+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ideas For Bubonic Plague DLC

Ideas For Bubonic Plague DLC

This is just some stuff I think would be cool to see in a dedicated bubonic plague DLC but I don't know a whole lot about the bubonic plague so if any nifty history knowledgable people want to chime in with some plague related facts and ideas that would be super cool

So plague should effect cities that don't have very high technology stats the worst, things like city walls or military stuff

There should be different severity of plague the higher the severity the smaller levy you can raise and full blown plague will cause no levy to be raised.

More heresy's pop up as people panic

Events involving Flagellants

duchey's that don't have the plague will declare independance from larger kingdoms that do have the plauge to stop it transferring.

Trading will stop. bringing in less money.

Peasants revolts happen more often.

Mercanaries cannot be recruited in high plague areas.

Armies that fight in plague territory can bring it back to their home country upon return

characters that gain the "ill" trait have an increased chance of dying.

Characters have increased chance of getting the ill trait.

Hunts, feasts and wars increase revolt chance significantly

New position opens up for characters who have high learning for plague doctor to steam the tide

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIMagicka

I actually want doctors in the game, someone that can speed up how ill you are, treat your wounds after wars. I'd be extremely good if it was an a title like High Almoner and Cupbearer.

docters were shit back then, they'd do more harm then good. (from what i know lol)

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty II CollectionVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

yeah but just to see an icon on the map of a plague doctor would be cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_doctor_costume

Instead of simply increasing likelihood of the ill trait make a new trait that is even more deadly.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Ka_Pwn View Post
    So plague should effect cities that don't have very high technology stats the worst, things like city walls or military stuff
    Larger cities actually suffered more.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A disasters DLC would be great. It should not be expensive, just a way for Paradox to make more money to fund a "Jihad Sultans" startpoint/expansion in 632. I want the battle of tours.

-Black Death event in 1347. Greatly reduced populations, taxes, levies (30%-60% cuts), and religious authority. Huge increase in heretic sects. Tons of events.
    -Other disease events
    -realistic infant mortality
    -Floods and Earthquakes
    -Witchhunts and Inquisitions
    -Enhanced peasant uprising events.
    -Shipwreck events (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Ship)

and you should also be able to reflect such typical medieval events as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrying_of_the_North, by giving armies an option to armies increase support limits while causing -to production and revolt risk and + to tyranny

Name of DLC
    Nasty, Brutish, and Short.

Crusader Kings IIImpireMount & Blade: Warband

Like these ideas; most of these seem like a good list of events for a content patch rather than dlc thou.

Terrible idea for DLC.
    Mainly for the fact that its not modular. This isn't something you could exactly limit to those who have bought the DLC, like Mongol faces or extra songs. It would be silly if player 1, the King of France, is being wracked by the Bubonic plague, but Player 2, the Holy Roman Emperor, is completely fine because he didn't buy the DLC

I do like the ideas presented though.

I believe there should be a way to spread the plague, that be a great way to slow the powerful kingdoms down and if found out would cause huge hit to diplo score

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Teleglitch: Die More Edition

Quote Originally Posted by billt568 View Post
    A disasters DLC would be great. It should not be expensive, just a way for Paradox to make more money to fund a "Jihad Sultans" startpoint/expansion in 632. I want the battle of tours.

-Black Death event in 1347. Greatly reduced populations, taxes, levies (30%-60% cuts), and religious authority. Huge increase in heretic sects. Tons of events.
    -Other disease events
    -realistic infant mortality
    -Floods and Earthquakes
    -Witchhunts and Inquisitions
    -Enhanced peasant uprising events.
    -Shipwreck events (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Ship)

and you should also be able to reflect such typical medieval events as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrying_of_the_North, by giving armies an option to armies increase support limits while causing -to production and revolt risk and + to tyranny

Name of DLC
    Nasty, Brutish, and Short.
    Harrowing of the North... so basically you want a scorched earth ability? I don't know if I would call it increase to support limits. It should depopulate the province and give it a bonus to culture shift. Possibly it should also remove the lord to be replaced with one of your own upon the peace deal and it should destroy one of the small holdings.

It would also allow you to cripple an enemy for a while and leave them with the ashes to rule over at the cost of tyranny in a non-conquest war. I think it should also give a "Furious" relation modifier. Possibly upset the Pope if they are Catholic people you use it on without a Papal Sponsored invasion? If used during a Papal Sponsored invasion it should blemish the Papal Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by naggy View Post
    Larger cities actually suffered more.
    well the logic being that you're cities are already big for the most part, and ones that aren't militarized and that can't enforce quarantines and stop traders and stuff will suffer more.

+ Reply to Thread