• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

tst81

Second Lieutenant
24 Badges
Jun 23, 2010
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • King Arthur II
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • East India Company
  • Darkest Hour
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
How can I as Philippe, King of France claim the throne of England? Or is it even possible? I know how to fabricate claims for a single county or duchy, but how about a claim for a whole country?

The England is mine, gods damnit! :)

Marriage is the best option.

This is how I gained the throne of Scotland when I was playing Ireland.

Find a claimant to the throne of Scotland and invite him to your court. Being landless noble he then accepted a matrilinial marriage with my eldest daughter. Then I attacked Scotland (Which was having other troubles at the same time anyway, what better time to come knocking), pressed his claim to the throne. Then I had a man on the throne of Scotland whose heir would then inherit crowns of both Scotland and Ireland.

There are two ways of getting a claim on a King-level title:

1) Dynastically - with the right marriages, there's a chance your son or grandson or great grandson will get a claim to the title King of England.

2) Usurpation. You can usurp the title once you have 50% of the territory within your realm. So you can start off fabricating claims to counties and duchies, fight wars to acquire them, then you'll get the chance to make yourself King.

This is good advice, because I've been wondering about this sort of thing as well.

It's easier to get the throne of France as the king of England, tbh. Invasion CB is pretty busted, since piety is so easy to get, and you only need to be smaller than the target.

It's fairly straightforward for William the Conqueror to gain the Kingdom of France at the age of 60 to 70. Good luck surviving the succession crisis, though.

Walkthrough:

1. Declare a Holy War for a random muslim coastal duchy in Iberia. Win. Create two bishops for 50 piety, grant them landed titles for the counties they are in for another 200 piety, and grant one of them the ducal title for another 200 piety. Get the "become pious" achievement for another 100 piety.

2. Wait for a French civil war and/or Regency while saving up money for mercs. Get an invasion CB, and declare war. Buy a couple stacks of mercs along with some vassal troops to go around assaulting counties for warscore.

Help William Conquer England France always seems to get cb on all Williams titles
When he conqueres England including the crown. Go
To war defeat
Normans in Normandy England is a cake walk unless William hires mercs.

Help William Conquer England France always seems to get cb on all Williams titles
When he conqueres England including the crown. Go
To war defeat
Normans in Normandy England is a cake walk unless William hires mercs.

France only gets claims on the parts that William takes from France when he becomes king, ie. Normandy. They get no claim on England.