+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: A Venice Divine Wind 5.1 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Ragusa View Post
    You haven't forgotten Tajura. have you? I think the overseas requirement is the target country, not yours - but I haven't checked the event. I note the provinces taken in Spain are French blue and that's worrying. Watch they don't make a separate peace deal. I think you want the two Dutch provinces, 4 spanish colonies, maybe two or three other provinces off Spain that you border and annex Baluchistan - estimated 15 BB. Knock a couple of BB off that for vassilizing Austria; add in the 8.6 current level and that is 21.6. You have a self imposed limit of 10 - that's 6 more years of war. I think I'd go for Baluchistan first. All good progress for Venice.
    Yes, I haven't forgotten Tajura
    That's pretty much my plan.

1597-1598 : Austria vassalized. Three new provinces: Abhazia, Kutch and Indus

In February 1597, France peaces Spain. That's not a problem, by now we can deal easily with Spain on our own.

In fact, by March, in spite of the retreating French troops, we slowly take control of Spain.

In Netherlands, meanwhile, there is no Dutch presence in the South, while in the North we are ready to meet their stacks.

Our infamy is low enough. We demand two provinces from Baluchistan, Indus and Kutch. Kutch has a COT.

In July 1597, this is the situation is Spain. Portugal declares war on Spain as well.

We have over 400k soldiers by now and Bohemia has just 70k troops.

By September 1597, after some northern Province in the Netherlands have fallen, we are about to make contact there.

Not sure what I did wrong here, although the Netherlands have 23 Land Tech and we have 22. But I didn't commit all my troops to the battle immediately.
    We lose a battle in Ingermanland.

As I think I have Spain and Netherlands under control, I move some troops to Italy - around 60k -, we assign a general to them and declare war on Austria.

So, this is the diplomatic map in October 1597. We are not afraid of anything - but boredom.

Well, maybe it is a little too much, after all. We peace the Netherlands, I forgot to take a screenshot. We make them cede Abkhazia, release the Golden Horde, Lithuania, Prussia and Pskov, pay some money and annul treaties. So this is the situation in October 1597. Turns out that it is possible to make an enemy release an Horde and start colonizing their territories. My vassals have some armies there and immediately begin seiging their provinces.

A Chagatai province, Panipat, has meanwhile defected to us. We move on to the next.

Our troops in Lithuania are now in a good position to attack Bohemia from the northeast. While our other troops are in Salzburg, Steiermark and Graz are advancing to the North.

We blockade Sweden, who is at war with us as well.

Ah, sure, we are at war with Savoy. We defeat Savoy's stack in Lombardia.

We have our first major battle in Wien, where Bohemia tried to lift the siege on Vienna, unsuccesfully.

Meanwhile, we rout the Savoyan army in Piedmont and will be soon seiging their towns. Which is good, they are the war leaders.

We assault Wien and vassalize Austria. Mission accomplished.

1598-1599: The vassalization of Hungary. New provinces : Nagpur, Adana

The next mission will be the vassalization of Hungary.

As Savoy is being seiged by our troops, he accepts a white peace and the war with Bohemia & allies is over.
    Meanwhile, we are in the best position to colonize the Golden Horde provinces. But for some reason I lost the Colonialism casus belli with Netherlands.
    France has become the defender of the Reformed faith, which is bad news.

We annex Ramazan and now we get a land connection from Venice to Jerusalem. Map of Europe in February 1598

This boosts our income. It is now almost 15k ducats a year - taking into account the crusade effect.

Meanwhile, we support revolts in the Eastern Dutch territories. I wonder whether they will be able to hold on to them.

Our conquestador is still happily exploring China.

By March 1598, we can send our first colonist to Kalmykia.

And Spain is fully occupied, while we now are moving our focus on Spanish Africa. War score is 99%, our problem is, as always, infamy.

Another Timurid province defects to us - Bakkar.

Tunisia peace Spain and becomes a little bigger. Tripoli instead gets Bone.

In July 1598, we claim the title of defender of the Faith.

In August 1598, Nagpur (Deccan) defects to Venice.

In September 1598, we declare war on Hungary.

In October 1598, the war is over and Hungary is vassalized. But the next mission is the kind I hate, convert a vassal to Catholicism. This time I will make a real effort to fulfill it.

