• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i didn't even no what i have gotten into apparently, it just sounded funny so in i subbed.

Looks interesting, I'll definitely keep up with this! A piece of advice if I may - as each cardinal gives a -0.10 infamy staying Catholic and cuddling up to the Pope is a must for you. It is ridiculously easy to get 4 to 6 cardinals at once after you've grown a bit and the cumulative effect on infamy is enormous.

Yeah , a new Prewnstar AAR!
France is avoiding you the trouble of declaring war
Portugal must havefailed hard to cede a province like this to Morocco!

Wow a new Prawnstar AAR! I must say that I have read all your past AAR's, and have thoroughly enjoyed them. This definitely warrants leaving lurker-dom!

ha call your self a lurker, i spent six months before my first post, now look at me, spending far to much time in OT.

Yay! Good luck, Prawnstar, I'm sure you can do this.

One question - are you going to generally follow the 'typical' route of almost constant Holy Wars until the mid-1600s to gain as much of non-Christian land as possible? Or is there another long-term strategy?

Great to see another AAR from you. Subscribed of course.

Yeah you just can't avoid the French for very long in an England start...

Feedback

nimrod123 - Hello and welcome, you may have stumbled over this by accident but I have what the police call 'form' on writing long slightly silly AARs. The one where the Iroquois went crazy and the one were some idiot kept the Horde tribal for the whole game - that was me!

MizarNX - I don't follow the missions that much in this game - I need BB faster.

JKNUBZ - Not sure now on the opening slider (I'm currently at 1440) but it won't be Centralisation - I never do that as I hate revolts before I've had a chance to get ready.

DeadeyeDave - I know guarantee Granada is an autowar with Castile but I really need BB fast. Actually fueling the diplomacy machine is quite tricky in the early game.

Trinitrotoluen - Likely to be Noble Republic, Administrative Republic, Republican Dictatorship. War exhaustion is a problem since peace is generally unwelcome and yes I'm looking forward to Paris.

arosenberger14 - I've played a test game, I'm staying Catholic.

Cresilia - Welcome to the forum, it's not the real Internet we're nice :)

Legolas - Yes it'll be Holy War from the moment I have control of Western Europe to 1650. I aim to make it to the Pacific in Southern China by that point - in a straight line from Morocco.

tamius23, sactwu, Hydroloc, Jstebby, bananafishtoday, Avindian, Athalcor, loki100, CivandEUIII, Tanzhang (譚張), Memento Mori, scholar, sprites, Malurous, Arakhor - Hi everyone, welcome and I hope you all enjoy.

and finally

blsteen - I knew someone would mention the gravel :rolleyes: good to see you

Update later, possibly tonight maybe tomorrow evening.​

So finally here it is, your promised 5.1 AAR. Good luck with it, it'll be very interesting to see you play with the new mechanics. That French DoW is surely a good thing! :)

I see you are slightly bothered by the decision of your beloved Newcastle United to whor...hire up the stadium name... I personally don't think it matters much as people will never refer to it by the new stupid name, only the media commentators will. Then again, maybe you should embrace it and find a sponsor for your AAR to pay the photobucket fees. Something like 'The More Th>n Historic Inevitability of Epic Failure' :D

Nice, a new Prawnstar AAR. I'll be sure to follow this one.

I'm not sure how viable a non-cheesy WC is in DW, but England is definitely has a better chance than most thanks to the good missions it gets at the start.

More Feedback

So finally here it is, your promised 5.1 AAR. Good luck with it, it'll be very interesting to see you play with the new mechanics. That French DoW is surely a good thing! :)

I see you are slightly bothered by the decision of your beloved Newcastle United to whor...hire up the stadium name... I personally don't think it matters much as people will never refer to it by the new stupid name, only the media commentators will. Then again, maybe you should embrace it and find a sponsor for your AAR to pay the photobucket fees. Something like 'The More Th>n Historic Inevitability of Epic Failure' :D

If I do go for sponsorship surely a purveyor of fine aggregates to the landscaping urbanite would be appropriate?

Nice, a new Prawnstar AAR. I'll be sure to follow this one.

I'm not sure how viable a non-cheesy WC is in DW, but England is definitely has a better chance than most thanks to the good missions it gets at the start.

I'm not convinced it's viable either tbh that's why I'm giving it a go :) The test game fell quite a long way short.

Chapter Two

The French bring their friends, the usual vassal pack and Scotland while Portugal and Aragon join me. Scotland is a problem, I’m confident I can beat them but my entire army is currently stuck in southern Spain. They’ll have a good run at seizing northern England - war exhaustion time.

Granada annexed - September 1407

j14iab.jpg

Peace with Castile - April 1408

2vki420.jpg

Andalusia has been the goal all along. At 3BB a province in a defensive war this isn’t the cheapest peace deal ever but the benefits are considerable. Castile, one of the great rivals in the colonisation race has lost a chunk of coastline, it’s COT, army, navy, treasury and picked up 12 points of war exhaustion. Nice. It’s June 1411 before I can force a White Peace from France. War exhaustion is 4.88. BB is 8.4 / 24.99 falling at 1 point a year. I’ve also got a couple of warnings; Jalayirids (wtf?) and Burgundy… A day later Aragon call me to their war with Sardinia. I accept despite the war exhaustion problems as I need Aragon against Castile. It’s only weeks later when I peace out.

November 1411 and I reach Gov’t 4 and time for a National Idea. Two options here; Military Drill to fight in Western Europe or Divine Supremacy to fight in North Africa. I’ll probably take the second choice at the next opportunity (Gov’t 9) anyway.

A cup of tea later, it’s Mil Drill - France and Aragon have taken it.

I have a Holy War CB (1BB a province) against Morocco as long as I have that border in Portugal. As Morocco is already at war with Portugal and Castile the CB won’t last long so despite my war exhaustion problems I DOW. The war lasts until the middle of 1415 but there’s very little of note. Portugal and Castile had already done most of the hard work even if they hadn’t set many sieges. Portugal goes on to reclaim it’s homeland province and take Tangiers.

Peace with Morocco - June 1415

ick9dd.jpg

BB is 9.08 / 25.00. With the new borders I now have the Holy War CB against Algiers and Morocco. Ideally I’d like to take down one of Burgundy/Castile/France/Portugal; but I only have CBs on Burgundy protected by Imperial Bohemia and France protected by Burgundy’s warning. A year later BB drops under 8 and war exhaustion is down to 0.28. Time to use the Holy War CB on Algiers, a key objective has to be a border with Tunisia.

ip84dt.jpg

It’s all going reasonably well midsummer 1417 when

34s19mt.jpg

Oh.

I think that "oh" is by far the most polite thing that could be said in that situation. :D

Interesting that Aragon heeded your call to war, as they seem to be at war with France already (and Siena, and Bourbonnais).

I am honoured that I was the first to mention the aggregate of urban landscaping.
Nevertheless, opportunity has knocked again with the French (of course what kind of knock opportunity has is always the concern). Sooner or later the French will want to push the affair and will not settle for a WP

why do you not pursue your (potential) cores in france? is it more important to your strategy to abuse the holy war cb while it is available? do you feel unable to overcome France's army? so much income and manpower to be had there...i find it hard to believe that bb burn is more important than gaining access to the aforementioned resources. so many wunderbarcores available...take them or tell me why not!