• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In your comments post, you mentioned the difficulty of locating enemy forces; why not use spies? I understand that, for the most part, slider moves towards additional spies are suboptimal, but perhaps it might benefit you in the short run.

Then again, you've conquered the world infinitely more times than I have, so I'll leave it to your judgment :)

I think going Noble Republic reduced your revolt risk by 0.5. Regaining stability helps too. You took the quick peace taking Girona off Aragon. That core is great, but Aragon's already proven rather difficult.

Once you start dealing with the Horde, you have to finish them. You're already settling a province that will bring you into contact with the Nogai. Other Hordes as you know very well are the Sibir, Kazakh, Chagatai, Mongols and Oirat. You do not want the Ottomans taking too much off the Timurids, either.

That Bohemia is quickly proving to be an annoyance. I just hate that feeling when I want to fight a nation but cannot because I'm not strong enough... yet :D .

Also, I can't quite tell from one of your maps, but do you already have cores in all of your Golden Horde territory?

see Malurous? that's exactly what I was talking about :D

Haha, you certainly called that one. :D

All things considered, it went pretty well. While infamy burn has to be the priority in a game like this, there aren't many better times for a high ADM ruler.

Good going! I still think you should go through Sharjah, then over the straight of Dubai (or whatever it's called) into (presumably) Timurid territory, colonize your way to India and have fun conquering there! (that way, you won't have to colonize so much through poor Timurid provinces)

In your comments post, you mentioned the difficulty of locating enemy forces; why not use spies? I understand that, for the most part, slider moves towards additional spies are suboptimal, but perhaps it might benefit you in the short run.

I'd assume cost was an issue, Spies are nice but I'm fairly sure if he had more money he would fill up his Force Limit.

Last edited:

FEEDBACK

Selenimar - They have only got three provinces so not that scary but mainly I've got used to fighting wars with this sort of suboptimal starting point.

PiriReis - Map coming up, I'll probably form GB as it gets me an extra core - Orkneys - and doesn't everyone want to be cored on Orcs?

Avindian - Using spies to spot the enemy can be very useful (I did a lot of this in my Iroquois AAR to find out what Portugal was up to) but one they cost money and secondly within the HRE hostile armies seem to dodge in and out of neighbouring lands quite a lot. What I'm really looking for is things like failed assaults which generally pin an enemy army in a province for the next three months - so they can either be targeted at low morale or ignored while I attack something else.

Chief Ragusa - I have a horrible feeling I may just have to keep going against the Horde...

Duke of Britain - I need to turn Bohemia inwards so they start consolidating Germany for me.

MrQwerty - I have no cores in the Balkans or ex-Horde lands.

vasziljevics - :rofl:

Malurous - It's strange that given I'm attacking everything in sight the least important stat is Military.

Taylor - It will all need taking eventually - and when you see the map of the world you may change your mind over fun levels in India.

blsteen - A Horde TSC would be nice but I'm still smacking down hard on their troops if they go near my settlements.

Angry_Norway - Cost is a big part of it - I don't have as much money as I'd like.

Northcutt - If I was going to do that I'd play a Horde!

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

So lets look at a few screenshots from around the country shall we?

The Economy

jkx89s.jpg

Lots of interesting things here. Notice colonial maintenance at 5.1 a month - not colonies this is the cost of settling the Nomad territories. I’m lagging badly on tech.

The Military

z6644.jpg

Ideas and Sliders

120i2qv.jpg

Comparative technology

afk0tf.jpg

As we’ve already established, I’m well off the pace.

Armies

algnl4.jpg

Otherwise known as why I fear Bohemia.

Pies

107w12u.jpg

I’m really struggling to get conversions going. Three or four provinces in North Africa - Granada is still Sunni!

Troop Deployments

2mq11k4.jpg

This is England

11ux6wz.jpg

This is everyone else

102ujkg.jpg

Vijayanagar appears to have formed Hindustan. Well done the AI.

Aragon seems to be doing well tech-wise - it might be a good idea to seriously weaken them before they reach Land 18 for the Military Tactics boost or they'll be quite a pain in the behind in the west. After all, you're bound to only get it a couple of decades later.

How's Bohemia's Land tech? The army numbers are scary so hopefully there isn't a huge tech discrepancy.

same sort of question about the tech, given you don't really have a huge numerical advantage are you in danger of falling really badly behind someone with a big army + tech lead = real problems?

find the idea that your population is 50/50 Catholic and Sunni in an odd way very amusing

& from a more selfish point of view that your AI Ming has outperformed my own rather laggard expansion with them ....

Aragon seems to be doing well tech-wise - it might be a good idea to seriously weaken them before they reach Land 18 for the Military Tactics boost or they'll be quite a pain in the behind in the west. After all, you're bound to only get it a couple of decades later.

How's Bohemia's Land tech? The army numbers are scary so hopefully there isn't a huge tech discrepancy.

same sort of question about the tech, given you don't really have a huge numerical advantage are you in danger of falling really badly behind someone with a big army + tech lead = real problems?

find the idea that your population is 50/50 Catholic and Sunni in an odd way very amusing

& from a more selfish point of view that your AI Ming has outperformed my own rather laggard expansion with them ....

Bohemia has the same Land Tech as me now (1503) - overall they have the same problem as me lots of uncored provinces dragging on tech speed. One on one I expect I would win but of course it won't be one on one so I'm working around them. In time I'll have enough money and troops available but that might be a couple of centuries yet!

Aragon is a potential problem and I do look at taking them down a bit - they aren't likely to do much more consolidating.

Nice map !
now ... what is the blue in SE Asia? brunei on the road to form Malaya?
a bitt gamey , bou you oculd conquer the OE , and link north Africa to it , then move the capital in Anatolia or at Byzantium , to avoid having tariffs in all of Asia for a very long time!
you could always put it back to London after the WC is completed!

Is it me, or does the map of England look like a hugely upset smiley face with a tear?

It... does. That's kind of creepy, actually. Some sort of game engine commentary?