We will cancel the vassalage and try to get an "Alliance" casus belli on them. We will also "power level" to Government level 25 to get a new National Idea, Unam Sanctam, which would give us a Casus Belli by default, Cancel Heresy.
    It is time we start doing something for real against the heresy.

The wars with Spain and Deccan go on. We are also at war with the Golden Horde and Chagatai, but that does not count, of course.

wow 400k soldiers and 15k yearly income in 1598, really impressive
    I can't even imagine how big Venezia will be in 1821

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

A bit sad that you trimmed down the Dutch, their empire was epic

Grats on the connection to Jerusalem, though, now all you need is to be able travel around Mare Nostrvm on foot... or walk to the Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Uokko View Post
    wow 400k soldiers and 15k yearly income in 1598, really impressive
    I can't even imagine how big Venezia will be in 1821
    I hope I can stay motivated till then !

Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    A bit sad that you trimmed down the Dutch, their empire was epic

Grats on the connection to Jerusalem, though, now all you need is to be able travel around Mare Nostrvm on foot... or walk to the Pacific
    Yeah, I find it sad too - but what else should Venice have done ?
    Pacific, Mare Nostrum.... first things first. We'll see
    Last edited by diegoami; 22-05-2012 at 00:29.

1599 : Peace with Spain. War with Persia and Ak Koyunlu

I canceled the vassalization of Ragusa. I found out then that there is a bug in DW 5.1. If you cancel a vassalization, the wars with the Horde are finished and you lose all of your colonies.
    As I didn't know that and it is filed as a bug, I allowed myself a reload. I will put off the mission till I have Gov Tech 25 and by then I will need to have no colonies in horde territories.

In January 1599 the truce with Persia will expire and since we are Defender of the Faith we can now declare war on them. We send some ships to scout their coast - we have no spies atm.
    There are two 20k stacks on the coast.

In January 1599, war is declared on Persia and Ak Koyunlu. We are still at war with Spain, which is fully occupied.

As the Persian stacks have left the coast, we take a risk and land two stacks.

We invade Ak Koyunlu as well.

Through the Chagatai territory we send a stack into Persia. This will distract one Persian stack.

We quickly assault Hormuz and a Persian stack is lured. Reinforcements come in time.

Trebizon is also fighting against us. We assault their capital

The first Persian stack is routed.
    I will be able to catch the second stack - it is not quick enough and it is slowed by artillery.

In North America, meanhwile, the Pacific provinces have been connected to the "mainland"

The second stack is defeated and is then routed in a second battle.

Situation in June 1599 in the Ak Koyunlu territory.

In July 1599, We feel it is time to finish the war with Spain. We just get three provinces out of the deal : Alexandria and the two provinces in the Philippines. Rio de Oro and Tajura are fairly poor and there are better provinces in the waiting list. Aragon is released.
    Now Portugal and Granada will have a shot.

Persia and Timurids make peace. Situation in August 1599

We renew subsidies to Brabant and Brittany, who are fighting the Netherlands. But the biggest subsidies are given to Portugal, who is fighting Spain.
    In fact, in October 1599, we just have to deal with rebels in Ak Koyunlu.

...and Portugal is carpet-seiging Spain.

In November 1599, we are already carpet-seiging Persia.

In December 1599, we peace the Ak Koyunlu. We get the province Alania and make them release Qara Koyunlu, who unlike the Ak Koyunlu is a horde. The war with Persia goes on.

A new century begins. What will it bring us ?

Last edited by diegoami; 22-05-2012 at 00:34.

EU3 CompleteEuropa Universalis: Rome

Perhaps my earlier ideas for expansion were a bit far-fetched, but a few more wars with Netherlands, Spain and Anatolian minors and you will be the undisputed ruler of the Black Sea

Are you planning an ugly but infamy-free expansion through the Golden Horde?

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

that last map... is not pretty quite the contrary.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

So, those nationalist rebels we can see in Dutch territory in the last screenshots... Nogai, by any chance? If so and they succeed, you could get pretty far with horde colonization only. I assume you'd like that since you've worked to free the GH and QK already.

