• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tikigod

First Lieutenant
86 Badges
Nov 6, 2011
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Not quite a bug report yet as I may be missing something, but I am currently playing a game as Zuul and researched combat Algorithms so that I could put more cruisers into a fleet only to find that after researching I still couldn't even put a single extra cruiser in the fleet.

Checking the fleet information screen it shows the fleet support as 54/57... so does combat Algorithms really only increase fleet support limit by 1 or 2?!? Or am I mistaking the description that says:

"Allows for more ships in a fleet" to mean CP when really it just means more ships but still with the same CP limit?

Not quite a bug report yet as I may be missing something, but I am currently playing a game as Zuul and researched combat Algorithms so that I could put more cruisers into a fleet only to find that after researching I still couldn't even put a single extra cruiser in the fleet.

Checking the fleet information screen it shows the fleet support as 54/57... so does combat Algorithms really only increase fleet support limit by 1 or 2?!? Or am I mistaking the description that says:

"Allows for more ships in a fleet" to mean CP when really it just means more ships but still with the same CP limit?

Im pretty sure that mine went up from 48 - 50ish, so that looks partially right. As humans. But Id have to dbl-check.
Also you should be able increase the fleet size by at least one ship if not more, depending on the ship type.

The current fleet make up that is using 54 CP, is I believe 9 cruisers. 5 armor tasked (4 of them just upgraded starter designs), one repair and salvage and 2 supply ships (Plus the command).

Tried adding a extra supply and it would exceed, another armor, would have exceeded....

So lets say for the sake of things, that every cruiser is using the same number of CP points per (Very unlikely, but still..), that's 6 points per cruiser... so at the very least by researching the technology I intend to add at least 1 more existing basic ship design to the fleet.

An increase of 2 is enough to add 1/3 of a cruiser to a fleet... seems a tad low, but could be that Zuul ships are just special and the rest of the races can add at least one more cruiser I suppose. :D

Last edited:
Think of the increased command ability to be a stackable tech. You'll need a farther command tech increase to increase the basic command to allow another ship. So it appears to be a stepping stone/stacking tech, instead of an immediate boost.

Each layer should at LEAST 1 more ship... as every tech should have an Immediate visible effect

Agreed.

The fact that multiple techs will improve the effect should really go without saying. But having to research multiple to see any practical benefit in fleet numbers seems slightly off.

Will make a new game as Zuul as the old one hit a unsolvable turn processing CTD due to what seems like a declared array problem, and will see how the new game goes and if the lack of benefit was perhaps a one off.

Can't for the love of me understand how I could (in next decade when the game is complete) have a fleet with 20 cruisers if the CP cruiser limit is so tight.

I suppose I'd have to build a DN command ship to have more CP but then I'd love to have 20 DN ships in the fleet. Wait... with a Leviathan class command ship I can have more CP... but yes then I'd love to have a Leviathan only fleet.

Well... I suppose I'll see all of this come true. After all... I am still young. :)

Can't for the love of me understand how I could (in next decade when the game is complete) have a fleet with 20 cruisers if the CP cruiser limit is so tight.

I suppose I'd have to build a DN command ship to have more CP but then I'd love to have 20 DN ships in the fleet. Wait... with a Leviathan class command ship I can have more CP... but yes then I'd love to have a Leviathan only fleet.

Well... I suppose I'll see all of this come true. After all... I am still young. :)

In my current game Ive built a few Dreadnought sized CnC units. With the combat algo tech researched I have a CP limit of 91 (cant remember if Ive got other CP enhancing techs as well).

So perhaps it adds enough of a bonus to these bigger CnC craft to make a worthwhile investment. Though dont quote me on it! Just got a CTD on turn 200 so wont be able to continue....

Combat algorithm add 3 CP to the CP poll, in prime it added one DE in SotS2 it add half a cruiser but it also add the CP to naval stations making them better at managing defense assets.

Now tbh, and taking into account that the game and tech tree are done, I think that combat algorithm should be an optional tech, but than again without those three CP you won't be able to field 5 DN in a DN fleet (you need 90 CP for 5 DN). So I'm at two minds over this, either make it an optional tech that add 6 CP or leave as it is with the acknowledgment that the only reason to go for it early is for buffing up you naval stations CP (basically adding 3 sats to the station CP potential). And now that I think about it another option would be to leave the tech as it is but still make it optional or at least out side of the main CnC trunk so if you want to just field large CR fleets early you can but once you decide that you need to focuse on Dn fleets than you research for the extra 3 CP.

But let's not forget that there are other CP enhancing techs in the tech tree so those extra CP could grow, I don't know by how much but it might be doable.

Warder