• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but it would start when the game is unpaused...I don't know what would happen if I sold these provinces just as France declared war.

The war starts as soon as France confirms it, before the game is unpaused. The sale of the provinces won't go through until the next day, assuming that the potential buyer even agrees to the sale. So you lose the provinces, but you're still at war.

In the future, when you give advice to new players you might want to be more specific in your instructions. I'm still not clear on the order of events that you're recommending. Before the game starts, declare war on Byzantium, sell three provinces, and declare war on Scotland? You forgot to mention that part in your original post. After the game has gone on for a few months, claim Castille's throne, then declare war on them. Not long after that Thrace will hopefully have fallen to your 5-10k troops. You say to leave half your carracks in the straits of Gibraltar, how many ships do you send to the black sea to ensure that the ottomans can't force their way back to the western provinces?

The war starts as soon as France confirms it, before the game is unpaused. The sale of the provinces won't go through until the next day, assuming that the potential buyer even agrees to the sale. So you lose the provinces, but you're still at war.

In the future, when you give advice to new players you might want to be more specific in your instructions. I'm still not clear on the order of events that you're recommending. Before the game starts, declare war on Byzantium, sell three provinces, and declare war on Scotland? You forgot to mention that part in your original post. After the game has gone on for a few months, claim Castille's throne, then declare war on them. Not long after that Thrace will hopefully have fallen to your 5-10k troops. You say to leave half your carracks in the straits of Gibraltar, how many ships do you send to the black sea to ensure that the ottomans can't force their way back to the western provinces?
Don't forget about the part on North Africa. It has to fit somewhere. There's also the part on Ireland that's missing.

I'm not clear because every game is unique and one has to adapt to said game.

You did say you only need 10k for North Africa and 5-10k for Ottomans.

Yes, but I meant in what order you attack and what happens. I mean if Morocco have gobbled up Algiers for example I will probably need more than 10k troops.

Nope, very serious, as Venice I did it with like 5k troops.
Please be so kind and provide us with either savegames or screenshots to back up all your claims, similar to what I did with the France SS, since you seem to have played at least 10 games in this setup you sure must have some Savegames lying around. It would sure be a lot of fun to actually analyse some of the data.

Please be so kind and provide us with either savegames or screenshots to back up all your claims, similar to what I did with the France SS, since you seem to have played at least 10 games in this setup you sure must have some Savegames lying around. It would sure be a lot of fun to actually analyse some of the data.

Except I no longer save savegames. Because I realized a long time ago that I *never* went back to replay them.

I don't get why it's so hard for you though?

I mean, Ottomans is busy in the east with Timurids, Bosnia and Serbia are there as well. Block off strait with fleet, start besieging provinces. Once entire west is peaced out, make them release Bulgaria, Smyrna, Antalya and cancel on Bosnia and Serbia.

Takes a lot of strength out of the Ottomans, then continue next war.

And keep whittling em down.

Except I no longer save savegames. Because I realized a long time ago that I *never* went back to replay them.

I don't get why it's so hard for you though?

I mean, Ottomans is busy in the east with Timurids, Bosnia and Serbia are there as well. Block off strait with fleet, start besieging provinces. Once entire west is peaced out, make them release Bulgaria, Smyrna, Antalya and cancel on Bosnia and Serbia.

Takes a lot of strength out of the Ottomans, then continue next war.

And keep whittling em down.
I never said it was any sort of hard for me, I stopped playing SP around 2 months ago exactly because nearly nothing is hard there.

What annoys me with you is that you always claim to be suuuuch a badass, yet there is never any confirmation that any of those unorthodox tactics are actually worthwile. For example your tactic seems to rely on the fact that the ottomans dont have any troops in the western balkas, imagine this: Right before your war a 10k revolt pops up in Bulgaria and the Ottoman AI dispatches 15k troops from the eastern theatre to the balkans. Remember that the OE starts out 2 techlevels ahead and with much better troops, a military NI and Buildings everywhere. You cant fight them on even playing field and to kill a 15k Doomstack you need around 20k troops. This would ruin your whole strategy and there is nothing you could have done to prevent it. And no, dont come with your typical "it didn't yet happen in my games so it wont happen at all",that argument is simply invalid.

So please, for the sake of all people arguing against you: Start up a fresh game as England, do your strategy and post a save, it will take you around 20-30 minutes and you will gain the credibility you lack.

Yes, but I meant in what order you attack and what happens. I mean if Morocco have gobbled up Algiers for example I will probably need more than 10k troops.
So how many troops do we need for North Africa? You said it was 10k and now it's not. The point is, you were telling us North Africa could be taken with England tying one hand behind its back.

So please, for the sake of all people arguing against you: Start up a fresh game as England, do your strategy and post a save, it will take you around 20-30 minutes and you will gain the credibility you lack.
My last game as Holland had France raped by Burgundy so I am going to post up a save and claim BBB is weak.

