• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
questions
1) why so few rebels? Do you have constantly good legitimacy/no regency, what is the revolt risk in English Africa, and national revolt risk.
2) how do you basically diplo-annex, in DW, everytime I try that I basically get very unlikely from the diplomatic action? mostly against the French minors that I force-vassalised some time ago
3) whats happening in scotland, when are they going to be absorbed into the English collective?

questions
2) how do you basically diplo-annex, in DW, everytime I try that I basically get very unlikely from the diplomatic action? mostly against the French minors that I force-vassalised some time ago

Diplo-annexing rarely becomes likely to succeed, and often requires trying, bribing the target back to 200 relations and then trying again.

Here's how to improve your chances:

1. Don't even try when you have high infamy. No one wants to be integrated with the realm of Vlad the Impaler.

2. Wait. You can't even try to diplo-annex anyone until they have been vassalised for 10 years, but the chance of success keeps going up the longer they remain your vassals.

3. Whenever your prestige looks like it will hit 100, spend some of it to add a small nation to your sphere of influence. Each sphered nation add one to your diplomacy score, and a high diplomacy score is very helpful when diplo-annexing.

4. Allegedly having high trust from the target nation will also help your chances. I'm not sure how to improve this for a nation that is already your vassal, but diplo-vassalising a longstanding ally should make diplo-annexing them later easier.

I take it you're not actually going to war in Italy, right? Seems more logical to go Holy-Warring.

I take it you're not actually going to war in Italy, right? Seems more logical to go Holy-Warring.

There is no point to war in Italy before Italian ambitions :D And then, DoW everyone, occupy it all and annex as much as you can in 1 day on pause...

... but only if the mission gives a nice infamy reduction along with the cores. I actually forgot if this is the case.

There is no point to war in Italy before Italian ambitions :D And then, DoW everyone, occupy it all and annex as much as you can in 1 day on pause...

... but only if the mission gives a nice infamy reduction along with the cores. I actually forgot if this is the case.

he could conquer rome for the bonus I guess

I'm hoping for feedback/update tomorrow unless something really stupid happens at work - which is depressingly likely...

Can you travel for three hours each way to read the paperwork inside some boxes because overnight couriers cost money - but so will my expenses - ah but that's a different budget - so you want me to get up at 5am and get home for around 8.30pm at a cost of over £30 to save £12 on DHL - Yes - Are you serious? - Do I need to escalate this up your management chain?​

At which point I'm in s**t as they'll go to my boss's boss and he's already told me he wants me to do whatever is needed to sort this if I want to get a shot at the next high profile project that comes in.

Some days I get home and look at the market for contractors...

As for the game - in about a decade it starts to go pear-shaped (which bizarrely isn't a shape available as a Visio template - I looked this afternoon).

Add me to the ranks of people excitied to be reading one of your AARs from early on.

Also have to subscribe to this hopefully epic tale!

FEEDBACK

Athalcor - Burgundy got jumped by some minors after I wiped their armies. Holland and some random Germans. I really like DVG, well thought through some very good work there.

Thandros - Good spot and good spelling!

Selenimar -That's the general plan.

stnikolauswagne - Good point - but I have no idea which provinces are needed to form Spain :blush:

sprites - Holland are going to surprise you my friend, they force Burgundy to hand over the COT in Antwerpen - well done the AI!

Chief Ragusa - Agreed that there are other countries who will colonise and maybe even explore but not early :) Ideally I'll have started to eat their provinces through low(ish) cost CBs anyway.

Memento Mori - Alas it doesn't go to plan with Bohemia

Chief Ragusa - On it - me being me I played a test game last autumn - to 1821 - then I had a couple of months playing the Divergences mod to Vicky2

Laurwin - Rebels, I've a few but then again too few to mention ;) Actually after the late game Tribal Succession Crises in my Horde AAR it's hard to get worked up about rebels. THIS is a rebel problem

Diplo-annexing I just try and try again - there's an update all the way back in my 1.3 Castile AAR about trying to diploannex Austria that's a little bit crazy. Generally high diplo skill and low BB work. At some point I'll diplo Scotland but it's not a priority - possibly after 1650.

Nordhus - Good advice :)

loki100 - Yes the idea in Europe is to kick them hard until they are too weak to be a problem and then oppoprtunistically grab cheap territory until I can finish them with the Revolution CB around 1800.

aldriq - That's the plan but you'll see what happens within the next couple of updates :(

Zozo - I'm paying careful attention to Aragon and Holland - they are my likeliest problems for explorers.

Taylor - Italy is end game territory - Revolution CB

Memento Mori - Yes, Italy will be missions and cores.

Laurwin - Not needed

sprites - I'll tale whatever opportunities occur.

MizarNX - Ah, I don't really pay attention - Rome usually falls late in my games.

Idhrendur & Rendap - Good to have you both here :)

aldriq - Paraphrased a voice conference not email - internal politics - I guess I could face them down but it would cost me goodwill up my management chain if they escalated. Good news is they had a rethink later and decided to ship me the stuff anyway.

CHAPTER TEN

Attacking the Mamluks with the Holy War CB in July 1465 puts me at war with the Mamluks, the Ottomans, Oman, Tripoli, Jalayirids and Kashmir. The goals are Alexandria and Tripoli. The war itself has little of interest although inevitably war exhaustion climbs as Egyptian provinces have very low support limits. I’ve made this point several times before but here goes again; fight down the Nile valley once. Take the provinces you seize in the peace deal; don’t run up the war exhaustion and manpower loss more than once.

Peace with the Mamluks - Feb 1467

8yg9oo.jpg

Urbino is white peaced shortly after as war exhaustion was up to 5.98.

It’s November 1468 before I next start a war; a year and a half of peace has helped drop war exhaustion to just over 3. My current mission is to vassalise Foix so I have the zero BB subjugation CB available…

72ysgo.jpg

By March Guyenne has already been forced from the war (losing it’s treaty with Milan so maybe France will be more inclined to attack) and Foix is vasselised.

9lhgtl.jpg

This is nice

33o32o4.jpg

Aragon is peaced out in January 1470 after Barcelona falls, yielding 174 ducats. I get a new mission with peace.

2pp0nev.jpg

Remember I already have a core on Auvergne’s other province from a boundary dispute some years ago.

Auvergne annexed - August 1470

6tfvkl.jpg

I manage to Diploannex them at the second attempt; that’s two new cored provinces. It’s a shame that you lose all the buildings in the province you don’t get the core on until after the mission succeeds. Notice Holland has taken Antwerpen from Burgundy. They took advantage of the beating I gave Burgundy a few years ago.

I reach Gov’t 10 in October of 1470 opening up a new provincial decision in London. I’ve stockpiled the magistrates needed.

20jiv0m.jpg

February 1472

33l1638.jpg

The stab hit is a real nuisance but losing a point of BB is very nice.

March 1472 and my truce with the Mamluks ends; time to get busy…

BB is 4.39 / 21.54 falling at 2.10 a year.