Peace from France. War exhaustion is 4.88. BB is 8.4 / 24.99 falling at 1 point a year. Iíve also got a couple of warnings; Jalayirids (wtf?) and BurgundyÖ A day later Aragon call me to their war with Sardinia. I accept despite the war exhaustion problems as I need Aragon against Castile. Itís only weeks later when I peace out.

November 1411 and I reach Govít 4 and time for a National Idea. Two options here; Military Drill to fight in Western Europe or Divine Supremacy to fight in North Africa. Iíll probably take the second choice at the next opportunity (Govít 9) anyway.

A cup of tea later, itís Mil Drill - France and Aragon have taken it.

I have a Holy War CB (1BB a province) against Morocco as long as I have that border in Portugal. As Morocco is already at war with Portugal and Castile the CB wonít last long so despite my war exhaustion problems I DOW. The war lasts until the middle of 1415 but thereís very little of note. Portugal and Castile had already done most of the hard work even if they hadnít set many sieges. Portugal goes on to reclaim itís homeland province and take Tangiers.

Peace with Morocco - June 1415

BB is 9.08 / 25.00. With the new borders I now have the Holy War CB against Algiers and Morocco. Ideally Iíd like to take down one of Burgundy/Castile/France/Portugal; but I only have CBs on Burgundy protected by Imperial Bohemia and France protected by Burgundyís warning. A year later BB drops under 8 and war exhaustion is down to 0.28. Time to use the Holy War CB on Algiers, a key objective has to be a border with Tunisia.

Itís all going reasonably well midsummer 1417 when

Oh.

Ruler of Somewhere else Thandros's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

In a Secret Underground Bunker 50km beneath the Earth's surface
    You have started Righting another AAR and I didn't notice until now. I really have to pay more attention.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think that "oh" is by far the most polite thing that could be said in that situation.
    Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Ancestor Moth scribe for CK 2: Elder Kings - can you rival Tiber Septim's power?
    Burgundy: A Dream of Lotharingia (a Death & Taxes AAR - in torpor)
    The Three Certainties of Life (a Byzantine D&T AAR - updated 19.02.14)

Indefatigable Psychotic tamius23's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Interesting that Aragon heeded your call to war, as they seem to be at war with France already (and Siena, and Bourbonnais).

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

I am honoured that I was the first to mention the aggregate of urban landscaping.
    Nevertheless, opportunity has knocked again with the French (of course what kind of knock opportunity has is always the concern). Sooner or later the French will want to push the affair and will not settle for a WP
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSword of the StarsVictoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

oh indeed, France does seem to have it in for you

if blsteen claims first mention of the decorative gravel, can I be the first to ask for a cat update?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

why do you not pursue your (potential) cores in france? is it more important to your strategy to abuse the holy war cb while it is available? do you feel unable to overcome France's army? so much income and manpower to be had there...i find it hard to believe that bb burn is more important than gaining access to the aforementioned resources. so many wunderbarcores available...take them or tell me why not!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 27 52 77 ... LastLast