• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Blood Eagle

General
12 Badges
Feb 20, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
Is there a way to speed this up? I've been playing as England and I see a few flaws in the game setup.

1. If you start as Normandy and conquer England, you get absolutely jack for income for years. The start date after he's crowned is 100% absent of 'recently conquered' and produces normally. There needs to be a unique situation for England where you can avoid the recently conquered modifier if you start at Stamford Bridge.

2. If you start as England after as certain date in 1100, your culture goes from totally Saxon to totally English overnight. Seeing as you can't even 'become' English until 1100, and then you have to wait an eternity as your vassals and subsequently your counties switch culture.

It takes away the incentive to actually rise from your lowly roots. I took the time once to occupy the entirety of England so I could avoid dealing with the Saxons outright and hand off my duchies to my court, but I ended up with the only income in my country coming from Normandy. That was a total downer.

High stewardship can get the MttH down to about 31 years.

1. If you start as Normandy and conquer England, you get absolutely jack for income for years. The start date after he's crowned is 100% absent of 'recently conquered' and produces normally. There needs to be a unique situation for England where you can avoid the recently conquered modifier if you start at Stamford Bridge.

Start a month later where the Normans have already taken the throne?

Start a month later where the Normans have already taken the throne?

Did you actually read that? It doesn't seem you did. The POINT is that by starting a month earlier, you're doomed to a slow start.