You need to get the Color Thief CB on Trebizond...
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Quote Originally Posted by diegoami View Post
    A new century begins. What will it bring us ?
    Well, before all it will bring you some carpet settling on the Caucasus and of the Ural region

Anyway I guess it is time to war either what's left of India or go to China before the Holy War CB runs out .... the Med is your lake, Europe is being managed enough to not be a issue ( well, I still do not trust that France ), the Americas and Africa are pretty much done for your side as well and will only need some wars against tribes and some unlucky colonizer and Russia needs some clarifying after the Netherlands breakdown. This basically leaves the far east as the only theatre where you can still play a little

Thou shalt not violate the sanctity of successful AI Netherlands!

(Stronger Sliders + Ideas, Unique Missions + Decisions, Extended Timeline, DAO Map and More!)

Hi everybody, thank you for all the feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
    Perhaps my earlier ideas for expansion were a bit far-fetched, but a few more wars with Netherlands, Spain and Anatolian minors and you will be the undisputed ruler of the Black Sea

Are you planning an ugly but infamy-free expansion through the Golden Horde?
    Yeah, the African provinces are low priority. I will be expanding through the Golden Horde - as taught by the Prawn-master.

Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    that last map... is not pretty quite the contrary.
    We don't want to be pretty, we want to be strong and rich !

Quote Originally Posted by Malurous View Post
    So, those nationalist rebels we can see in Dutch territory in the last screenshots... Nogai, by any chance? If so and they succeed, you could get pretty far with horde colonization only. I assume you'd like that since you've worked to free the GH and QK already.

You need to get the Color Thief CB on Trebizond...
    They are Astrakhan nationalists, not sure what they will become. Yeah, colonizing the Hordes is the big master plan.
    Trebizond is actually annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo Rolo View Post
    Well, before all it will bring you some carpet settling on the Caucasus and of the Ural region

Anyway I guess it is time to war either what's left of India or go to China before the Holy War CB runs out .... the Med is your lake, Europe is being managed enough to not be a issue ( well, I still do not trust that France ), the Americas and Africa are pretty much done for your side as well and will only need some wars against tribes and some unlucky colonizer and Russia needs some clarifying after the Netherlands breakdown. This basically leaves the far east as the only theatre where you can still play a little
    I agree
    It may be interesting to see how far can I go with my house rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Sihulm View Post
    Thou shalt not violate the sanctity of successful AI Netherlands!

1600-1601 : War with Ming, 2 Persian COTs and hard-core horde colonizing

By March 1600, several other Persian towns have fallen.

Meanwhile, our conquestador has been exploring China and therefore we send a spy into the capital. There are not many troops around.

By May 1600, Portugal is totally winning the war against Spain.

In June 1600, Kalmykia defects to us. We then border 4 Horde provinces that we will be able to colonize.

In the same month, we declare war on the Mings. Spain accepts peace with Portugal and cedes 4 provinces.
    We called our allies to arms, but France refused the call, even if it was "very likely" to join. We are not allied with France any longer.

We sink the Ming's navy.

By October 1600, several stacks have landed in China and the Mings are blockaded.

Spain peaces Granada and pays 20 ducats. We will be supporting revolts in Spain and try to lead the country to collapse. An event makes us lose 1 stability.

We hire an army reformer in place of the deceased master of mint.
    In January 1601, all of Persia is occupied.

Rebels are already outnumbering the regular army in Spain.

We gain a core on Sopron, Hungary (a vassal of ours). We peace Persia, thinking this would lower stability cost (I am not sure whether occupied provinces count) but instead the stability cost increases.
    Persia has to cede 4 provinces : Fars, Hormuz (both COTs) and two provinces bordering the Timurids, with which we have a truce regrettably. For a short while we have a bad reputation, the limit set by our house rule is 10.3 infamy.

So this is the situation after the war.

We are getting 4.35 colonists per year. By April 1601, this is the situation in China.

We are still at war with Deccan, and a couple of Asian minors who were allied with the Mings.

Four provinces can be colonized in the Chagatai territory as well, although I will not be colonizing the most Northern one.

A great event in July 1601 makes us lose 3 infamy. We minted a little to be able to pay the ducats without getting a loan.

Meanwhile the Venetian lemmings are spreading over the Mings. This country is big - very big. But also rich, they have several thousands ducats we could demand in the peace treaty.

We reelect the Doge. Then Portugal give us a Colonialism casus belli founding two colonies in Madagascar.

We renew the subsidies to Brabant and Brittany, who are STILL fighting the Netherlands.

