• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, even if Burgundy refused to remove the capital...
You can take a country capital whiout annexing it as long as it is surrounded by non-owned land provinces (If there's a sea province you can't annex their capital)

Anyway, Lithuania might be a problem to your settlements...

Excellent stuff, as always! I presume you intend to form GB when possible for the free cores?

it seems luck is on your side in Eastern Europe - at least for now.

by the way do you expect overextension at some point or you (will) get cores fast enough to avoid that? (of course until the change to a republic the ADM skill of the rulers remains pure gambling)

The plan is coming together in the east. The price just seems a bit high.

(of course until the change to a republic the ADM skill of the rulers remains pure gambling)

And after that as well - something tells me that bureaucratic candidates won't be his first choice. :D

And after that as well - something tells me that bureaucratic candidates won't be his first choice. :D

true - but it is not without exception that the worst stat of the new leader is the one which you chose him for :D at least republican leaders tend to be better and could be replaced every 4 years or so.

Boundary dispute with Bohemia - because nothing says thank you like your land is mine.

Now THAT I liked. Instead of Mother's Day, there Conquerer's Day.

Boundary dispute with Bohemia - because nothing says thank you like your land is mine.

Now THAT I liked. Instead of Mother's Day, there Conquerer's Day.

Conquerer's Day - In some civilizations known as Tuesday.

It's sobering to think that the economy's so ropey even with all the cores you're sitting on. I suppose the overextension modifier doesn't help, but that's not likely to go away until you've pretty much won anyway.

From a reader's point of view it makes for great drama.

Be careful that Lithuania doesn't seize the GH provinces you are occupying!

And god, Burgundy is annoying. Can't you have them release some land or something?

Yeah , the horde war makes you a nice target ...
at least you'll be able to take your two cores now!
How is the tariff situation? abysmal?

Sealing the Bohemians seems quite achievable now, but I expect they'll put quite a lot of pressure on you once they start DoWing every 5 years... You'll have to commit a fair amount of troops to the Balkans for a while.

Mali is peaced out as 1486 starts.

Quite how you managed to survive war with such a behemoth I truly do not know.

Gripping stuff, you are employing your outnumbered forces brilliantly, as I'd expected. The various Hordes are difficult foes but you seem to have things in hand very nicely at present.

Burgundy provides the opportunity to clear thier cores and claim yours. Nexttime they DoW,they ought to be small enough to vassilize. You've4 8,000 troops to deal with both the Horde and Timurids, who did move to secure a border with you. Neat annexation of cotland, though that makes keeping war exhaustion low to avoid rebellions. As nice as thar core on Transylvani is, Birgas would havebeen better. A cored port would give you more range to settle horde land you take. In the west you need to use Castile to reduce Aragon to vassilize size and then dipolannex Castille.

Interesting that the mighty English are feeling the pinch. Still I have every faith that after tea, a scone and some cat scratching:D, England will crush the Burgandians and make them feel the pain.
Plus cudos for incorporating the Highlanders, you'll be needing the Isle's secure while the Balkans burn.

Lithuania may indeed interfere with your plans to colonize Horde lands. How many colonists do you get a year? You've got a fairly tricky dance to do to be at peace with one of the Hordes, whilst fighting the other.

You're not done in the West either. Standing on the Rhine and master of all things west by 1500 is looking tight. France is not finished off. There's Foix and Navarra still there. Aragon's not a vassal. Guyenne and Avignon round off the work still to be done. Then there's the national focus to swirl around youer territories promoting cultural unity at 2 magistrates a throw removing other nationalities' cores. Settlement policy ties up too many colonists and raises BB. Taking Orkneys and Icelkand off Norway before Sweden or Denmark annexes Norway would be a sensible move.

Voting time everyone so head over to AARland-Choice-AwAARds-2012-(Round-1)
and start reading. Personally I find it an excellent way to find good AARs to read.​

FEEDBACK

Duke of Britain - Yes I can take an isolated capital but I can't take anything else in that peace deal. If the capital shifts I can aim for both my cores in one war.

Avindian - GB isn't a biggie, I'll get a core on Orkney...

vasziljevics - The luck ends soon and there's a nasty downward slide ahead!

Malurous - I know I feel I'm having to pay too much attention to Europe and I'm ot making the cheap gains I need.

Franconian - The timing was perfect - days after a war in which they did most of the fighting LOL

Rendap - Any day will do at the moment.

il_loco - That would be bad...

Legolas - I am and that worries me but I need a strong base.

Dewirix - The revolt risk isn't helpingthe economy either - I really could do with a nice period of peace!

Taylor - I don't force release often as minors usually cost more to annex than taking provinces off a major. Burgundy is a pain although Lithuania has other problems.

sprites - Tariffs are awful - as you'd expect!

Duke of Britain - Yes, that's my reasoning on force-release.

aldriq - All sounds good all I need is he fair amount of troops you mentioned!

generalolaf - Practice, pausing and tea.

morningSIDEr - They couldn't find me! The next set of wars are a real nightmare of firefighting with inadequate forces.

Chief Ragusa - Yeah Burgas would be a great place for a core! As for Aragon that's coming up. Colonist details in the next update and the Rhine and westwards for 1500 looks a bit optomistic now :(

blsteen - I don't have enough money, that's all there is to it.