• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
CK2 is a bit different type of game- conquest is easier then in other Paradox games, but everything could fall apart even more easier. So i wouldn't bet on it. Then again, you never know!

I wonder if anyone is interested in it or already been walking on it, or even already achieved that?

please share your thought!

Its possible I guess, not that I ever wanted too (got my own reasons).. but the joy of this game is the fact, that all you worked so hard to get, could fall apart in a instance... it only takes 1 bad ruler to fuck you over :D

A member in Paradoxfan forums in Turkey pretty much achieved it in about 100 years, playing with HRE. He did this by inviting claimants to his court and invading other countries with their claims.

8bc6b4f1db72b1d53de5fc965d547.jpg

This feel somehow wrong considering the tooltip for claimant and if they become your vassals...
It ask to be de Jure or of your dynasty according to the tooltip... but it's not working as written as far as I could see...

The other way around is to become heretic...
Pretty sure that if you start as HRE and become heretic you can handle it quite nicely.

It definitely is achievable, but probably tedious as hell.
Simply managing Byzantine, HRE, Spain, Africa and parts of Frace make me frustrated enough, I don't even want to think how many plots and rebellions will be there if you control all the world.

What will force him to retire his game is the spamming of rebels. Seriously I would quit if rebels popped out every 5 seconds, which I'm sure they will once you conquer half the map.

I don't even want to think how many plots and rebellions will be there if you control all the world.

None... There is a limit set as 5% of the liege power stoping any plots (maybe not rebellion) attacking the realm...
So no one in his realm plots to get a title, lower CA and stuff like that.

It's definitely possible.

I started a game with the 2-county Munster and inherited TGH (after some persuasion) at ~1350. The "only things" left on the map are ERE, HRE, Turks, and Ilkhanate. The only thing that's holding me back is the possibility of Timurids coming out to play in the middle of a war with ERE and the Muslims, so I am content to wait for the Timurids waste troops on them first before doing finishing up. HRE does look like a nice snack to have in the mean time.

6791619818_db580df026_b.jpg

6791619950_be4b35f797_b.jpg

With that said, I am sure there are players who are far more successful than I am.. Maybe pulling a WC as an Icelandic count in 50 years or so something...

Last edited:
Totally doable though very hard.

The thing is, the VERY hard part is to remain as such after 2 or 3 generations, not just conquer it all. As Britanny, I've conquered France multiple times but always lost most of it a couple generations down the line. Bad heir (and I mean bad, all 5 of them), couple asssasinations, couple good weddings for your enemies/claimants and it's gone before you know it. That's part of the fun though :)

Totally doable though very hard.

The thing is, the VERY hard part is to remain as such after 2 or 3 generations, not just conquer it all. As Britanny, I've conquered France multiple times but always lost most of it a couple generations down the line. Bad heir (and I mean bad, all 5 of them), couple asssasinations, couple good weddings for your enemies/claimants and it's gone before you know it. That's part of the fun though :)
It's not that difficult once you get the hang of it. The key is to kill off bad heirs (i.e. homosexuals, arbitrary, cruel, kinslayer, etc) and keep your vassals weak, same culture, and same religion. Major uprisings are all but inevitable, but doing the "right things" will keep the number of revolts minimal (maybe 5-6 rebellions per succession).

Considering how I did with Munster, I'm pretty sure it's possible to do world conquest with a 2 provinces duchy : 60/70 years to get all Britain Isle WITHOUT any inheritage to get land. (Sure on some points I was lucky... I would say in 100 years you have all Britain easily.)
From this point, it's rather easy to get other things and I'm pretty sure you can handle many wars at the same time.

Considering how I did with Munster, I'm pretty sure it's possible to do world conquest with a 2 provinces duchy : 60/70 years to get all Britain Isle WITHOUT any inheritage to get land. (Sure on some points I was lucky... I would say in 100 years you have all Britain easily.)
From this point, it's rather easy to get other things and I'm pretty sure you can handle many wars at the same time.
I had a very hard time to get a CB against England and Scotland, so I am not sure how you managed to do it aside from inheritance or strategic marriage with claimants.

I had to use forge documents and ducal claims all the way for Scotland and had to wait for inheriting a horde to eat up the rest of England.

It's not that difficult once you get the hang of it. The key is to kill off bad heirs (i.e. homosexuals, arbitrary, cruel, kinslayer, etc) and keep your vassals weak, same culture, and same religion. Major uprisings are all but inevitable, but doing the "right things" will keep the number of revolts minimal (maybe 5-6 rebellions per succession).

Sure, but a lot of things you mentioned are a bit random in nature.

In one playthrough I killed off 3 of my first sons because they were growing to be total failures, only to have my last son (great potential), die off of natural cause at 15, and my house leader die a year later...That left one 2 year old girl. Needless to say, that generation lost quite a bit of stuff.

As for culture, it takes a LONG time to do that. If you start with one of the big European culture, sure. If you start with a more remote one, that's a lot harder.

Also, where you start (culture/blood relations, etc) and what you go for has a lot to do with how you'll be successful. If you go for England in the 11th century or so, it's a bit easier as William struggles for control most of the time in my sessions. Same for Ireland, very easy if you pull out some merc troops and get lucky with a claim. Go for France in that period and that's a different story because your 3k or so merc troops won't help you much against a straight up 8k stack that's just wiping the floor with everything you can muster as a little duke.

There's of course the min/maxing of everything that helps a lot but that's how games work :)

A member in Paradoxfan forums in Turkey pretty much achieved it in about 100 years, playing with HRE. He did this by inviting claimants to his court and invading other countries with their claims.
You can only do that for de Jure claims to your own Empire/Kingdom/Duchy. Otherwise they don't become your vassal, not even your ally...they just like you better. With HRE, they probably got de Jure Empire claims to everything but Texas :)