And out of the blue, the Netherlands go bankrupt.
    Last edited by diegoami; 23-05-2012 at 21:55.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I feel honored that Sopron is likely to join the Most Serene Republic very soon(?) - I was actually born in that town

my bad

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

That doesn't surprise me for some reason.

It's now safe to say that the Netherlands are done for.
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Quote Originally Posted by vasziljevics View Post
    I feel honored that Sopron is likely to join the Most Serene Republic very soon(?) - I was actually born in that town
    That's the spirit

1602-1603 : Deccan annexed. Astrakhan defects. War with Bohemia and peace with Ming.

Thanks for the feedback, let's go on

Situation in China in July 1602.

Meanwhile, in September 1602, Dagestan defects to us.

As the crusade with Deccan expires, we annex Deccan.

So this is how it looks in Asia in December 1602

In February 1603, Ming accepts peace with the Ayutthaya who were fighting a separate war with them and cede them two provinces.
    In the same month, we get called to arms from Prussia against Bohemia. Prussia is one country we released from the Netherlands.

This is the diplomatic map of Europe after we joined the war.

Our military tradition meanhwile has skyrocketed. We hire another general.
    In April 1603, our truce with the Timurids expires.

In May 1603, in Sudety, we win our first major battle. Bavaria is fighting at our side.

In June 1603, we win another major battle in Bohemia.

In July 1603, we are winning the war.

In the same month, we sink Sweden's navy.

As Wales, Tyrone and Brittany are fighting Great Britain, we give them war subsidies.
    In September 1603, Astrakhan, who has a COT, defects to us.

We win several other battles, the most important in Breslau in September 1603.

Trading in Grain gives us a bonus : Land Forcelimit Modifier +25%.
    Our land support limit is now 551.
    Meanwhile, Wales becomes a vassal of Great Britain.

The Netherlands go bankrupt a second time.
    Situation in Europe in November 1603.

After winning several battles, by November 1603, Bohemia has been pushed back.

In December 1603, another major battle is won in Kalisz.

In the same month, we peace the Ming. Our war score was 99%. We demand just one province, Hainan. And 2975 ducats. We like money.

By January 1603, we got a good war score with Bohemia.

Since our war exhaustion is now around 3%, we peace. We make Bohemia release a couple of vassals. We could not prevent Prussia being annexed by Bohemia, though.

1604-1605: War on Ak Koyunlu, Bavaria

We have reseached Land Tech 23 and Gov Tech 24. In February 1604, we can move a slider and we go centralization.
    Regrettably we lose 1 stability.

We get a casus belli against Bavaria, border friction.
    We are now fighting only against the hordes. We lower army maintenance and we invest everything into stability, whose cost is pretty high considering the infamy and war exhaustion. But I have seen much worse, obviously.

Situation in Asia in September 1604. Oman has been cut down to size.

In November 1604, an event gives us 3326 ducats.
    In December 1604, the Netherlands go bankrupt for the third time. In March 1605, we declare war on Bavaria, as the Border Friction casus belli is about to expire.

At the same time, we declare war on the Ak Koyunlu. This is the diplomatic map after the war declarations.

Bohemia does not help Bavaria, but Brittany, as defender of the Reformed Faith, does. It is a good thing France is not the defender any longer.
    We win the first battle in München.

Meanwhile, Chandigarh had defected to us. But rebels take over Jammu and we lose our colony there.

The Bavarian stack is routed in Württemberg.

Meanwhile, Sarai defects to us.

We call for a crusade against the Ming, since in the coming years we will be at war with them pretty often. In September 1605, we annex the Ak Koyunlu and this way we connect Venice to Astrakhan.
    We will also be able to colonize two additional Qara Koyunlu provinces.

Situation in Asia in October 1605.

In October 1605, Spain collapses. They lose 1 province to Navarra, 2 to Granada, all of Egypt and Silistria to Bulgaria.

Meanwhile, we sink Brittany's navy. Soon after that we white peace them.

The connection from Venice to Astrakhan boosts our economy.

Europe in November 1605. Moldawia has declared independence from the Netherlands. The war with Bavaria goes on - as our infamy is not low enough to peace for the two provinces who would cost us 4 infamy.
    Last edited by diegoami; 25-05-2012 at 14:51.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Typo! "of" should be "off"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast