Go to thread!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Claiming the throne of England as king of France - is it possible?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IISemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Claiming the throne of England as king of France - is it possible?

How can I as Philippe, King of France claim the throne of England? Or is it even possible? I know how to fabricate claims for a single county or duchy, but how about a claim for a whole country?

The England is mine, gods damnit!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Marriage is the best option.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

"There is no joy without Clan Donald. There is no strength to be without them!"

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

This is how I gained the throne of Scotland when I was playing Ireland.

Find a claimant to the throne of Scotland and invite him to your court. Being landless noble he then accepted a matrilinial marriage with my eldest daughter. Then I attacked Scotland (Which was having other troubles at the same time anyway, what better time to come knocking), pressed his claim to the throne. Then I had a man on the throne of Scotland whose heir would then inherit crowns of both Scotland and Ireland.

There are two ways of getting a claim on a King-level title:

1) Dynastically - with the right marriages, there's a chance your son or grandson or great grandson will get a claim to the title King of England.

2) Usurpation. You can usurp the title once you have 50% of the territory within your realm. So you can start off fabricating claims to counties and duchies, fight wars to acquire them, then you'll get the chance to make yourself King.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

This is good advice, because I've been wondering about this sort of thing as well.
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

Yes. Since the Invasion CB was nerfed to bits with the latest patch, there is no direct way to take the throne; the suggestions are above are your options.

On Probation
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Get eldest son marry an English princess then claim the throne for your grandson/daughter when he/she inherits the claim.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IISemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Excellent advices. Thanks!

It's easier to get the throne of France as the king of England, tbh. Invasion CB is pretty busted, since piety is so easy to get, and you only need to be smaller than the target.

It's fairly straightforward for William the Conqueror to gain the Kingdom of France at the age of 60 to 70. Good luck surviving the succession crisis, though.

Walkthrough:

1. Declare a Holy War for a random muslim coastal duchy in Iberia. Win. Create two bishops for 50 piety, grant them landed titles for the counties they are in for another 200 piety, and grant one of them the ducal title for another 200 piety. Get the "become pious" achievement for another 100 piety.

2. Wait for a French civil war and/or Regency while saving up money for mercs. Get an invasion CB, and declare war. Buy a couple stacks of mercs along with some vassal troops to go around assaulting counties for warscore.

It was to ask whether France could get England, which is not possible through Invasion.

Help William Conquer England France always seems to get cb on all Williams titles
    When he conqueres England including the crown. Go
    To war defeat
    Normans in Normandy England is a cake walk unless William hires mercs.
    This is my AAR thread for Alsace.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=460411

I intend to hold Central Europe before crusading. Then maybe a World Conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Legend View Post
    Help William Conquer England France always seems to get cb on all Williams titles
    When he conqueres England including the crown. Go
    To war defeat
    Normans in Normandy England is a cake walk unless William hires mercs.
    France only gets claims on the parts that William takes from France when he becomes king, ie. Normandy. They get no claim on England.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

They always get claims on England in my William games.

+ Reply to Thread