Point is, what happened in one single game might not be consistently reproduced in others. Even if he showed he could take OE with 1k troop because he PUed Hungary, Bohemia, and Austria on Day 1, I wouldn't buy any of that.

Last edited:
So how many troops do we need for North Africa? You said it was 10k and now it's not. The point is, you were telling us North Africa could be taken with England tying one hand behind its back.

My last game as Holland had France raped by Burgundy so I am going to post up a save and claim BBB is weak.

Point is, what happened in one single game might not be consistently reproduced in others. Even if he showed he could take OE with 1k troop because he PUed Hungary, Bohemia, and Austria on Day 1, I wouldn't buy any of that.

stniko: Perhaps you should try it yourself? (but I really don't see how Ottomans could get rebels that early in provinces they got no RR)...and even if they did...

you with the weird nick: Ofc the number of troops would be based on strength of the enemy. If the strength of the enemy is what it is when countries start, then 10k is enough for any muslim nation except Mamluks (that can be reached early)

Yeah, but how hard is it to take Thrace, block the strait, and crush Ottomans that are already at war?

stniko: Perhaps you should try it yourself? (but I really don't see how Ottomans could get rebels that early in provinces they got no RR)...and even if they did...

you with the weird nick: Ofc the number of troops would be based on strength of the enemy. If the strength of the enemy is what it is when countries start, then 10k is enough for any muslim nation except Mamluks (that can be reached early)

Yeah, but how hard is it to take Thrace, block the strait, and crush Ottomans that are already at war?

So I suppose you are doing a 180 now. Here's a quote to your earlier post:
Except that I would be helping Burgundy? I like the burgundians! =P.

No but seriously, I only need 10 000 troops to conquer north africa and the rest.

My other 25 000? early troops could be used to mess with France, not that I would be likely to send them over there.

So I suppose you are doing a 180 now. Here's a quote to your earlier post:

No, still the same. But I think anyone can logically assume that if some muslim nation gobbles up all it's neighbours.....

And I would be able to take Mamluks with a lot of vassals down there.

Why should I try it myself, my frickin point is that I dont believe its possible, I dont want to try it and fail, post here only for you to tell me: well I can do it so its possible. Its like if I would say "I dont believe that you can jump from a skyscraper and survive" and you tell me "Well then try it yourself, its easy". Also: No RR? Thats not even the point, there are events that spawn Rebels, there are slider moves to centralized which spawn rebels, there is WE which can ramp up quickly if they get into a "real" war.

This is again complete BS, you keep neglegting the fact that Muslims start out with far stronger troops (charge cavalry is unbelievable powerful early game) and better tech. If we were talking 1430+ you might be right, but early game every bad dice throw against a 8k army in NA could wipe your troops. Again, give us proof.
No, still the same. But I think anyone can logically assume that if some muslim nation gobbles up all it's neighbours.....

And I would be able to take Mamluks with a lot of vassals down there.
Again, proooooof. Your trolling here is getting tiresome. There are like a milion things that could go wrong in your tactic, for example: Timur dies on october 15 1399, the rebellions destroy the ottoman border with the Timurids, they then get a border with the Golden horde and bring all their troops on the european side of the empire. Or: Morroco alies with Algiers and the Mamlucks on Day 1. Or: Scotland Dow's you early and gets a shock 6 leader by luck, their initial 24k army manages to win against yours. And for the love of god, dont start arguing against one point in this entire post and ignore the rest of it, like you have been doing for like 3 pages.

Why should I try it myself, my frickin point is that I dont believe its possible, I dont want to try it and fail, post here only for you to tell me: well I can do it so its possible. Its like if I would say "I dont believe that you can jump from a skyscraper and survive" and you tell me "Well then try it yourself, its easy". Also: No RR? Thats not even the point, there are events that spawn Rebels, there are slider moves to centralized which spawn rebels, there is WE which can ramp up quickly if they get into a "real" war.

This is again complete BS, you keep neglegting the fact that Muslims start out with far stronger troops (charge cavalry is unbelievable powerful early game) and better tech. If we were talking 1430+ you might be right, but early game every bad dice throw against a 8k army in NA could wipe your troops. Again, give us proof.

Again, proooooof. Your trolling here is getting tiresome. There are like a milion things that could go wrong in your tactic, for example: Timur dies on october 15 1399, the rebellions destroy the ottoman border with the Timurids, they then get a border with the Golden horde and bring all their troops on the european side of the empire. Or: Morroco alies with Algiers and the Mamlucks on Day 1. Or: Scotland Dow's you early and gets a shock 6 leader by luck, their initial 24k army manages to win against yours. And for the love of god, dont start arguing against one point in this entire post and ignore the rest of it, like you have been doing for like 3 pages.

Who is trolling here? Magic 10k revolts in the western parts of the OE, Timurids failing during the 3 months of 1399? Seriously?

I'm busy with other things to play games right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.